The Looney Tunes Show

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

shengongwu3000

The Looney Tunes Show Fan Reviews (122)

• Great reboot of TLS

I thought this was a great reboot of the Looney Tunes Show. While This is a new series with the original Looney Tunes characters reprising their roles, including Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote as well as Merrie Melodies segments returning. All of the original actors are returning to voice their characters. Bugs and Daffy goes through the suburban living whilesharing the same house and meeting their colorful neighborsit is great to have Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as main characters, I do wish the other recurring characters are seen often. Anyway, I enjoyed most of everything in this new version. I liked the Merrie Melodies, they're one of the few best part of the show. A few problems on the show is that I don't really enjoy the Road Runner and Wilote Coyote shorts, it is not that great to me and it is very predictable that Wilote Coyote will fails catching the Road Runner. Sorry, I'm not fond of those segments at all. Also, I kinda don't like Lola's fast speaking personality. I can'trememberher own personality. Voices are great and does so the singing in the Merrie Melodies segments. Overall, a superb Looney Tunes show. 9/10

• The show that saved CN

The show is flat out amazing! I have watched every episode at least once, and I was not disappointed! The Looney Tunes Show delivers and then some.

The characters are great, their voice actors do a phenomenal job, and they are very funny! Yes, some changes have been made to a few of them, such as Witch Lezah, Gossamer, and Lola, but I don't mind these changes. I still love them (especially Lola)!

I also like how the show is formatted. Usually at the middle of an episode, there's a Merrie Melodies song starring one or two characters. I admit, the first one with Elmer Fudd was a bit odd, but all I other ones I pretty much loved, especially We Are In Love and Yellow Bird (those are my favorites!). And at the end of most the episodes, we see a CGI presentation of the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote. Sure, the CGI made a huge difference, but with that aside, it's pretty much the same classic chases we know and love to death.

I absolutely LOVE the quality of the animation on this show! All the characters look AMAZING! The show looks very vivid with color and music, and it actually looks normal, compared to the other "animated" shows on CN.

I like how the creators experimented with the Looney Tunes by a making a sitcom type of a show, and I think it works! Of course the show isn't like the original shows from the 40's to the 60's, but I really don't give a flapping fladoodle about that, to be honest. Yes, we don't quite see a whole lot of slapstick, dynamite, and trapdoors, but the show delivers comedy in other ways. If you can't find anything funny about this show, that's your problem, not the show's. I find this show to be at least a miracle, because I'm kind of fed up with all the junk that CN has shoved our way (especially with the hypocritical CN Reality shows). The Looney Tunes Show at least is turning CN back in the right direction and starting a bit of a renaissance.

The show is at least worth checking out for 5 or 6 episodes. If you're a hardcore Looney Tunes fan, you might be disappointed, but if you're just trying to find a decent cartoon to watch on CN, prepare to be AMAZED.

• I absolutely love this show. Bugs Bunny has been my favorite since I can remember, and still is!

I remember watching Looney Tunes when I was three years old. I had seen Bugs Bunny bend a coin with his teeth, so I tried to do the same. I swallowed a penny.

I think I may view The Looney Tunes Show a bit differently than some people, considering the not so favorable reviews I've seen. To me, this show does an amazing job at poking fun at what society has become. To me, that's what the show is all about.

• The Looney Tunes Show is good, but if you're looking for something that resembles the classic shorts, it isn't for you.

Looney Tunes was one of the classic cartoons that basically started the foundation for future cartoons. These shorts had slapstick humor and a lot of cartoon violence. It basically ripped apart all the laws of physics. It's one of those shows that will never get old.

Fast Forward to 2011.
    When it was announced that there would be a new Looney Tunes cartoon, I was pretty excited. I thought that they would really enhance what made the original shorts so great. But as I watched the first episode, I noticed something. This wasn't the same as the original shorts. It had become a realistic sitcom. Needless to say, I was somewhat disappointed. So basically, Bugs and Daffy live in a suburban house together. They are no longer bitter rivals, but friends. Bugs isn't as wise cracking as he originally was, he's now more of a straight person. Daffy is now dumber and crazier. Taz is now their pet. Marvin is now a foreign exchange student. Lola is a crazed lunatic. Almost every character is pretty much different now. When the show started out, it was VERY disappointing, and not because of the huge change. It wasn't really that great. The storylines were boring and the humor wasn't really there. However, the show has picked up lately, improving on these aspects as well as others. My opinion on the show has changed drastically, going from mediocre to good. So, what does this mean? The show may be different, but different can be good.

Another thing to note is that the show has two shorts in most episodes. One is Merrie Melodies. I don't like these, I feel that they misuse the name (Merrie Melodies was just a name for the classic shorts, but here they are music videos.) and they're pretty cheesy. The second is a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner short. These can be pretty enjoyable, and they retain the classic slapstick humor.

Onto the other stuff. The art style and animation are good, but nothing special. Voice acting is good too, most are pretty close to the original voices.

In conclusion, if you don't want to see change, stay as far way as possible. If you're fine with the changes, then check it out. But check out the later episodes instead of the first few.
  • I thought that the remake of the original Looney Tunes was a terrible idea, but I actually like this show.

