The Looney Tunes Show

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

shengongwu3000

The Looney Tunes Show Fan Reviews (87)

7.1
  • nothing good

Looney Tunes was Never meant to be a sitcom, nothing good is in this show everybody got demoted and the humans act annoying with no purpose. otherwise it sucks.
  • Looney Tunes?

While this show is far better than it could have been, this show fails to offer a significant improvement over the original.
  • They Killed It.

This show sucks, not because it ruined the good name of Looney Tunes, but because it's annoying, the characters aren't themselves, the jokes are forced, and overuse of pop culture jokes. Please avoid it like the raid.
  • That's not the real Looney Tunes

Looney Tunes was originally a set of cartoons which the characters were often antagonizing each other.

For example, Elmer Fudd often tried to hunt ducks or rabbits for pure sport, he is a vegetarian.

He wasn't a peacefull news reporter since he was always antagonizing characters in a way or another.

In that show, he had become a out of his character version without pestering other characters.

Yosemite Sam was quite a villain character who was often attempting robbery and several other crimes, nowadays he is a questionable "good guy".

If you watch older cartoons of Bugs Bunny you'll see that he wasn't so mature since he would not exitate in punishing those who had being a jerk for him and he would often go overboard even if a enemy was almost giving up.

He always lived underground and it was pretty common for him dealing with Daffy Duck who at times tried to make Elmer Fudd target Bugs Bunny during the hunting seasons.

Taz is not a pet in his original nature, he often keep finding a new prey whenever he goes and he often attempted to prey characters as such Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and a couple of few others.

He is often known for not being that dumb that sometimes he can even outsmart other characters that even Bugs had concluded that just using tricks would not stop him, specially in a episode which Bugs managed to find a wife for Taz who gone back to Tazmania in a plane.

Marvin is not a good guy, he often attempted to destroy Earth in several ocasions and mostly due the fact Earth was blocking the view of Venus.

He would also attempt to collect life forms from other planets like Bugs Bunny, Taz and other creatures.

Marvin would not hesitate at pulverizing his enemies and would even send killers to do his job, as seem in episodes of Duck Dodgers (TV series).

Nasty Canasta is often a dirty criminal inspired in the old wild west movies who often don't exitated to use his gun in the first opportunity or crushing his enemies with brute force.

In resume, all characters of "The Looney Tunes Show" are mere out of character versions from what they had once conceived.

That's mostly the kid's friendly rule which is always messing with the creativity of the those who works with animated works.

Frankly, it's not because that a cartoon character is aggressive with others that children will act the same way.

That's a lame excuse censoring television works when the parents never teach their children that they should never repeat what they saw in fiction in real life.

After all, it's not the parents failure if they don't teach their kids that they don't should put a cape and try go flying by jumping a window?

Nowadays, even Tom&Jerry are censored for being not appropriate for children.

But, what's the point of censoring a cartoon just because a cat is antagonizing a mouse?

It's the cat own nature to prey mice and even play with their corpses and all due their own instincts.

Really, the censure on cartoons nowadays is rather hypocrite...

Specially considering that cartoons nowadays are usually forbidden to have "death" or "die" being said.

Pretending that death doesn't exist is a very stupid idea and specially considering that is better for the children accepting that death exists than living a illusion that nobody dies.

• Cartoon Network is a Coward

For the morons who are saying that if anyone's complaining about this show you're too old to matter I have some things to say.

1. You're an idiot because you're assuming that because the classic cartoons are old, that automatically makes them boring (this isn't true)

