The Looney Tunes Show

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

shengongwu3000

The Looney Tunes Show Fan Reviews (122)

• Very Funny

Some episodes or jokes in this are really, really, bad. But when this show is at its best it's pretty funny.
  • A Pretty Good Show

This show was pretty good, and I would have liked to see a season 3 of The Looney Tunes Show. I know some people didn't like it because it wasn't the original, but I still thought it was pretty good. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I liked it better then The Looney Tunes in some ways, The Looney Tunes was just random humor, but The Looney Tunes Show this was more interesting, and it was well written.
  • Bringing Back the Classics

Finally Cartoon Network brings back the old times with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. It's one of the only reasons I watch Cartoon Network with the Terrible World of Gumball.
  • Great modern twist on the old Classics

People all seem to be biased against this because it is not like the old Looney tunes. Hello, it is not meant to be like the old classics, this is bringing all the classic characters and bringing them into the 21st century. You must admit, their people who made this show all got all the characters personalities and designs right.
  • GIVE IT A CHANCE SO FUNNY. LMAO

First of all being used to watching the original Looney Tunes back in the 70's on, we loved the old cartoons. When we watched the first few new ones we weren't sure what to think. The modernizing of "the times" & the comments change the dynamics but reserve the animation. Now the Characters have cell phones and state of the art technologies. The voices are amazingly accurate to the original Mel Blanc voices. At first we didn't like the new Daffy character but now find him hysterical. The witty snide selfish comments are so funny. The reviewers who dislike the new series should let go of the old originals and chalk it up as a bygone Era. Once you watch a few of these and get aquainted with Daffy's new girlfriend, Lola, Gossamer & the other revitalized characters you will be rolling. If you like South Park you'll love the new Looneys.

A must see is:

-Daffys Handbag/Purse

-Bugs meets Lola. You'll recognize the voice of Lola's Father.

-Best Friends & many more. Haven't found one we didn't like.
  • Why you guys dismiss this show so much?

Yeah, I noticed the personalities of the characters were changed. Maybe way too much.

But that doesn't mean this should be labeled "garbage". I found this way more entertaining than everything else airing in Cartoon Network nowadays. Season 1 was only watchable, boring at times, but Season 2 was such a great evolution in episode scripts and characters' lines. It delivered a lot of funny moments!

It's a shame the people at CN didn't give this show a couple more seasons, it was definitely going in the right direction. This is one of the reasons I dropped kids' television. I can't stand the nonsense of current animations like Adventure Time.
  • Better than the original Looney Tunes

Better than the original Looney Tunes.The concept of the show revolves aroundBugsandDaffyliving in the suburbs of Los Angeles with "colorful neighbors" includingLola Bunny,Tina Russo Duck,Porky Pig,Foghorn Leghorn,Elmer Fudd,Sylvester,Tweety,Gossamer,Yosemite Sam,Speedy Gonzales,Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner,Marvin the Martian, Pete Puma and more. In the show, Bugs and Daffy are living in the same house. The new Looney Tunes works great in a half an hour format. It has everybody's favorite classic characters.