The show takes away the "lonney-ness" out of the original characters and, in my opinion, uses a complete different plot. The characters are acting crazy cartoons, they're acting like crazy human-beings. If you forget about the fact that they complete removed the original concept of Looney Tunes, the show isn't too bad.
  • Despite characters not acting like themselves,Bad CGI shorts,rushed music and too many humans,this show is great

As much as I think the Looney Tunes is the best cartoon ever,this show is great. I don't think it beats the original Looney Tunes,but still,I love it. In this reboot,Bugs and Daffy are room mates living in the suburbs going on crazy adventures. Now,their just 21 minute episodes than 7 minute shorts. And I love it. It's funny and they didn't even add any fart jokes in here. I also love the Merrie Melodies in this show like I'm a Martian or We are in Love. However,Like in every show,there are the problems. My first problem is the fact that some of the characters don't act like their selves. Elmer doesn't constantly try to kill Bugs,he loves grilled cheese sandwiches now. Witch Hazel is now nice and is called Witch Lezah now(witch is Hazel backwards). Gossamer isn't mean now and is a child now. Tweety doesn't even say "I taught I Taw a Puddy Tat" now, and Granny looks different. Lola was the biggest change. In the original,she was like Jessica Rabbit,now she is an idiot,never shuts up and is a stalker to Bugs. Second,the Road Runner shorts are nothing like the original. It's in CGI now,and Wile E. Coyote gets less injured than the original. They even made a short with them as ninjas fighting. Really? Come on,writers,you can do better than that. Third,the music sounds rushed. They tried to bring back the original music,but now it sounds rushed. And Finally,why are there so many humans on this show? Granny and Elmer are acceptable,but really,in the original,their were barely humans in the show,but now it's populated by humans now. But then,they brought back the "That's All Folks" thing,but we can't see it because of stupid CN'S commercials. And this also has funny characters. Bugs is clever,Daffy is still crazy,Marvin still wants to destroy Earth and Porky still speaks gibberish. In my opinion,this is one of the greatest TV reboots of all time,and I hope it lasts longer.
  • So THIS is the modern Looney Tunes, huh?

I didn't know one could make such a bland and unfunny sitcom based on a group of wacky cartoon characters who use slapstick for humor, but apparently the deed has been done. And here I am asking, is this somehow thought to be 'cool'? To make an animated sitcom when there's so many live-action sitcoms so that kids can also experience the joyous cynicism of sitcoms? Maybe it was made to appeal to adults... but heck, adults probably remember the Looney Tunes best for its PHYSICAL comedy. In any case, I really can't say much for this show yet. As far as plots go, the annoying question: "Hmm, where have I seen this situation before?" keeps popping up, which isn't good. While I do like the idea of Bugs, Daffy and Co. getting more fleshed out as characters, they really shouldn't all be stuck in an urban setting; they should be out adventuring wherever they want. Think of the possibilities! But at least the "Merrie Melodies" segments are silly enough. Gwilled cheese sandwich anyone? Yeah, I'll have to keep watching for 'signs of improvement'.
  • and there goes everyones childhoods

seriously what is this the year of crapping on everyones childhood cartoons? man i know hollywood has long since run out of ideas but really what is with all the crappy remakes/reboots of old shows that crap all over their good names?
    though while this isn't the worst one its no where near the talent of the original especially when you watch them back to back. the new one just isn't funny at all. it has absolutely no spark laughs or anything good about it compared to the original. also the little awful shorts with marvin martian and sam were god awful crap. oh and the commercial just shows they don't know how to write and it constantly reminds me of the writing errors. for example if no one noticed it has bugs saying you need me to make you look like a fool. it should say you "don't" need me to make you look like a fool. also too much focus on bugs and daffy. all the other staple characters haven't even been on it yet. seriously just let the shows stay dead please leave them alone and come up with something else. any rerun of the show is better than this crap
  • The Looney Tunes Return

I thought that it was great idea for Cartoon Network to make another Looney Tunes and it seems to be working just fine for me. Okay, this show nowhere near has the same originality as the old and classic Looney Tunes but this show is great and it is pretty funny. This show focused more on Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck while the rest of the Looney Tunes are just supporting cast. I love Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck but I want to see the other Looney Tunes in every episode as well because I love every Looney Tunes and I want to see them in every episode... not just Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Even this show may not alot of originality... it manages to have some originality and that's okay with me. This show would of have its classics if maybe it just the Looney Tunes and there weren't people in this show. The animation is very good and the dialogue to an episode is very funny. It's also great that this show has music videos of everyone's favorite Looney Tune but I don't think it's necessary for this show though. I do love the Coyote and Roadrunner shorts but I wish it was in 2-D animation instead of 3-D animation... that really bugs me. Overall, "The Looney Tunes Show" isn't as good as the original good ol' classic Looney Tunes but it's overall a great show. 8.5/10
  • Looney Tunes reboot - Good or Bad?

So since the original LT shorts ended, we've seen them as babies & superheroes. The question is: does this show suck as much as those 2 shows did?

The answerr fortunately is no. In this new take, we see our favorite toons living in the suburbs. Daffy is your usual selfish, lying, ambitious duck who is not very smart, with Bugs playing as the straight man in the show. We also have the rest of the LT as the supporting cast, with Lola as Bugs talkative, mood-swingy love interest, Speedy ownig a pizzeria, Taz as a dog (yes, a DOG), Sam as their next door neigbour, With Hazel (oh wait it's Lezah herE) & Gossamer as a single mom & kid, Granny (w/Sylverster & Tweety) & Porky as the third member of the trio.