2. The people complaining are way under 40

3. The classic cartoons are a billion times funnier and amusing than this unoriginal piece crap

I'm fifteen and my entire childhood can be summed up by two things: Disney and PBS. As a child, I did see some Looney Tunes cartoons, but not as many to say this show killed my childhood or enough to really know what Looney Tunes is capable of. Anyway, I came across this show when I had off from school. Not even five minutes into the show, I could tell that it wasn't right. But because they weren't in my childhood enough to know what exactly was wrong with this show, I had to go to YouTube and watch the classics. And I'm glad I did, because the classic cartoons are hilarious. Which is why I can't believe Cartoon Network did this. Looney Tunes has become the victim of twisted, cruel, and extremely lazy producers taking lovable characters, and destroying them. Cartoon network basically murdered Looney Tunes, yet no one seems to care. To make it even worse, Cartoon Network knows that they destroyed it. They're cowards because they like to play the game of hiding the classics and putting them on at times when almost no one would be around because of they did put the classics on when most people are around they're crappy little cash cow reboot would be dead in seconds. But besides this show's lack of Looney, there are more problems. The turnoffs are Daffy and Lola. Like Spongebob, Daffy has been so flanderized that he's no longer funny. Lola is annoying and I don't know if Cartoon network told Kristen Wiig to be as annoying as possible or if she naturally is annoying but either way they did a good job of making her voice and personality to be irritating. And before you "hip" and "modern" people thumb me down, I gave this show multiple chances, and even watching the so called "funny moments" of the show, and I didn't even crack a smile. To those of you that like this show, you're either idiots (the ones that keep saying that because the classics are old they're automatically boring), or don't even know what Looney Tunes really is, and should take a look at the classic cartoons for genuine amusement and laughs.
  • Worst Looney Tunes Show Ever

This show might be good for other people but I think it is the worst. One reason is that there is less comedy than the original Looney Tunes. Secondly, why are the characters showing love relationships ( like boyfriend and girlfriend) for like 7 year old kids. This show should be gone.
  • This is an abomination

Don't even know what to say
  • I hate this show with all of my heart.

The most complaint about the this show is that it's not like the old one, the biggest counter is.. "it's like Seinfeld" the boring kind of humor. I think the show is either very lazy, or fundamentally the staff decided to try a new way of comedy that's horrible. It's stupid humor that's trying to be clever.. by beating old jokes and stretching it for 30 minutes.

I don't hate it because it's a new theme, but because the jokes are very mediocre and they treat the audiences as if they're stupid.. then treat their own characters as if they're idiots... It's as if they're giving us the first draft of the screen of fine tuning the jokes to make them enjoyable..

I'm not comparing this show with the classic looney tune.. I'm comparing this with the better shows from Cartoon Network..

This show could be better if they decide to work on the jokes and stage better delivers. Or define bugs and daffy better..
  • Liberalism took over our television networks and ruined the Looney Tunes

There's a reason why Looney Tunes is called The word implies slapstick, how crazy things can get. I don't like the episode where Porky is trying to change the nature of the Chicken Hawk. You cannot change another individual it is not possible because you are creating another version of you. A Chicken Hawk eats chickens just like Mosquito Hawks eat Mosquito's. The term used in the animal, insect, and in the human kingdom means Just like a human would eat another human, so he would be called a Human Hawk. The joke of the Chicken Hawk being the way he is, he gets punished by Foghorn Leghorn for being the way he is. Foghorn outsmarts him all the time.

Daffy has been turned into a butthole and Bugs is just downright completely dull. First he was a pink bunny and now they've restored his original color. The reason they might end up continuing with the series is because children can't tell the difference between the original series and the new. So as an excuse this new sitcom is viewed as the Looney characters "Day off from being Which doesn't make any sense at all and is highly contradictory to the title Looney Tunes.

"Looney" meaning crazy and "Tunes" means with music added to it.

Witch Hazel needs another actress to voice similar to the original. The Liberal idea about the hairy monster(I forget his name) they turned him into a child as an insult to his original character nature just to get children not to be afraid. The monster got punished in a very humorous way back in the old days.

This new Looney Tunes is really horrible. You all can thumb me down all you want but it's my Constitution. Just think about it and compare the two shows back to back. It doesn't bring back no old memories.

• It Hurt To Watch This

I was almost physically ill watching this, they are the same characters in name only, the "humor" is idiotic at best, and none of what was supposed to be idiotic slapstick humor is even there any more. if I were to rate this based on individual pieces, plot 2/10 characters 1/10 humor 1/10, offensiveness 8/10 (and I am not even in the offended demographics they are specifically mocking) overall, it was just terrible. it's bad enough looney tunes is more or less dead, did you have to dance on their graves too? also, I have seen written here that anyone who doesn't like this is too old to matter? I am 22 for crying out loud! I grew up with the looney tunes just as thoroughly as the generation before me, it was classic well thought out and most of all it made me laugh, this is just pathetic as was that excuse.
  • offensive to some people

the looney tunes show new episode that i just saw about a minute ago was offensive to me. Albania is very good friends with America and has their smarts,but, someone had to make a episode which was about Albanians trying to kill their own friends, lie about us (Albanians) being dumb and thinking that we are spies,and finally, locking up insentient people for life. I am very offended by these people and think we deserve an apology.
  • TERRIBLE!!!

