The Listener

The Magician

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 22, 2011 on CTV

• Mastermind

Pretty good episode where Toby helps out Michelle read the mind of criminal mastermind she put away when she just got out of cadet training. Couple of twist in the show, but you pretty much can put the pieces together before they every figure it out and for me that was a first. Overall it was very entertaining to look at seems Toby is getting closer to Michelle personally I hope because Toby seems a bit alone and so does Michelle. Olivia seems a bright of sunshine so you can tell that she has someone special in her life.
  • This series is picking up steam - the plots are thought provoking. Thank you.

I wasn't much of a fan of the first season and I decided to give it a try again when they started the second season. The introduction of a junior female detective who is willing to give Toby freer reign in police investigations. It is so nice to see a production in a Canadian city - Toronto - rather than it being made to look like a production in an American city. In this episode we are kept in the dark till the end for the link between a convicted criminal, a kidnapped judge and an old case where justice was not served. The characters are a bunch of humble participants - not a cadre of stuffed shirts. What a change - maybe its because it is a Canadian production in a Canadian city. Keep up the good work.