Overall: It's not comparable to the classics ovbiously, but it's way better than Babies & Loonatics. Judging it by it's own merits, it's a very funny dialogue driven show with a pinch of slapstick. 8.5/10.
  • The Return of the Looney Tunes!

All I can say is that I'm really pleased that the Looney Tunes make their comeback in their whole new animated series since forever. The only problem is that each character now differs from their previous, original forms. For instance, Bugs Bunny looks much shorter from before. Lola Bunny's whole new appearance doesn't match with her original version; her blue eyes are replaced with normal-looking eyes like her boyfriends, and she isn't voiced by Kath Soucie as Kristin Wiig takes over. Also, if I'm not mistaken, her personality has changed from being an athletic sportswoman to a very talkative, bubbly, kooky girl. Comparing with the other Looney Tunes, it's been a very long time since Daffy Duck and Speedy Gonzales got to interact, especially when they co-starred together in most of the classic Looney Tunes shorts produced by Frix Freleng and David H. Patie. Their last short together was an Easter special that ended with Daffy becoming a very sweet and appreciative duck after being dipped in chocolate. The egotistic but insecure black duck and the fastest mouse in all of Mexico were also last seen in the duck's first compilation movie, "Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island". Sylvester and Tweety have been together for a very long time to which reflects their first cartoon together that won the Academy Oscar for Friz Freleng. Daffy has a new girlfriend who is somewhat related to Melissa Duck, except her name is Tina Russo. Witch Hazel's supposed twin sister and mother of the big hairy red monster, Gossamer, is Witch Lezah (with is Hazel spelled backwards apparently). Wile E. Coyote continues to try and catch the Road Runner as always, but the fastest desert bird is constantly one step ahead of the dumb coyote. They did star in three very first theatrical computer-animated shorts together with such vivid furry and feathery graphics of their original designs. In this brand new Looney Tunes series, they will continue with their whole new adventures. No matter what Wile E. Coyote does to endeavor his escapade of getting the Road Runner in his belly, he will never succeed EVER!!! What's even more unusual is that Bugs and Porky get to interact more, which they rarely did back during the early 1930s to late 1970s. However, they were in at least two classic cartoons together.

I've been waiting for so long since Fall of 2010 for this awesome new Looney Tunes series to air on Cartoon Network. While I am a little disappointed about the revamped appearances, I'm just glad they created a new show with the Looney Tunes characters in it. At least it's better to watch than any of the lamest Disney cartoons, including the ones with the pathetic mouse, grouchy duck, and ditzy bucktoothed mutt. I really don't care if this show is rated TV-PG, because I'll always show a lot of respect and passion for the Warner Brothers' greatest cartoons ever made since 1930. This is one of my many reasons why I love the Warner Brothers and hate Disney with every single fiber in my entire being. Believe it or not, Bugs Bunny should be nominated as the number one cartoon character of all times. How I miss seeing them on television!
  • Why is it that when Cartoon Network shows a good show... Everyone complains!?

I don't know what it is with some people here, but most of the reviews for this show are negative, and I seriously don't understand why.

This show is absolutely hillarious, and I love it to bits. It's not trying to be like the old show, but instead a sitcom-like tribute or maybe a cash-cow, but it's a good cash-cow for once - unlike the failiure that was Tom & Jerry Tales. Seriously though, just get the fact that this isn't the old show out of your heads, because it's been... 40+ years or so since the original series aired anyway. Things change!

I love the new voices of the characters, because they sound so similar to the original voice actors such as Mel Blanc. I don't notice any differences with Daffy, Pork Pig, and Yosemite Sam's voices, but I do notice a slight difference with Bugs Bunny's voice. He sounds more mature, and I like that. I believe the V/A did the voice of Buster Bunny from Tiny Toons Adventures, so that's why he sounds so much like Mel Blanc and Bugs.

I just don't get it though... Why complain? Why ruin it for everyone else? At-least this show has what it takes to get rid of a show that's actually bad, and is currently airing on Cartoon Network at the moment - Problem Solverz. You don't care though... You're just selfish, and are probably are bunch of trolls who actually want Cartoon Network to die. You complained about that god-awful live action series, Out of Jimmy's Head, and Cartoon Network listened and took it off the air, but you still continued to complain, and still do. Tower Prep and Unnatural History were attempts to please you with live-action shows that don't suck, but you continued the whole "Cartoon Network is for cartoons, not live action" stuff, and got them both cancelled too; however; you don't just stop at live-action, but every new cartoon that cartoon network airs... The Amazing Adventures of Gumball has a ridiculously low score... It deserves at-least an 8 or 9, but it has a measly 7+. You constantly go on about how it's flash and stuff, but at-least it's a good show. I just wish you'd all shut up for once, and don't tell me I don't know my Cartoon Network, because I grew up with the network in the 90's.

Overall, this show gets a solid 10/10 from me. It's improved for me since it began and is now my favourite show on the network besides Regular Show.

Feel free to down-rate my review haters, because those who like it will just up the rating again.

Just give Cartoon Network a break, ok? Complain about Nick or Disney, because they're the ones who you should blame for the live-action. They force Cartoon Network to make tough decisions, because of their domination of viewers, and without viewers, Cartoon Network would've died long ago...

I rest my case...
  • Its Looney Tunes Meets Ctrl Alt Del: Boring and unfunny.

