The Littlest Hobo

CTV (ended 1985)

maritimer00

The Littlest Hobo Fan Reviews (4)

7.4
  • Great program, still holds it own today!

One of great shows from CTV during the 80s. I'm glad that CTV has decided to air season 1 on Saturday mornings. It's really fun to watch the episodes from 79, it was before my time. This show is better than all the reality shows put together!!! I don't get why more of Canada's beloved 80s programs are not back on the air. The "Maybe Tomorrow" theme sends me back to a simpler time, back to my childhood. Today's shows have gone down the tube, the retro shows are the best! London is the smartest dog there ever was, and ever will be!!!
  • Excellent show that leaves the viewer both happy and sad at the end of every episode.

While both of the series of The Littlest Hobo I am a true fan of the late 70's version of the series. I have not seen the show since I was a kid and this show was probably in it's first run but I remember most episodes vividly. I watched every A-Team + reruns as a kid as well but can barely remember the storylines to most(though I can remember the one plot structure for every show) and yet it is a testement to Hobo that once veiwed episodes are etched upon the mind of someone 27 years later. It was filmed in video format rather than film, that I remember which was a bit odd but not bad. The dogs(a long line of German Shepherds, most notably the London dogs) used in the series were exceptionally smart dogs, and very well trained. There was a good bit of acting on the human actor's side of the story too! The theme song is haunting and unforgettable. Titled "Maybe Tomrrow" by Terry Bush, it is out of print but available on popular Peer-to-peer sharing programs like Ares. I've actually found several versions there. It is a shame that VCI, who put out the 2 disc series for the black and white version has not and, based on my coorespondance to them, will not put out a collection for the newer series. I cannot find anyone with copies of the color version so the best one could hope for in my situation is perhaps VCI will come to thier senses and release the latter series as well. London Lives!
  • I am lucky enought to have seen Hobo first in the 60s version and later in the colour CTV series.The show has universal appeal from my Grandmother right to my grandson. Whowever has owned a dog can see the appeal of the Littlest Hobo.

Onto the original versus the late 70s early 80s shows.The appeal of the show went 4 generations in my family. My grandmother would cut the phone connection with my Dad to watch Hobo.Onward to present, my Grandson like his GreatGrandmother will sit in front of the TV for hours on end to watch Hobo.If it isn't already apparent I own a German Sheppard a female.She was raised in the Charles Eisenmann mode of education and I receive compliments about her.That aside, all the episodes of this series will never offend. They were insightful and show that Man\\\\\\\'s Best Friend is truly that.
    It was always nice to see the vets of early TV gracing the Hobo shows.Greats like Donald O'Connor, the late Al Waxman, Allan Hale Jr., amd Deforest Kelley show the level of casting that producers wanted and achieved.As I watch TV now with CSI everywhere, I turn to my collection of Hobo and yearn for a better less negative medium called television.
  • Makes me cry

Ok, so this offically makes me the most pathetic human being ever but I still don't care. This show was one of my favorites as a child & still makes me sad to this day over 20 years later. I can't hear the theme music without chocking up & the hero of the show reminds me of my childhood pet. So even though this show is rife with bad acting & polyester pants I couldn't care less. I love it. Damnit.