I will give this "new looney toons" a negative 5 stars.... what were they thinking when they made this??? Bugs no longer eats carrots and antagonizes his adversaries nor is he fun loving and annoying anymore, but is more like Steinfield, Yosemite hug up his guns to become a gentle salesman, daffy is mean and no longer gets his beak blown off, Sylvester no longer slobbers when he talks, Porky Pig no longer studders..... I mean are we REALLY so afraid of offending people.... lol come on now.... these are CARTOONS! It is getting old seeing the same old Japanese Animation and Miley Cirus garbage on TV. Why take a classic and change it.... WB needs to stob catering to the political correct and be bold and dangerous again......
  • I gotta take a leak, this show sucks!

When I first heard about this show, I got interested because I'm a huge fan of Looney Tunes, however, I watched it and was sadly dissapointed. This show is just as faithful to Looney Tunes as the 1998 Godzilla movie is to Godzilla. In other words, it's nothing like Looney Tunes. The characters are all wrong. Bugs is a whining jerk, Daffy is a moron, Taz is Bugs' dog, even though he's a tasmanian devil, Witch Hazel is a mad black woman, Gossamer is a seven year old, it's just to much. On top of that, this show is missing what made the original Looney Tunes great, timing, music, and hilarious gags. The jokes on this show makes the current writing for SNL look good. Bottem line, if your going to make a show this bland, that's fine, but don't try to pretend it's something it's not.
  • It is BORING!

This is a crap stain off of the well-polished Looney Tunes trophy! Many fans of the older cartoons would barf at the sight of this!

First off, I did try giving this show a chance. I loved "The Looney Tunes" when I was younger and I still love them now. When I first saw the trailers for this, I was expecting some good material to come in. But boy, I was wrong.

The most obvious flaw about this show is that there is little to NO slapstick comedy whatsoever. It is a mediocre sitcom-style that is twenty minutes too long! The characters are boring and stereotypical, have no development whatsoever and barely resemble their older counterparts. The dialogue takes forever to listen to and it drones on and on.

The modern-day references and Internet humor are out of control. I saw some of the transitional shorts of the show... and CRINGED! Elmer Fudd infatuated with "gwilled cheese"? Henery Hawk and Marvin the Martian rapping?! Who in their development team thought this would be funny? It is awkward and lame! It is like a bad attempt at a meme for a Youtube video!

Whatever came close to as slapstick on this show is downplayed. Some of it just came out of nowhere during a boring sequence, and hardly a giggle could be heard. And did you see the current trailers on CN with Daffy Duck being "crazy"? That... isn't crazy by Looney Tunes standards. Those are more like a compilation of reactions by a socially awkward man-child.

I'm sorry but this is what happens when you try to change too much for a reboot. If it was great before, then do not try to fix what isn't even broken in the first place. This is yet another bland series on CN that deserves an early grave.
  • Poorly done, cliche, "sitcom"-style garbage that does not embody the true essence and comedy of the original Looney Tunes... Which to be honest, is expected of the series upon first glance.

My point: It's the fact that the people who worked on this cartoon don't even try to make it like the original-- Funny with oodles of slapstick comedy, clever writing, great characters, and fantastic artwork. Instead, the cartoon in question is a poorly drawn and written "hip", psuedo sitcom that isn't impressing or amusing anyone... Well, anyone who is a fan of the brilliant original Looney Tunes... Or anyone remotely intelligent. No offense if you like it. Just being honest.

Anyway, in conclusion, they don't stay true to the original characters, the artwork looks truly horrific, and most importantly: WHERE'S THE FUNNY? Because I sure can't find it. Ugh. I'm sure Jones, McKimson, Clampett, Avery, Freleng, and anyone who worked on the original Looney Tunes is either rolling in their grave (Rest in Peace) or they're very much alive, smacking their foreheads in disgust-- considering the misfortune of witnessing this tripe and also having their masterpiece crumble before their very eyes.