I'm actually pretty astounded that they managed to screw up the Looney Tunes so much. Loonatics Unleashed was bad, but atleast it was kind of entertaining in a "Dude, these executives have no idea what they're doing this is insane!" kind of way, This is just boring on all accounts.

The show is labeled as "The Looney Tunes as a sitcom", but what it really is is "Generic sitcom characters with looney tune characters pasted over them". Bugs is playing the straight man lead instead of being wacky and zany, Daffy is now a complete idiot to play against the straight man Bugs, Yosemite Sam is now the dumber than dumb neighbor instead of a raging cowboy (outside of his "merrie melody, but we'll get to that.) Every time the show looks like it's about to do something funny, like Bugs loving prison because he can be as smart alecy as he wants and nobody can hit him or Yosemite Sam ordering a Russian bride, they drop it so the show can devolve into its standard form of "comedy": Talking endlessly. The show is under the idea that if you just have the idiot (daffy) talk endlessly to the straight man (bugs) it will somehow turn funny, but it never does. There is next to no background music, which only makes the unfunny dialogue even worse.

But the worst part of the show are the Merrie Melodies, songs that come up in the middle of the show. So far, three of them have been horrible raps made by executives to try to prove they know whats relevant and one has been some weird love ballot that Elmar Fudd sings to grilled cheese.

Like I said, I'm astonished that the show is this bad. Avoid at all cost.
  • There's the toons and the show, but where's the looney?

Okay, so we all remembered the good old Looney Toons, right? Random fun, Bugs dressing up as other people, and overall being very cartoony. But this? Um... where's the random fun, Bugs dressing up, and cartoonyness? It's like they threw reality in with Looney Toons, which then turns into this. I have seen some of the episodes, and I can see some of the changes. Bugs no longer does the dress up stuffs, Daffy is even more of a butt monkey and an idiot, the big red fluffy guy (never knew his name) now sounds like a little school girl, the witch is not some evil witch that does experiments on the characters (and she sounds... normal...) and Yosemite Sam isn't funny anymore. Porky Pig didn't seem to be involved that much from what I've seen, but he still stutters quite often. And Foghorn Leghorn? Where is he? I've only seen him in some little short in the middle of it. And Wile E Cyote and Road Runner? They appear to be in the shorts, too. Those shorts appears to be the only funny parts in the cartoons, and they're just barely entertaining. I have yet to see Elmer Fudd, either, but I probably have missed an episode that featured him, so I can't really say anything about him. My point is, they seemed to have taken out what was funny about this show, and threw in reality situations into it as a replacement. I personally find it very boring. It's okay to do new things and change some things, but it should be done to improve and add on to the show, not remove what made the series what it is.
  • sooo...its a cartoon sitcom?

well i must admit i was pretty exited to hear that they were making a new loony toons show i though hey great! now kids today can see all the zany fun goodness of years past but a bit updated...and then i watched it...wow...just..wow..what..what was that??? i think i may have lost my eyesight...its seriously thaaat bad. it just looks horrendous..all blocky and just..ugly..it just looks unfinished and the characters suffer..and for the show itself its like the random adventures of bugs and daffy sprinkled with random appearances of other characters..like seriously..what are up with those songs? grilled cheese? really? i get they are trying to be funy and random but it just kinda creeps you out when you stat listinging the song go onn and onn..sadly this attempt to bring back the toons fails...miserably..however, the voices are pretty sop on..that is the one and only good feature here
  • Watch out Scooby Doo, the Looney Tunes are back in action!

OK, when I looked at the previews on this show I was thinking, Oh my god, they destroyed the looney tunes! I was proven wrong when I took a look at this show, after watching the Amazing World of Gumball. I was surprised, in a very good way. While its nowhere near as good as the original Looney Tunes, it still works as entertaining show. The show itself is about Bugs Bunny and Daffy living as roommates, and they have adventures together. One aspect I liked about the show is that all the classic characters are seen again. There is also these short segments called "Merrie Melodies", which come as good, but are little too cheesy. There is also a short segment in the end of each episode involving the Roadrunner and the Coyote, which I find even more enjoyable than the show itself. It also adds some slapstick humor that the actual episode was missing, too. The animation is great and clean, and all the designs of the characters look great. Not to mention that they feel like their old selves again. However, if there was one thing I would have to say bad about this show, it would have to be Bugs Bunny. Bugs is nowhere near as clever as he was in the original Looney Tunes, is WAY too short-tempered now, and doesn't keep his cool as much. But other than that, the show does make a nice reboot of the original Looney Tunes. Classic characters are seen again, refreshing jokes are added as well as the original slapstick humor, and animation is great. This, along with the Amazing World of Gumball, is one of Cartoon Network's finest, and is definitely worth a look.

Presentation: 7.0 While plots aren't original, seeing the characters gives you a feeling of your childhood again.

Animation: 9.5 Amazing. Animation flows nicely, and the artwork seems fantastic. The character designs also fit nicely.

Voice: 8.5 All the voices fit nearly fit all the characters, and the lip syncs are matched, but something about Bugs Bunny's voice throws me off.

Entertainment: 9.5 The original humor is hilarious, and the segments at the end add some slapstick humor as well.

Lasting Appeal: 9 The show does a fine job adding new things to TV, and the humor will keep you hooked on to the show.