CHARACTERS

Bugs Bunny(voiced byJeff Bergman): Confident, cool-headed and usually three steps ahead of everybody else, Bugs still has a few surprising quirks, not the least of which is having Daffy Duck as his best friend, owning a Tasmanian Devil, and dating his love intrest and girlfriend named Lola Bunny.
    Daffy Duck(voiced byJeff Bergman):Self-absorbedyetinsecure, Daffy has been living with Bugs for several years. Daffy's extreme personality and outrageous behavior always make life more interesting (and complicated). Despite his flaws, he has managed to make a few lasting friends from his eccentricity, which include sweet Porky, spunky Granny, optimistic Foghorn Leghorn, and his no-nonsense girlfriend Tina.
    Porky Pig(voiced byBob Bergen): Porky's wide-eyed, boyish innocence sometimes makes him an easy target, but he is happy just to be included. While usually a confidant of Daffy's, he sometimes asks Bugs for favors.
    Yosemite Sam(voiced byMaurice LaMarche): Short and short-tempered, Yosemite Sam lives next door to Bugs and Daffy, and also works as a Driver' Ed instructor. He's a liar, a cheat and a sore loser, but he is usually consistent.
    Speedy Gonzales(voiced byFred Armisen, singing voice provided by Mike Smith): Quick and quick-witted, Speedy owns the local pizza place, Pizzarriba, one of the most popular hangouts in town. He lives in a mouse hole in Bugs and Daffy's house.
    Tweety(voiced byJeff Bergman): While Tweety appears to be an innocent, vulnerable canary, underneath his delicate, yellow exterior beats a crafty heart.
    Lola Bunny(voiced byKristen Wiig): Bugs' bubbly, kooky romantic interest and girlfriend, Lola talks a mile a minute, whether anybody else is listening or not.
    Tina Russo Duck(voiced byJennifer Esposito): Daffy's tough, street-smart girlfriend. Tina works at Copy Place and is attracted to Daffy because she "loves a project."
    Tasmanian "Taz" Devil(voiced byJim Cummings): While he's capable of becoming an unstoppable, whirling tornado of destruction, the Tasmanian Devil is usually content just being Bugs Bunny's pet dog.
    Elmer Fudd(voiced byBilly West): Elmer is the resident TV newsman. His dry, sluggish delivery can make even bad news seem not-so-bad.
    Foghorn Leghorn(voiced byJeff Bergman, singing voice provided by Damon Jones): Having worked his way up to be a rich entrepreneur and adventurer, Foghorn refuses to see the negative in any situation, no matter how obvious it might be.

I think this show is great. I will be tuning every week(possibly reviewing the new episodes).:)

• A Disgrace to the Original.

Ignore the idiots that thinks this shows deserves a 10. They must either have brain cancer or they're true pedophiles.
  • Underrated

I actually enjoy this show. Sure, it isn't the best thing in the world, but hey! It's still a good show, if you ignore it isn't slapstick! Big deal if it isn't! It's still Looney Tunes, with good plotted-stories.
  • Not your grandfather's Looney Tunes.... and that's not such a bad thing.

This show is one of the one's that convinced me that sometimes, viewers have nostalgia goggles on that make it impossible for them to have an honest opinion about whether a show is good or bad, quality-wise, rather than if they measure up to the original incarnations that have been immortalized in their heads. The original shorts came out decades ago and influenced the animation industry forever, but as with everything else, they were a product of their times and, while I truly believe can be enjoyed at any time, to try and emulate them would be futile. Instead, what they have tried to do was to bring these characters into a modern sitcom-style setting while staying true to their personalities and in what makes them identifiable. Sometimes they even improved on a few of them such as fleshing out Lola's character from a furry sex-symbol into a full-on lunatic with stalker issues and persisitent optimism that comes from living in a world that only exists in her warped mind and has now become one of my favorites in the entire ensemble. It's fun to see how they have updated these characters and I, for one, am always excited to see what the Looney Tunes would do if they existed and had to survive in the normal, everyday world.

Sure, there are some missteps, such as making the Tazmanian devil their dog and making witch Hazel the stereotypical black woman but the reason these characters don't work is because they changed up these characters aforementioned personalities and they were honestly fine the way they were but this seems to be exceptions rather than the norm. The slapstick humor is still there but it strikes a fine balance between putting the Looney Tunes in funny, everyday situations and deriving slapstick from those situations, instead of balls-to-the-walls insanity, which only seemed like it in the original shorts because of their 7 minute formats. In fact, go back and watch some of the shorts, most of the humor was derived from what the characters say and the way they clash with each other, rather than from the physical pain that happen intersparsely to them, and it is this sense that I recognize the Looney Tunes. Most of the characters in the show are immediately recognizable as the same characters from those shorts while still being it's own thing and extremely funny in it's own rightand that is far more difficult to do than people give it credit for. Loonatics Unleashed has a higher rating than this show, which is the biggest travesty here because it tried to be a funny action superhero cartoon, on which it failed on all-fronts, while this show stays true to the spirit of the Looney Tunes and gets decimated for it. It's a sitcom with the Looney Tunes and if you like sitcoms and the Looney Tunes characters, this show is hugely enjoyable, if approached with the right mindset. The animation is enjoyable, and contrary to what people say, this is the Looney Tunes you know and love, just in a different setting that has them adjust to this format in order to be identifiable. Ah well, haters gonna hate I suppose, but cartoons today don't even have the same slapstick as there were in the 90s when I was growing up, and to see something that succeeds in the modern-setting without resorting to adult humor is one I will always appreciate. It's not perfect by any means but if this is the only Looney Tunes I get for my generation, it is comforting to know that the bigwigs at Warner Bros. still know who their created characters are.
  • Give the show a chance you numbnuts...