• sooo...its a cartoon sitcom?

well i must admit i was pretty exited to hear that they were making a new loony toons show i though hey great! now kids today can see all the zany fun goodness of years past but a bit updated...and then i watched it...wow...just..wow..what..what was that??? i think i may have lost my eyesight...its seriously thaaat bad. it just looks horrendous..all blocky and just..ugly..it just looks unfinished and the characters suffer..and for the show itself its like the random adventures of bugs and daffy sprinkled with random appearances of other characters..like seriously..what are up with those songs? grilled cheese? really? i get they are trying to be funy and random but it just kinda creeps you out when you stat listinging the song go onn and onn..sadly this attempt to bring back the toons fails...miserably..however, the voices are pretty sop on..that is the one and only good feature here
  • Its Looney Tunes Meets Ctrl Alt Del: Boring and unfunny.

I'm actually pretty astounded that they managed to screw up the Looney Tunes so much. Loonatics Unleashed was bad, but atleast it was kind of entertaining in a "Dude, these executives have no idea what they're doing this is insane!" kind of way, This is just boring on all accounts.

The show is labeled as "The Looney Tunes as a sitcom", but what it really is is "Generic sitcom characters with looney tune characters pasted over them". Bugs is playing the straight man lead instead of being wacky and zany, Daffy is now a complete idiot to play against the straight man Bugs, Yosemite Sam is now the dumber than dumb neighbor instead of a raging cowboy (outside of his "merrie melody, but we'll get to that.) Every time the show looks like it's about to do something funny, like Bugs loving prison because he can be as smart alecy as he wants and nobody can hit him or Yosemite Sam ordering a Russian bride, they drop it so the show can devolve into its standard form of "comedy": Talking endlessly. The show is under the idea that if you just have the idiot (daffy) talk endlessly to the straight man (bugs) it will somehow turn funny, but it never does. There is next to no background music, which only makes the unfunny dialogue even worse.

But the worst part of the show are the Merrie Melodies, songs that come up in the middle of the show. So far, three of them have been horrible raps made by executives to try to prove they know whats relevant and one has been some weird love ballot that Elmar Fudd sings to grilled cheese.

Like I said, I'm astonished that the show is this bad. Avoid at all cost.
  • and there goes everyones childhoods

seriously what is this the year of crapping on everyones childhood cartoons? man i know hollywood has long since run out of ideas but really what is with all the crappy remakes/reboots of old shows that crap all over their good names?
    though while this isn't the worst one its no where near the talent of the original especially when you watch them back to back. the new one just isn't funny at all. it has absolutely no spark laughs or anything good about it compared to the original. also the little awful shorts with marvin martian and sam were god awful crap. oh and the commercial just shows they don't know how to write and it constantly reminds me of the writing errors. for example if no one noticed it has bugs saying you need me to make you look like a fool. it should say you "don't" need me to make you look like a fool. also too much focus on bugs and daffy. all the other staple characters haven't even been on it yet. seriously just let the shows stay dead please leave them alone and come up with something else. any rerun of the show is better than this crap
  • One of the worst remakes ever by the networks of today. Seriously, what were they thinking? I know no new show will ever be as good as the classic one, but for crying out loud, at least try!

1.5

Where do I begin on how bad this show really is?

First of all, the new design of the Looney Toons characters seriously sucks. They look like they got run over by a steamroller and then pressed with a waffle iron.

Secondly, the changes they made to the characters' personality is just completely ridiculous.

I mean, Gossomer a kid,? the witch a ghetto? Granny a former spy? Taz is Bugs' pet?

What, were the writers on drugs when they came up with this garbage?

Not to mention the fact it showed Daffy dating human women. What in the world? As if there wasn't enough controversy surrounding this show.

But by far the worst modification is what they did to Lola.

Good grief, what have you done to her, you sick producers?

Now, I do understand the original Lola wasn't the best of ideas concerning Looney Toons. Ok, fair enough. But to just swing the pendulum from one side to other without so much as an explanation...UNACCEPTABLE!

Shame on you, Warner Brothers! How dare you turn her into another Amy Rose fangirl?

You want to make Lola more compatibile with the other characters, fine, but don't be so disrespectful about it to those who are fans of her.

This is by far a complete slap in the face to what made the classic Looney Toons cartoons from decades ago an enjoyable experience to watch.

How this show ever got the green light is beyond me.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hardly any network nowadays cares about quality entertainment. They just splice something together and rake in the dough.

As Daffy would say from the classic episodes, "You're despicable!"

• Less Normal, More Looney; That's what made the Original Looney Tunes!! (Mine as well call this Spinoff "The Normal Show"!)