FINAL SCORE: 9/10 Amazing
  • BAd

Yawn

Just bad... There are some characters that you don't ever try to update.

Especially not with bad, hack, sarcastic, politically correct humor.

These characters are all about originality & non-PC.

Just come up with some new characters & at least they can be bad & remain obscure.

• I am not comparing this to the originals, they are in a league of their own. But as a sitcom, a show, and a cartoon, this falls flat on it's wabbit foot. Featuring bad animation, unfunny dialogue, and 1 dimensional characters, I don't enjoy watching this.

This show tries too hard to be a good show. The humor is bland and unoriginal, the characters are too unrealistic, and the animation looks too blocky and stiff. Let me explain.

The humor/writing: I tried hard to find some humor in this show. Really, really hard. But for me, there was not a lot to be found. The Merrie Melodies are just annoying; I only enjoyed the one with Yosemite Sam blowing his stack. Other than that, I can't find much laughs in this show.

The animation: the animation looks like it was rushed and aired as fast as possible. The characters are stiff and blocky, and are not appealing to the eye. And what is with the 3D Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote? What is wrong with 2D? The look is just disturbing.

The characters: The characters are just plain boring and too stereotypical. Bugs whines too much and is lazy, Daffy is a complete idiot, and everyone else just has no personality. Taz is Bugs' dog? Come on, what were they thinking? And what about the situations? Bugs WANTS too stay in jail. Sure, it's somewhat original, but it just gets so annoying! I'm sorry, but this is not what humor is.

I tried to like this, and I see a lot of positive reviews, but that is just my opinion, take it or leave it.

• Not the worst show on CN, but there's more bad than good

I'll be honest. I've never been too big a fan of the Looney Tunes. But even so, I decided it wouldn't hurt to give this show a chance. Now...I can safely tell you that you aren't missing too much.

Quite honestly, the only thing I found funny about the show is Daffy. Sure, he's an idiot, but he thinks he's a genius. The only episode I've found enjoyable is the episode with Daffy and Gossamar ("ONE OF THESE!"), because not only was Daffy funny, but I actually liked Gossamar's little kid voice (he's voiced by the little boy who voices Darwin on "Gumball").

As for everything and everyone else...well, they suck. Bugs is kind of a jerk, Sam is even more annoying than usual, Taz became a "dog" named "Poochie," and Porky just became...sad.

But, hands-down, the character this show's creators have mangled the most is Lola Bunny. They turned a strong, independent woman into a bipolar stalker. Is her behavior supposed to be funny? I'm sorry, but she doesn't belong with Bugs in this show; she belongs in an asylum.

And don't even get me started on those stupid music videos and Coyote/Roadrunner shorts. We don't need to see these (and the show's commercials, for that matter) 100 times a day. One word: UGH.

My final opinion: don't bother with this show. It doesn't do any of these characters justice.

• Larry and Balki are back - in cartoon form. It's the return of an animated Perfect Strangers.

I really tried to give The Looney Tunes Show a chance, but it tries too hard and fails at being a decent show.

What made the old Looney Tunes shorts from the 30s through the 60s so successful was quality writing with timeless music and gags that are as funny and enjoyable today as they were long ago.

I'm probably a little too old-school, but I grew up on the old skits. The animated sitcom idea just doesn't go over so well with me and it appears that several other people didn't really care for it, either. The reviews all seem to be a mixed bag here. Many people like it, while only a few do not.

Some other reviewers used this example and I'm going to use it as well - the Grilled Cheese sketch with Elmer Fudd. When I think of Elmer Fudd, I see someone in hunting gear with a gun going out to hunt for rabbits or in the case of the Bugs and Daffy shorts, hunting for rabbits and ducks. Seeing him working a day job, then coming home and dressing up in a fancy tux to sing a romantic song about grilled cheese sandwiches was not only very out of character and off for Elmer, but very disturbing. I doubt very many children or even adults understood the point of the sketch. I sure didn't.

Bugs and Daffy are also off. I feel like I'm watching an animated version of Perfect Strangers every time I've tried to watch this show. I envision Bugs as being Larry and Daffy as being Balki. The real Larry and Balki (Mark Linn Baker and Bronson Pinchot) are way funnier than the animated Larry and Balki wannabees, and if I want to watch Perfect Strangers, I'll go grab my seasons 1 and 2 DVD set and watch that.

I think Mel Blanc would probably be rolling over in his grave if he saw this show. It's nothing like the Looney Tunes we grew up with and with Looney Tunes being the classic that it is, you don't mess with a classic. It's simply not done. I honestly don't know what the writers and producers were thinking here.

I'm not sure how the ratings have been for this show since I gave up on it after a few episodes, but I was sadly disappointed with The Looney Tunes Show.

Cartoon Network, like Nickelodeon, used to hold higher standards when it came to what shows they would put on the air and what shows they would not. But it's fallen by the wayside, sadly to say.

Then again, what good cartoons are even on TV anymore? I haven't seen any in several years now.

I realize not everyone will agree with this review, but it's really one of those 'to each their own' kind of shows. There are a lot of people who do like this show, but for some like myself, it just isn't my cup of tea.

• I'm Back! And so is Looney Tunes!

So, along with me coming back for more reviews, I'm gonna be reviewing EVERYTHING ( Show Episode) I see. Yep, and nothings gonna stop me. But anyway, here's my review.

