The Looney Tunes Show

Newspaper Thief

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Aug 23, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• Has someone stolen the soundtrack and excitement in this show? This episode especially faces pacing and story driven problems.

I was excited to no end with the introduction of a new Looney Tunes Show. I even got over the wonky character designs, but I have not gotten over the fact that this show is just lacking something. I know for one thing, the plots can be great, but there is something amiss in the pacing and lack of a soundtrack. It just needs something. I am not sure who the show is trying to appeal too, because it has some childish parts, as well as some adult parts.

This particular episode has an extremely slow plot and pace as Daffy keep re-hashing the same "not funny" bit of who stole his newspaper. Bugs rolls his eyes every time, and is apparently slow minded himself in not figuring out what Daffy is doing within seconds of the first failed attempt by Daffy to bust their neighbors.

At the dinner table, with all the guests around, Daffy tries to get a neighbor to confess about stealing a newspaper, but oddly enough all the relationships made with these characters in previous episodes in thrown out the door, which is real weird because this show often times mentions Daffy's stint in prison, which was another episode as well. Lame attempts and creating humor happen all the time in this show, and the acting seems rather bland.

The show is missing something, and it needs to be fixed, but I can't place my finger on it.