A lot of problems have been happening with Cartoon Network over the years, such as Chowder, Flapjack, CN Real, and more! It seems like CN is really losing its edge! Then when I heard of "The Looney Tunes Show" I said to myself yeah that sounds about right! But then when I saw 3 episodes, man was I disappointed. Not only was the Show not looney, It also had really bad Character Designs that looked nothing like the originals... Sure It's not Abysmal like Adventure Time, but it is still a pretty bad show for what I got out of it. Yes... The designs don't have to be as good as the originals cause they were definitely hard to draw, but at least put a bit more effort with the new designs. The reason why this show is not a complete piece of shit is because sometimes I get a giggle out of the jokes and the stories are somewhat original, but the plots in this show seriously don't belong in a looney tunes series. Also it is quite Disgraceful how they made some of the characters change such as Lola, Speedy Gonzales and Elmer Fudd. These Characters are supposed to be looney not freaking Normal, that's why they call it looney tunes. I hate this Show so much. Then again it's not as bad as Adventure Time, Marvin Marvin and the New Spongebob episodes, but for what it is it really sucks! If you like Looney Tunes don't watch this train wreck. It's not only bad but it's also a Disgrace.
  • Not the worst show on CN, but there's more bad than good

I'll be honest. I've never been too big a fan of the Looney Tunes. But even so, I decided it wouldn't hurt to give this show a chance. Now...I can safely tell you that you aren't missing too much.

Quite honestly, the only thing I found funny about the show is Daffy. Sure, he's an idiot, but he thinks he's a genius. The only episode I've found enjoyable is the episode with Daffy and Gossamar ("ONE OF THESE!"), because not only was Daffy funny, but I actually liked Gossamar's little kid voice (he's voiced by the little boy who voices Darwin on "Gumball").

As for everything and everyone else...well, they suck. Bugs is kind of a jerk, Sam is even more annoying than usual, Taz became a "dog" named "Poochie," and Porky just became...sad.

But, hands-down, the character this show's creators have mangled the most is Lola Bunny. They turned a strong, independent woman into a bipolar stalker. Is her behavior supposed to be funny? I'm sorry, but she doesn't belong with Bugs in this show; she belongs in an asylum.

And don't even get me started on those stupid music videos and Coyote/Roadrunner shorts. We don't need to see these (and the show's commercials, for that matter) 100 times a day. One word: UGH.

My final opinion: don't bother with this show. It doesn't do any of these characters justice.

• An imbarrisment to the originals, and a terrible show in it's own right

2.5
    The original Loony Tunes show is a hallmark of intelligent and witty children's programming, containing multiple layers of humor and sophistication. Everything that made the original Loony Tunes so magical, and deservedly considered one of the greatest animated shows of all time, is utterly missing from this show.

All of the great humor, all of the clever story lines, the beautifully crafted animation - all completely absent from this hallowed out shell of a show. Just the fact that you're ripping off a classic show is already an extreme bout of laziness and unoriginality. This show takes it one step further, however, and makes a terrible show in it's own right.

Even if the original Loony Tunes never existed, this would be a terrible show. The humor is bland, the characters are uninteresting and the stories are uninvolved. If you're a fan of the original show, you'll cringe at every scene. Even if you've never heard of the Loony Tunes, this show will leave you bored and unamused.

Do yourself a favor, and just watch the original classics.
  • Offensive... flat out.

It is practically unaimous from all the reviews I have read here that, just about everyone who has watched this show feels the same way that I do.

The deconstruction and deffamation of many characters is extremely uncondusive to the memory of the Looney Tunes.

I do understand that modernisation of the characters is neccessary, especially since it's no longer presented in shorts, but into an actual episodic format, but the manner in which it has been undertaken is whats bothering me, and obviously every other fan of the original show.

It's completely clear that the majority of viewers want this show, but feel that it NEEDS a makeover desperately.

And I completely agree with every ounce of my being.

My BIGGEST problem and complaint... DAFFY.

SERIOUSLY?!? Daffy used to be a crazy, bouncing off the wall, sworn rival to bugs... hence his name, meaning silly, wacky and crazy.

But he's been turned into a complete A-HOLE!

He's now a narcissistic, sociopathic... just ugliest type of selfishness one could EVER hope to NOT come across in their beloved cartoons of all places!

Truly... it's offensive it's so bad.

I really believe, if you at the very least changed Daffy, to at least somewhat resemble his former self, or just drop the new jerk persona that he's adapted, it would ease many peoples view on this attempt of a re-boot.