So what we have here, is a modern remake of Looney Tunes. Well, let's see our positives and Negatives:

Positives

-All characters return with very few new characters.

- Great Voice acting, and ALMOST every character's voice fits them fine.

- The Wil.E Coyote shorts are HILARIOUS.

- Same with the Merrie Melodies.

Negatives

- They messed up Lola Bunny too much (It's my opinion, Don't judge me)

- Gossamer sounds like a kid.

- And, Daffy's a little too Jerkish.

Final Score:

8.0/10 Great B-

A great remake of a Classic cartoon.

That's All, Folks!

• One of the worst remakes ever by the networks of today. Seriously, what were they thinking? I know no new show will ever be as good as the classic one, but for crying out loud, at least try!

1.5

Where do I begin on how bad this show really is?

First of all, the new design of the Looney Toons characters seriously sucks. They look like they got run over by a steamroller and then pressed with a waffle iron.

Secondly, the changes they made to the characters' personality is just completely ridiculous.

I mean, Gossomer a kid,? the witch a ghetto? Granny a former spy? Taz is Bugs' pet?

What, were the writers on drugs when they came up with this garbage?

Not to mention the fact it showed Daffy dating human women. What in the world? As if there wasn't enough controversy surrounding this show.

But by far the worst modification is what they did to Lola.

Good grief, what have you done to her, you sick producers?

Now, I do understand the original Lola wasn't the best of ideas concerning Looney Toons. Ok, fair enough. But to just swing the pendulum from one side to other without so much as an explanation...UNACCEPTABLE!

Shame on you, Warner Brothers! How dare you turn her into another Amy Rose fangirl?

You want to make Lola more compatibile with the other characters, fine, but don't be so disrespectful about it to those who are fans of her.

This is by far a complete slap in the face to what made the classic Looney Toons cartoons from decades ago an enjoyable experience to watch.

How this show ever got the green light is beyond me.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hardly any network nowadays cares about quality entertainment. They just splice something together and rake in the dough.

As Daffy would say from the classic episodes, "You're despicable!"

• Poorly done, cliche, "sitcom"-style garbage that does not embody the true essence and comedy of the original Looney Tunes... Which to be honest, is expected of the series upon first glance.

My point: It's the fact that the people who worked on this cartoon don't even try to make it like the original-- Funny with oodles of slapstick comedy, clever writing, great characters, and fantastic artwork. Instead, the cartoon in question is a poorly drawn and written "hip", psuedo sitcom that isn't impressing or amusing anyone... Well, anyone who is a fan of the brilliant original Looney Tunes... Or anyone remotely intelligent. No offense if you like it. Just being honest.

Anyway, in conclusion, they don't stay true to the original characters, the artwork looks truly horrific, and most importantly: WHERE'S THE FUNNY? Because I sure can't find it. Ugh. I'm sure Jones, McKimson, Clampett, Avery, Freleng, and anyone who worked on the original Looney Tunes is either rolling in their grave (Rest in Peace) or they're very much alive, smacking their foreheads in disgust-- considering the misfortune of witnessing this tripe and also having their masterpiece crumble before their very eyes.

• Amazing

I love this show, they take the original characters (and their quirky personalities) and put them in a modernized setting. It's great for the whole family: the kids because the characters are in situations they can relate to, the adults because they know the characters from their childhood. And it has humor that everyone will enjoy: mild cartoon violence for the kiddies, while jokes about everyday life (driving tests, running a pizza place, etc) for the grown ups. I would give it a definite 10 if it weren't for the new CGI animation style of the roadrunner and Wil E. Coyote.

• This is da result if Looney Tunes met Seinfeld or any other funny sitcom.

At first, I thought that this show was gonna stink like most of the 'shows' on Cartoon Network. But I've decided 'What the heck, I'll give it a try'. Now, I love The Looney Tunes Show. It's funny, it's original and the Merrie Melodies are pretty catchy.

The show pretty much revolves around the misadventures of our favorite characters, Bugs and Daffy.Apparently, Bugs is the generic 'Straight Guy' (but still has his looney traits) and Daffy is an even more self-centered but still lovable and has been sponging off the bunny for years. Oh yeah and Porky's an unlucky 'Woobie', Lola is a funny but dumb stalker and the newbie is Tina Russo Duck; Daffy's new tough girlfriend.

It's greatest show on Cartoon Network(mostly because it's one the few good shows it has). I just wish there's more shows like this.

• In my opinion, The Looney Tunes Show is totally awesome. It's comedy is something I can relate to as funny.

The Looney Tunes show focuses on Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as roommates living in the suburbs of Los Angeles. I thought, "This show should be good." So then I started watching it in early September and ever since, I've been watching all the episodes. My favourite character is Bugs because he's like the funny and responsible one. And Daffy Duck is also very funny with him being arrogant about himself. My favourite episode would have to be "Double Date" because it is really funny and it has Lola Bunny in it. In this show, she's a crazed hyper person in love with Bugs, and it is sooo funny. So the Looney Tunes Show is a great show because the characters don't even mention Los Angeles in the show, and I love the references they have in the show. I like some of the Merry Melodies becausesome are cheesy but they're really funny. Watch the song, "Grilled Cheese" from the Looney Tunes Show, it's really funny! 8/10.