You people keep saying CHANGE, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE! It's actually a funny show, undeniably flawed, but still pretty funny. If you don't like the show because you don't think the humor is funny, I can respect that. But if you hate it just because it's DIFFERENT, you're being childish..
  • A show that should be kept on for a long period of time!

This show is amazing! I don't think it should be cancelled, I love it!
  • I am not comparing this to the originals, they are in a league of their own. But as a sitcom, a show, and a cartoon, this falls flat on it's wabbit foot. Featuring bad animation, unfunny dialogue, and 1 dimensional characters, I don't enjoy watching this.

This show tries too hard to be a good show. The humor is bland and unoriginal, the characters are too unrealistic, and the animation looks too blocky and stiff. Let me explain.

The humor/writing: I tried hard to find some humor in this show. Really, really hard. But for me, there was not a lot to be found. The Merrie Melodies are just annoying; I only enjoyed the one with Yosemite Sam blowing his stack. Other than that, I can't find much laughs in this show.

The animation: the animation looks like it was rushed and aired as fast as possible. The characters are stiff and blocky, and are not appealing to the eye. And what is with the 3D Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote? What is wrong with 2D? The look is just disturbing.

The characters: The characters are just plain boring and too stereotypical. Bugs whines too much and is lazy, Daffy is a complete idiot, and everyone else just has no personality. Taz is Bugs' dog? Come on, what were they thinking? And what about the situations? Bugs WANTS too stay in jail. Sure, it's somewhat original, but it just gets so annoying! I'm sorry, but this is not what humor is.

I tried to like this, and I see a lot of positive reviews, but that is just my opinion, take it or leave it.

• The Old Magic In A Modern Setting!

I've seen almost every episode of The Looney Tunes Show, and although my initial reaction was to be skeptical, I am completely sold! I am a purist and not usually drawn to remakes and reboots, but this show has done extremely well with creating the perfect balance between paying homage to the originals while bringing new and fresh ideas. For fans of the classic shorts, it's great to see our favorite characters again! I love how they are now placed in a sitcom setting, where they know each other and interact as neighbors and friends (or enemies). So much better than if they had tried to just recapture of the magic of the past, because they would have surely failed dismally. Would definitely compare it to how successfully Tiny Toons was done, only this plays even more into underlining adult humor that Looney Tunes is known for.

Overall I find the show hilarious and worth watching repeatedly! Great job to everyone involved - looking forward to many more episodes to come!
  • Not what I expected but much better :)

Although most of the personalities have been changed (along a different setting), its really impressive to place the Looney tunes in the 21'st century. The stories are interesting and its definitively a way to pass a boring afternoon. If they made Ren and Stimpy in the same format like this, then I would be so thrilled :). Bottom Line, it may have some goof y pointless moments, but it's one of the best shows I've seen in the 2010's, easily, and I would recommend it to anyone.
  • It's not as horrible as some reviewers say, but it's not as great either.

5.5

I LOVE the Looney Tunes. When I was younger, I watched the antics of Bugs Bunny and co. and I grew to love the classic cartoons. While good and bad spin-offs have came and left, I always still preferred the older shorts. Sadly, the Looney Tunes Show still isn't the spin-off I can compare to the "Golden Oldies" favourably.

The Looney Tunes Show is a reboot of the classic Looney Tunes characters. Instead of the three-shorts format, the show now takes a one-plot episode format, with a musical number and a Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner short to break up the action. But for some reason, the latter shorts are in CGI. To be honest, the stylistic change is quite jarring, considering the rest of the show is in 2D animation, but that isn't the worst of the show's problems.

First off, the changes in characterization and setting. The characters now live in a surburban setting, and Bugs and Daffy are roommates who have adventures together. The setting change didn't bug me, but when it came to the characterization changes and the humour... hoo boy. Bugs is still the clever rabbit I grew up with, but for some reason, I think he's gotten a bit more smug. Daffy is now a moron. ...OK, so he was kinda dumb in the original shorts, but it was the funny kind of dumb. Now he just irks me.