Not completely I am sure, but I know that's a huge part of it.

I have a few nieces and nephews, and one of them in particular is a total sponge... and I tell you what... THAT, (meaning daffy) is one personality that, I DO NOT want her picking up ANY of his nasty traits!

And because of that, I can't let her watch the program, or any of the other kids for that matter... and, that's pretty lame to think about.

I really hope the writers get the message that we're ALL trying to put out to them... we really do want the chance to enjoy this show, and it's not too late to fix.

Just please... don't let us potentially permanant fans down!

And if you have not seen this show yet, and are looking to the reviews to see if it's something you WOULD like to watch, keep an open mind to it being a once beloved cartoon, that's original was produced some 80 years ago... and the re-boot... is just that... A Re-boot, which needs re-booting.
  • Just when I thought they couldn't ruin the good name of Looney Tunes after Baby Looney Tunes

If you thought baby looney tunes was bad then wait until you see this. This show is about Bugs and Daffy being roomates, blah blah blah, there's more to this show but I'm pretty sure you guys know it already. It's a disgrace to Looney Tunes. The plots are very plain and simple, it's boring, and there's absolutely no slapstick to this show like the older LT had. The animation and voices are sub-par, but they definitely don't compare to the older Looney Tunes. The characters are way out of character and don't even act like their counterparts in the original series, it's almost as if they're parodies of their original selves which isn't necessary at all. The humor is not even funny and all the jokes are forced. Watch the original Looney Tunes cartoons, they're way better than this junk.
  • A Great Way to Ruin A Classic

The original Looney Tunes was great. There was always something funny going on at all times. The plots didn't even need to be well though out because the amount of humor presented was off the charts... Well, when this show came out in 2011, I knew it was going to be terrible. You cannot reincarnate a show by changing the whole way it's played... The Looney Tunes Show does not represent the original characters at all. Those of you saying that this show is "Great" or "good" and are giving it anything higher than a 5 obviously never saw the original Looney Tunes that aired throughout the 1930s all the way through to the 1960s. That was the true Looney Tunes Show.

Bugs Bunny is not this "mature, responsible guy". Bugs is an immature, clever rabbit who always outsmarts people. He does not own a house nor does he do anything in a responsible, mature manner. Daffy Duck is not a dumb, annoying duck. He is a duck that is crazy and hates Bugs. Seriously, how can you have the two of them living together?

Porky Pig is not an office worker. He is a pig always trying to do something in everyday life. Yosemite Sam is not a cool-headed guy, he is a hot headed shorty who hates anyone who gets in his way. How can you change Yosemite Sam up that much?

Those are just a few of the comparisons I can make. You can't change the Looney Tunes and make it a Situation Comedy-like cartoon. It does not work. The makers of this show changed up the way the Looney Tunes was. They completely ruined it. Now every kid who watches this show is not going to know the true genius of the original series.

This show is definitely a 3.0 out of 10. Only a 3 because I like how the creators actually make decent plots but the show is terrible, seeing the characters portrayed in a way completely opposite of how they were portrayed in the original show.
  • What happened to the slapstick comedy?

Back in the 1940s, the Looney Tunes shorts were pretty awesome. They had all these cool and crazy adventures, all fast-paced, with lots of slapstick humor. But years went by and up to this point, WB decided to put the "Looney Tunes Show" on CN. I just don't get why they would go another route: from being excellent slapstick cartoon shorts to being cartoons in the form of a sitcom? To me, it feels like WB's toned down version of 20th Century Fox Television's "The Simpsons" just terribly done.
  • Larry and Balki are back - in cartoon form. It's the return of an animated Perfect Strangers.

I really tried to give The Looney Tunes Show a chance, but it tries too hard and fails at being a decent show.

What made the old Looney Tunes shorts from the 30s through the 60s so successful was quality writing with timeless music and gags that are as funny and enjoyable today as they were long ago.

I'm probably a little too old-school, but I grew up on the old skits. The animated sitcom idea just doesn't go over so well with me and it appears that several other people didn't really care for it, either. The reviews all seem to be a mixed bag here. Many people like it, while only a few do not.

