The Looney Tunes Show Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

"The Shelf" Episode Talkback

perualonso1

[1]Jan 16, 2012
    • level: 18

When Bugs received a Nobel Prize, he tries to find a shelf for it. But the simple task of finding one becomes very complicated.

Airdate: January 24, 2012

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DBTrilogy100

[2]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 7

After a 2 month break, The Looney Tunes Show resumes new episodes with the 3rd to last episode of Season 1!

*Daffy carelessly erasing the phone messages certainly is in character for him. Poor Porky, what trouble is he...oh, he's going to fall off a roof.

*Fortunately, Bugs still got his prize. Daffy's remark about being the "world's greatest daughter" cracked me up, I must admit.

*Bugs, $20 for shelf installment sounds like a pretty good deal. Looks like his pride will be his undoing.

*Bugs returns to the hardware store, but still doesn't swallow his pride...

*Tina shows up and offers to lend Bugs a hand. The house's water has now been shot.

*Daffy's conversation with Tina was quite funny, I must admit.

*So Daffy is going to stay with Porky for the episode...and steels his room in the process.

*Bugs disguising himself was a nice call back to the classics. What did he win the Noble Prize for anyway?

*Lola shows up to congratulate her boyfriend! Of course, she doesn't quite understand what "Nobel" really refers to.

*Speedy appears and gives a snarky answer to the question I asked earlier.

*Lola criticizes Speedy for not living alone...only to then tell him she still lives with her parents. Priceless.

*Daffy is starting to slave drive poor Porky in his own home. Porky also hangs a lampshade on Daffy's lack of clothes.

*Bugs makes a reference to the game show Hole in the Wall and proceeds to destroy his house further.

*Daffy & Porky's music video was kinda trippy, I must admit.

*Lola helps Speedy find an apartment and claims to have x-ray vision. Speedy said the same thing Daffy said earlier!

*Bugs dons another disguise, this time the one from Members Only. Yep, that's a pretty steep price.

*Lola pays Mac & Tosh's antique store a visit. Her talking to the furniture was a Crowning Moment of Funny! I wonder if her interest in bells will continue in future episodes...

*Daffy and Tina's dinner date doesn't go to well. Good thing Tina convinced Porky to grow a spine. Admittedly, I really cracked up when the only difference between Porky's bow ties was color. Looks like Daffy was wearing something after all!

*Uh Lola, that looks more like an apartment to your liking. Speedy hangs a lamp shade on this and decides to just stay with Bugs. I laughed hard when Lola said she'd have to remove the "Speedy influence"!

*Daffy and Speedy return home...only to find it in ruins and Bugs sporting a "slasher" smile! Priceless!

*The Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner Short was pretty cool, the wind machines were a nice touch.

*The house is back in living conditions...courtesy of Tina! Bugs still couldn't get the shelf together after all that trouble!

A very funny episode, if you ask me! Gotta give the writers props for balancing 3 story lines in 1 episode! Based on the title, the next episode sounds like an interesting one!

Edited on 01/24/2012 6:10pm

Jemadari

[3]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 12

That Daffy is a class act all the way, this episode was hilarious beginning to end

Daffy worlds greatest daughter, I can totally see it

There's no reason a Nobel prize winner can't hang a shelf, I came in second place at a boy scout Olympics when I was 9 so of course I can put Orpheus to shame when playing a guitar

Daffy likes having the option to where clothes, I'm with him on that

The armoire hitting on Lola, for me it was a crowning moment of funny