Other characters have also been changed. Taz is now Bugs's pet (what?!), the Witch now has the voice of a black woman, and there are not many core antagonists, as the dynamics have been messed with dramatically. However, I do give the writers credit for giving Lola more personality than she had in Space Jam. Lola's a decent character, albeit somewhat-annoying, but at least she has more background than just an "athelete".

The art style was what impressed me the most - it's nice to look at, and the characters designs stay similar to the originals. However, the animation is only TV-quality (compared to the classic cartoons, which were higher quality). Also, I think it was just an issue with my TV, but... was it me, or did Bugs's fur look kinda pinkish in colour?

The humour is what annoyed me the most about the show. I grew up with the physical slapstick of the original cartoons. Now it's a dialogue-based sitcom, something that doesn't really work with the Looney Tunes. While I was watching the episodes, I was actually *waiting* for the slapstick to start. That's how unfitting the humour is.

In a nutshell, I'm just dissapointed in this revival. I'd still rather watch the older cartoons anyday. However, the Looney Tunes Show has gotten a mixed reaction, as the reviews below me have shown. Personally, I'm just underwhelmed.

• One of Cartoon Network's best shows

This does not deserved to be cancelled. The animation is well done, the characters and props are perfectly drawn and the whole show is just great!
  • ya bro

ya see that ya this show get's a 10/10 i like the new cartoon network and you guys should too ya forget looney toons this show is the best always will be ya
  • This whole entire Rating is now a lie.... Now the Looney Tunes Show REALLY sucks.

I know there's some butthurt TLTS fan making multiple accounts as possible to make this show look any better. Try harder all you want, because neither this, or the rating on IMdb is not gonna make the show any better.

This is more like ***ation! Seriously, this show blows! It is worst show I ever seen and the air time is ridiculous and insane. It even more air time than any other show I ever seen. Seriously, I understand if you a toddler, wait no I don't because, I have two five year old twins who think this show is bullcrap and idiotic. I even know 10-years olds who wish to beat up the self-centered titans up. It is not funny, the episodes are so dull and pointless. It the people making the show are on drugs or something because unless you have mental problems, you would enjoy this show.

Im happy they Cancelled this crap!

This show is the most dirty, stuck up. sadistic, lamest, uncoolest, buttface , uglyest, bullcrap, ***ed, nasty, brainless, barfing, child touching, disguesting, perverted, spineless, heartless, mindless, do-do, testicle-choking, gay, memory runiner, prickist , doochest , toilet kissing, self-centered, feces puking, ***gest, snot-spitting, crap gathering, big nosed, cocksucking , bastarized, fart knocking. sack busting, mucus spewing, idiotic, douchebagest show of all time.

I wish I can give it a 0. And to the people that like it, that fine but this show is child touching memories for original fans and even if you not, this show so bad in so many doochy up ways.
  • Not the worst show on CN, but there's more bad than good

I'll be honest. I've never been too big a fan of the Looney Tunes. But even so, I decided it wouldn't hurt to give this show a chance. Now...I can safely tell you that you aren't missing too much.

Quite honestly, the only thing I found funny about the show is Daffy. Sure, he's an idiot, but he thinks he's a genius. The only episode I've found enjoyable is the episode with Daffy and Gossamar ("ONE OF THESE!"), because not only was Daffy funny, but I actually liked Gossamar's little kid voice (he's voiced by the little boy who voices Darwin on "Gumball").

As for everything and everyone else...well, they suck. Bugs is kind of a jerk, Sam is even more annoying than usual, Taz became a "dog" named "Poochie," and Porky just became...sad.

But, hands-down, the character this show's creators have mangled the most is Lola Bunny. They turned a strong, independent woman into a bipolar stalker. Is her behavior supposed to be funny? I'm sorry, but she doesn't belong with Bugs in this show; she belongs in an asylum.

And don't even get me started on those stupid music videos and Coyote/Roadrunner shorts. We don't need to see these (and the show's commercials, for that matter) 100 times a day. One word: UGH.

My final opinion: don't bother with this show. It doesn't do any of these characters justice.

• Larry and Balki are back - in cartoon form. It's the return of an animated Perfect Strangers.