Some other reviewers used this example and I'm going to use it as well - the Grilled Cheese sketch with Elmer Fudd. When I think of Elmer Fudd, I see someone in hunting gear with a gun going out to hunt for rabbits or in the case of the Bugs and Daffy shorts, hunting for rabbits and ducks. Seeing him working a day job, then coming home and dressing up in a fancy tux to sing a romantic song about grilled cheese sandwiches was not only very out of character and off for Elmer, but very disturbing. I doubt very many children or even adults understood the point of the sketch. I sure didn't.

Bugs and Daffy are also off. I feel like I'm watching an animated version of Perfect Strangers every time I've tried to watch this show. I envision Bugs as being Larry and Daffy as being Balki. The real Larry and Balki (Mark Linn Baker and Bronson Pinchot) are way funnier than the animated Larry and Balki wannabees, and if I want to watch Perfect Strangers, I'll go grab my seasons 1 and 2 DVD set and watch that.

I think Mel Blanc would probably be rolling over in his grave if he saw this show. It's nothing like the Looney Tunes we grew up with and with Looney Tunes being the classic that it is, you don't mess with a classic. It's simply not done. I honestly don't know what the writers and producers were thinking here.

I'm not sure how the ratings have been for this show since I gave up on it after a few episodes, but I was sadly disappointed with The Looney Tunes Show.

Cartoon Network, like Nickelodeon, used to hold higher standards when it came to what shows they would put on the air and what shows they would not. But it's fallen by the wayside, sadly to say.

Then again, what good cartoons are even on TV anymore? I haven't seen any in several years now.

I realize not everyone will agree with this review, but it's really one of those 'to each their own' kind of shows. There are a lot of people who do like this show, but for some like myself, it just isn't my cup of tea.

• I am not comparing this to the originals, they are in a league of their own. But as a sitcom, a show, and a cartoon, this falls flat on it's wabbit foot. Featuring bad animation, unfunny dialogue, and 1 dimensional characters, I don't enjoy watching this.

This show tries too hard to be a good show. The humor is bland and unoriginal, the characters are too unrealistic, and the animation looks too blocky and stiff. Let me explain.

The humor/writing: I tried hard to find some humor in this show. Really, really hard. But for me, there was not a lot to be found. The Merrie Melodies are just annoying; I only enjoyed the one with Yosemite Sam blowing his stack. Other than that, I can't find much laughs in this show.

The animation: the animation looks like it was rushed and aired as fast as possible. The characters are stiff and blocky, and are not appealing to the eye. And what is with the 3D Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote? What is wrong with 2D? The look is just disturbing.

The characters: The characters are just plain boring and too stereotypical. Bugs whines too much and is lazy, Daffy is a complete idiot, and everyone else just has no personality. Taz is Bugs' dog? Come on, what were they thinking? And what about the situations? Bugs WANTS too stay in jail. Sure, it's somewhat original, but it just gets so annoying! I'm sorry, but this is not what humor is.

I tried to like this, and I see a lot of positive reviews, but that is just my opinion, take it or leave it.

• BAd

Yawn

Just bad... There are some characters that you don't ever try to update.

Especially not with bad, hack, sarcastic, politically correct humor.

These characters are all about originality & non-PC.

Just come up with some new characters & at least they can be bad & remain obscure.

• There's the toons and the show, but where's the looney?

Okay, so we all remembered the good old Looney Toons, right? Random fun, Bugs dressing up as other people, and overall being very cartoony. But this? Um... where's the random fun, Bugs dressing up, and cartoonyness? It's like they threw reality in with Looney Toons, which then turns into this. I have seen some of the episodes, and I can see some of the changes. Bugs no longer does the dress up stuffs, Daffy is even more of a butt monkey and an idiot, the big red fluffy guy (never knew his name) now sounds like a little school girl, the witch is not some evil witch that does experiments on the characters (and she sounds... normal...) and Yosemite Sam isn't funny anymore. Porky Pig didn't seem to be involved that much from what I've seen, but he still stutters quite often. And Foghorn Leghorn? Where is he? I've only seen him in some little short in the middle of it. And Wile E Cyote and Road Runner? They appear to be in the shorts, too. Those shorts appears to be the only funny parts in the cartoons, and they're just barely entertaining. I have yet to see Elmer Fudd, either, but I probably have missed an episode that featured him, so I can't really say anything about him. My point is, they seemed to have taken out what was funny about this show, and threw in reality situations into it as a replacement. I personally find it very boring. It's okay to do new things and change some things, but it should be done to improve and add on to the show, not remove what made the series what it is.
< 1 2 3