• Better than the original Looney Tunes

Better than the original Looney Tunes.The concept of the show revolves aroundBugsandDaffyliving in the suburbs of Los Angeles with "colorful neighbors" includingLola Bunny,Tina Russo Duck,Porky Pig,Foghorn Leghorn,Elmer Fudd,Sylvester,Tweety,Gossamer,Yosemite Sam,Speedy Gonzales,Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner,Marvin the Martian, Pete Puma and more. In the show, Bugs and Daffy are living in the same house. The new Looney Tunes works great in a half an hour format. It has everybody's favorite classic characters.

CHARACTERS

Bugs Bunny(voiced byJeff Bergman): Confident, cool-headed and usually three steps ahead of everybody else, Bugs still has a few surprising quirks, not the least of which is having Daffy Duck as his best friend, owning a Tasmanian Devil, and dating his love intrest and girlfriend named Lola Bunny.
    Daffy Duck(voiced byJeff Bergman):Self-absorbedyetinsecure, Daffy has been living with Bugs for several years. Daffy's extreme personality and outrageous behavior always make life more interesting (and complicated). Despite his flaws, he has managed to make a few lasting friends from his eccentricity, which include sweet Porky, spunky Granny, optimistic Foghorn Leghorn, and his no-nonsense girlfriend Tina.
    Porky Pig(voiced byBob Bergen): Porky's wide-eyed, boyish innocence sometimes makes him an easy target, but he is happy just to be included. While usually a confidant of Daffy's, he sometimes asks Bugs for favors.
    Yosemite Sam(voiced byMaurice LaMarche): Short and short-tempered, Yosemite Sam lives next door to Bugs and Daffy, and also works as a Driver' Ed instructor. He's a liar, a cheat and a sore loser, but he is usually consistent.
    Speedy Gonzales(voiced byFred Armisen, singing voice provided by Mike Smith): Quick and quick-witted, Speedy owns the local pizza place, Pizzarriba, one of the most popular hangouts in town. He lives in a mouse hole in Bugs and Daffy's house.
    Tweety(voiced byJeff Bergman): While Tweety appears to be an innocent, vulnerable canary, underneath his delicate, yellow exterior beats a crafty heart.
    Lola Bunny(voiced byKristen Wiig): Bugs' bubbly, kooky romantic interest and girlfriend, Lola talks a mile a minute, whether anybody else is listening or not.
    Tina Russo Duck(voiced byJennifer Esposito): Daffy's tough, street-smart girlfriend. Tina works at Copy Place and is attracted to Daffy because she "loves a project."
    Tasmanian "Taz" Devil(voiced byJim Cummings): While he's capable of becoming an unstoppable, whirling tornado of destruction, the Tasmanian Devil is usually content just being Bugs Bunny's pet dog.
    Elmer Fudd(voiced byBilly West): Elmer is the resident TV newsman. His dry, sluggish delivery can make even bad news seem not-so-bad.
    Foghorn Leghorn(voiced byJeff Bergman, singing voice provided by Damon Jones): Having worked his way up to be a rich entrepreneur and adventurer, Foghorn refuses to see the negative in any situation, no matter how obvious it might be.

I think this show is great. I will be tuning every week(possibly reviewing the new episodes).:)

• A very hit-and-miss show, but still a decent revival of the Looney Tunes.

What can I say? I like it. I really do. I know it's no where near the caliber of the original classics, but it's still an enjoyable show compared with everything else on Cartoon Network now. They even brought back the originals to air thanks to this show. So some gooddidcome out of it after all.I think I can name some good reasons why this show works. Here we go:

#1.)The show's creators.

I've done a little research and figured out that this show has been made by two animators named Spike Brandit and Tony Cervone. These two are animators with a history at Warner Bros, working there since the 1990's according to their IMDB pages. Their credits include directing a fewAnimaniacs!episodes and creatingTom and Jerry Taleswith the help of Joe Barbera. Now they're in charge of everything T & J related. They were also involved in another Looney Tunes show that's been well received by a lot of Tune-heads like me: a little dity calledDuck Dodgers.

So yeah... these guys have experience with these characters.And that's a good thing. At least WB had the decency to give the show to people who know and care about these characters vs giving them to someone like Seth MacFarlane (thank God he doesn't handle the show!) It shows that the company still does care about the Looney Tunes.

#2.) The animation

I know that it's still kinda TV-ish quality, but again, it's still much better than anything else on CN. The show is traditionally animated and colored with computers. I think that's how it's handled, but I'm just guessing here.

Above is a still from one of the latest episodes. Looking at it alone says (to me, at least)that the quality is still pretty high for a TV cartoon, so give it some slack here. The backgrounds are amazing (I really love the paint-splatter technique for the skies in this show. It's just wonderful to look at.) I'm pretty sure this show has a high budget so it allows for better animation.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention the designs by Ms. Jessica Borutski. I defended her a lot in my last post, so I'll cut to the chase here. They do look nice and have a refreshing new look our friends. I still can't figure out why Bugs is purple, though...

#3) The Looney Tunes are still more or less the same as they were in the Golden Era.

That is to say without a few adjustments, But very little has changed about they're personalities: Bugs is still a wise-cracking smart-ass, Porky is still a very mild mannered nice guy, Yosemite Sam is still brash and loud, and the gophers are, well, themselves.

Few have changed kind of drastically since the classics. One is Daffy.