I really tried to give The Looney Tunes Show a chance, but it tries too hard and fails at being a decent show.

What made the old Looney Tunes shorts from the 30s through the 60s so successful was quality writing with timeless music and gags that are as funny and enjoyable today as they were long ago.

I'm probably a little too old-school, but I grew up on the old skits. The animated sitcom idea just doesn't go over so well with me and it appears that several other people didn't really care for it, either. The reviews all seem to be a mixed bag here. Many people like it, while only a few do not.

Some other reviewers used this example and I'm going to use it as well - the Grilled Cheese sketch with Elmer Fudd. When I think of Elmer Fudd, I see someone in hunting gear with a gun going out to hunt for rabbits or in the case of the Bugs and Daffy shorts, hunting for rabbits and ducks. Seeing him working a day job, then coming home and dressing up in a fancy tux to sing a romantic song about grilled cheese sandwiches was not only very out of character and off for Elmer, but very disturbing. I doubt very many children or even adults understood the point of the sketch. I sure didn't.

Bugs and Daffy are also off. I feel like I'm watching an animated version of Perfect Strangers every time I've tried to watch this show. I envision Bugs as being Larry and Daffy as being Balki. The real Larry and Balki (Mark Linn Baker and Bronson Pinchot) are way funnier than the animated Larry and Balki wannabees, and if I want to watch Perfect Strangers, I'll go grab my seasons 1 and 2 DVD set and watch that.

I think Mel Blanc would probably be rolling over in his grave if he saw this show. It's nothing like the Looney Tunes we grew up with and with Looney Tunes being the classic that it is, you don't mess with a classic. It's simply not done. I honestly don't know what the writers and producers were thinking here.

I'm not sure how the ratings have been for this show since I gave up on it after a few episodes, but I was sadly disappointed with The Looney Tunes Show.

Cartoon Network, like Nickelodeon, used to hold higher standards when it came to what shows they would put on the air and what shows they would not. But it's fallen by the wayside, sadly to say.

Then again, what good cartoons are even on TV anymore? I haven't seen any in several years now.

I realize not everyone will agree with this review, but it's really one of those 'to each their own' kind of shows. There are a lot of people who do like this show, but for some like myself, it just isn't my cup of tea.

• I think it is watchable but it is terrible compared to the originals

5.5
    I`d rather be watching the classic Looney Toons show as that one was actually funny and a classic. Plus, there were a few moments that I actually said to myself, "Wait, I thought this was a KIDS show" , after a violent scene got shown.
  • Step in the right direction Cartoon Network.

if you took all of Cartoon Networks new shows and put them in a list and asked me to pick out my top 3 my list would be this:

1.Adventure Time

2.Regular Show

3.The Looney Tunes Show

This show to me is basically what if we gave a 3-act structure to the old Friz Freleng and chuck jones cartoons and its done REALLY well. The plot of the show is bugs and daffy live together as roomies in a neighborhood with the other characters and hi-jinks ensue. the basic plot alone of bugs and daffy as roomies itself is so good, its one of those plots that can have so many ideas spring from itself and flow as you think it would, like one episode daffy gets a letter for his high school reunion daffy realizes that hes done nothing with his life and goes to bugs for advice bugs tells him he never went but instead done tons of things with his life, like became batman and it happens just as you thing daffy tells a bunch of different lies and eventually it crashes on him like you would expect. now am i saying this series is perfect? no its far from it. Where this series fails is in its character choices, its not that they're just "interesting". For instance Lola is a quirky airhead, Porky is ..... kinda like Gil from The Simpsons, and taz has become the pet of bugs and daffy. Another problem i have with this series is its cast of characters they chose to downplay a lot of the main cast form the old cartoons for more obscure characters like the witch and gossimer are mother and son who appear every now and then or the two groundhogs that pestered Sylvester on occasion are basically in every episode, and daffys girlfriend( paula?) appears pretty frequently. All in all if you liked the old show you'll probably like this show too give it a shot.
  • If you are complaining, you are too old to matter

The key demographic in this series is people under40. If they kept it the same as the original, no one would watch it. I for one didn't want to watch the new series because I thought it would be as lame as the old boring episodes my grandparents watched. But when I saw it, I almost died laughing. Daffy is hilarious. This series is genius. The producers saved the looney tunes from becoming irrelevant. So quit crying old people. You can still watch the reruns of the lame old episodes anytime you want.
  • 6.8 rating, eh? I see mediocre in my eyes... no screw it, it's the WORST SHOW EVER!

This show is god awful. It's just as horrid like Uncle Grandpa. I don't even know how it made it to the second season. The jokes are just unfunny, so unfunny in fact, it hurts to even listen to or here it. The animation and art style is lazy looking and poorly done. The older Looney Tunes had a smoother animation style, and it wasn't lazy. The characters in The Fake Tunes Show, are unlikable, and annoying. Daffy and Lola are stupid and don't have one once of intelligence in them, Witch Hazel as well. Taz isn't the same either. He isn't dark and mpnsterous like the original, he's soft, and acts like a dog. Taz had barely had any feelings in the original, and wouldn't even watch a show like that. Wile Coyote is the least likable of all in this show. He is a genius, and he's annoying. He was never like this in the original, he took Road Runner seriously and was a great villian, Daffy was smart and funny, Lola wasn't as stupid, Pepe Le Pew was funny, and Granny was dark, but smart and was funny. Also the episodes have no storyline behind it. In one episode.. In another, it's about a grilled cheese song. Don't even get me started on that.

Long story short, the animation and art style is lazy, the characters are unlikable, there's no intense storyline and action, the episodes are lazy and unlikable, and the jokes are stupid.
  • offensive to some people

the looney tunes show new episode that i just saw about a minute ago was offensive to me. Albania is very good friends with America and has their smarts,but, someone had to make a episode which was about Albanians trying to kill their own friends, lie about us (Albanians) being dumb and thinking that we are spies,and finally, locking up insentient people for life. I am very offended by these people and think we deserve an apology.
  • It's ok.

OK, so it's obviously not the original Looney Tunes. And that's quite a shame, seeing as those cartoons had some of the best animated characters of all time. But is it terrible? Not entirely. Sure, it's cheap, poorly animated and is those beloved characters in name only, but It's quite entertaining and funny. Nowhere near the greatest cartoon of all time, which would be it's namesake... but not quite on my list of shows I hate so bad I wish I could erase from my mind.
  • The program is good, but they are in the shadows

The original looney tunes are (according to most critics) one of the best animated series of all time. They try to resuscitate it with this cheap stuff but, let's face it, you chose the wrong series to try to revive.
  • I'll cut to the chase to the people who's making false accounts to bump the rating up...

6.5, there, leave it, make us both happy.
  • Good and Bad.

I agree with a few non-haters of this show and yes your right about it still being funny and I love that they go modern, but I also feel that it would be funnier if they tried to keep a few characters personalities in tact, I mean its got its good and bad like any normal show does but I believe that if you give enough time (as in seeing the old personalities of well known characters and putting that in someone of modern time correctly): You will have a well loved show. Bugs is well made except that Bugs shouldn't need Daffy to have wacky adventures or fun like it showed in an episode of LTS and Daffy well we all know Daffy isn't bright but he's not that dumb, He should be able to solve some of his problems by creating problems for others like he used to, But other then Taz and a few other quarks that are normal when trying to make a cartoon as old as time into a modern cartoon. I like it but I don't love it! I think that compared to most garbage on TV it should be made #1 in Cartoon Network (which got bad and fast).

Last thing, I agree with Lola fans, she is my favorite character too, I used to hate her and say "She's so annoying!!" to saying "Hahaha! What a funny twist on a cool calm smartalic like Bugs !!! " I just like that random twist all though I think that if they make her still hate being called doll and send Bugs on a whole adventure to win back a starker it be so funny! (I know double date showed a weird kinda like that situation for Bugs , but still... It focused on Daffy).

Its a good show with normal quarks in new writers, animators, and also with time that has to past by it makes for an okay show in a time jump Looney history.

okay bye. be nice with the writers on this show, I mean come on! you try to bring a loved cartoon from the 1930s back! You can't have the same jokes!! Kids now a days won't like it. I agree with it being good and bad cartoon, I don't love it like the original but I don't hate it(Hey think about it, they could have made Bugs lose his touch and get too old for fun, so yeah) Point is: It could be worse it could be just based on random sexual jokes like AT is.
< 1 2 3 4 5