A few people have described him as a buffoon, even calling him the new Peter Griffin (...that hurt just to say that.) Well, I think Daffy here is more or less based off of his character in theDuck Dodgersshow. Here, he's still narcissistic, zealous, obnoxious, slobbish, and oblivious to everyone else's needs or desires from him. He's also completely in over his head, believing that he's the center of the universe, even though he isn't and sort of has a very high opinion of himself.The persona says Jones-ish, yet the look says Clampett. It's a nice fresh take.

But that's nowhere near the one character that needed an upgrade and benefited from it: Lola fromSpace Jam.

If you've seenSpace Jam, then you'll know Lola. In the movie, she was basically a paper cit-out of a female athlete. Harsh but true. She wasn't funny or fun in the movie and I think she hasn't been seen since then. (except for the baby revival show)Spike and Tony took her in and actually made her a fun character, even if she can be kind of annoying. Here, she's the very ditsy, clingy, obsessive semi-girlfriend of Bugs. I say semi because Bugs doesn't feel the same way about Lola, calling her crazy on a few occasions.Then again, can you blame him?

#4.) The main stories are still kind of fun

The stories are sort of a hit-and-miss to be honest. But there's more good ones than mediocre, so it's not so bad.

My favorites, so far are:

The Jailbird and Jailbunny:Daffy gets arrested for littering the Grand Canyon and drags Bugs along for disrupting the court. It's kind of funny after the two break out. Bugs wants to go back because he can make fun of the other prisoners and get away with it, calling it a smart-alec's paradise (makes sense).

Casa de Calma: Bugs and Daffy go to a spa. Disaster meets Daffy after trying to impress a starlet. This is so far the most like the original classics out of all the ones that aired.

Devil Dog: The Tasmanian devil escapes from the zoo and makes it to Bugs' house. Taz is really intimidating at the beginning. He acts more like the real animal he's based on and even has red eyes! He's never been more scary. Bugs eventually tames him thanks to Speedy's advice (I'll admit, that killed the mood for a while) and the two become friends.

The Foghorn Leghorn Story: Daffy is offered a lead in Foghorn's new biopic. There's a great fight scene in the end.

Eligible Bachelors: Bugs and Daffy get auctioned at a bachelor auction. Lola gets Bugs on a date in Paris and Daffy gets the day with Granny. (She only wanted him to help out with chores. She's 90. Get your mind out of the gutter!) Granny then engages Daffy and the audience in a very gritty WWII story where she saves the artwork at the Louvre. It's actually really cool.

So those are my thoughts onThe Looney Tunes Show. It's an ok show. It's fun, neat-looking, and worth the thirty minutes.

I know I've listed some good qualities about the show, but it's not perfect. For example, I don't care for the CGI Coyote-Roadrunner shorts, which by the way, why didn't just animate them like the rest of the show? It'd look a lot better to me. And why are they only two minutes? That's about the length of onejokein some of the originals.

But you should check it out. And I'll say it now so it doesn't look like I'm defending the show to death: nothing beats the classics. They brought them back thanks to this show on CN and there's also the DVD's.

Well, th-th-th-th-that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed!

• Not what I expected but much better :)

Although most of the personalities have been changed (along a different setting), its really impressive to place the Looney tunes in the 21'st century. The stories are interesting and its definitively a way to pass a boring afternoon. If they made Ren and Stimpy in the same format like this, then I would be so thrilled :). Bottom Line, it may have some goof y pointless moments, but it's one of the best shows I've seen in the 2010's, easily, and I would recommend it to anyone.
  • Why would you mess with a classic?

In my opinion, the show is a bad representation of Looney Toons. Not only did the character designs change, the show is nothing like the old show. Looney Toons was set in an unclear time and geared toward kids, but had a ton of jokes that adults would get as well. Unlike "The Looney Toons Show" which portrayed characters only likeable for fans of the recent wave of cartoons. Adventure Time, Flap Jack, MAD, Chowder, the list goes on. The show is too obviously based in California and quite frankly isn't funny. Looney Toons were "looney". They were wacky and unpredictable, at least for quite some time. Bugs Bunny in this new rendition is calm, arrogant, and boring. The old Bugs Bunny was a random, smart-ass, trouble maker. Daffy duck remained the closest to his old self, but he still was too different. Daffy was never a moron, he was simply and angry duck with an obsession with being correct and arguing. His appeal was his randomness and wackiness all while still being second best to Bugs, making him slightly volatile which made him very funny to watch. While the show is fairly entertaining, it's nothing compared to it's predecessor. And those of us who watched the old cartoons, usually see how these new age politically correct cartoons, are not as funny or entertaining. Also, where are the other characters stories? The new show is as if all of the Looney Toons "grew up" or something. We no longer have different sketches of the adventures of Bugs and his enemies, or the adventures of Speedy Gonzales. We simply have episode depicting what lives Bugs and Daffy have when they live in a suburban house in California. The way you know it's California based is how politically correct they try to be. They also never really expand. Another problem is the world of The Looney Toons show seems to specifically revolve around Bugs and Daffy, rarely branching out to it's other characters, unless it's a side story but those only last for a few minutes. The show isn't Looney toons and I know that, but a better show would be simply creating new episodes of Looney Toons. keeping the wacky nature of the characters, the somewhat mature undertones, and the classic jokes. As it's own show I give it a 5. It's entertaining but it's not really very good, and as a Looney Toons remake, I give it a 2.5 so I rounded it to a 4
< 1 2 3 4 5