The Looney Tunes Show

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

shengongwu3000

The Looney Tunes Show Fan Reviews (121)

• Unfunny

Bring back the REAL Looney Tunes, please.
  • THIS SHOW DOES NOT DESERVE A HIGH RATING

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST LOONEY TUNES INCARNATIONS EVER! WORSE THAN SPACE JAM!
  • Terrible

Terrible
  • Enjoyable, but nothing like the original.

Now the Looney Tunes show stars the Looney Tunes in a suburban neighborhood. Bugs and Daffy apparently live together. The first part of this review is easy, the animation is crisp and clean, It has some great tinting and it's not hard to deal with like The Problem Solverz. The CG Road Runner is so so. It has great visuals but I wonder why they couldn't have done it traditionally. I still find the roadrunner shorts enjoyable though.

I have a few issues with it though. The main issue is the shows' sitcom style. The writers decided to make it fell like "Seinfeld" I mean come on, It's animated. Despite this the show is really witty writing. If only they animated i the main meat of the show in a more carrtoony style ,more like the episode "Casa de Calma" or the Marrie Melodies.

The characters of the show are not so good either. Bugs is turned into a rather boring and lifeless compared to how he was in the original Looney Tunes shorts. Bugs appears like he just functions as the authority figure over Daffy, but he does get his moments from time to time. Daffy on the other hand is probably one of the most colorful personalities on the show. He is lazy, grumpy, goofy and mean. However he is the main source of comedic relief. I dislike the changes they did to characters like Yosemite Sam. Sam is this sensitive weirdo compared to the angry shoot-em hunter guy in the original. Taz is a pet where we rarely see his spin action. The show is visually appealing and witty enough to enjoy, but there are many weak points in the shows organization. I'd surely recommend a more energetic slapstick spin-off better than a witty sitcom that can drag on at times.
  • On eof the most STUPEDEST looney Tune cartoons ever.

I'm only 14, so maybe I might be too old for this show, but my little brother is 11! And we both agree something in common. This show blows! Unless I'm looking for a way to put myself to sleep, it would be this show. Honestly I'd watch Clarence than this! At first the show was pretty funny. Me and my bro had some good laughs. Then in like season 3 or something things got worse. Basically nothing makes sense anymore, characters(especially Witch Hazel and Taz) got even dumber or more insane(Lola) and most shows seemed to get boring over the time. The show don't have to be serious but it needs to be funnier. Only people with a brain of a hyena will still find this funny... -_-
  • Actually, a Slap in the face to the Looney Tunes fans

Stop ruining good cartoons, stupid crew members.
  • The Looney Tunes are back, and better than ever!

If you have seen my 200th review you know that in my opinion the Looney Tunes is the best show on TV. So when I heard of a reboot of the series, I was ecstatic. The show this time is not really shorts like before, but each one follows Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck. The two live as roommates, and have adventures together like going to a game show, or going on a cruise, and even at a country club. Also in between each episode is a musical number done by other members of the Looney Tunes like Elmer Fudd, and Marvin the Martian. They are pretty good, but they are a little bit too cheesy for my tastes. There is also a Roadrunner, and Wile E. Coyote cartoon at the end of an episode, but for some reason it's in CGI. I will admit the CGI looks good, but I wonder why they couldn't keep it in regular 2D like the actual plots with Bugs and Daffy. The plots themselves are good, but are rehashed, but the humor is what keeps it entertaining. The humor sticks true to the Looney Tunes format utilizing gags, and jokes that are hilarious. The characters still stick to their roots as well. Bugs is still clever, Daffy is still arrogant, and those Elmer still pronounces his R's like W's. I have to admit when Lola Bunny appeared in the series, I was happy to see her back, but I wasn't happy with how they made Lola. Of you recall Space Jam that's when Lola bunny made her appearance. She was tough, independent, and awesome. In this series though she is portrayed as more of an airhead, she's clingy, cries a lot, and is not as strong as before. I hope the writers make her like the Space Jam version instead of the one shown here. The artwork is good in this show. Characters look like who they are supposed to be be, the colors are perfect, and the set designs look great. The animation is also good, and flows smoothly in this cartoon. Overall, despite a few issues here and there you will find The Looney Tunes Show to be an amazing show, and is a great reboot to this show. If you haven't seen it yet then check it out ASAP. It's one more step toward CN going back to being who they were, and hopefully this show along with Gumball will can The Problem Solverz.
  • More like "The Fake Tunes Show"

What the heck happened? Bugs used to be wise and likes to trick the hell out of everyone and now he's all bland and sardonic! Taz used to be a wild monster until he's a dog..... please die TLTS.
  • Offensive... flat out.

It is practically unaimous from all the reviews I have read here that, just about everyone who has watched this show feels the same way that I do.

The deconstruction and deffamation of many characters is extremely uncondusive to the memory of the Looney Tunes.

I do understand that modernisation of the characters is neccessary, especially since it's no longer presented in shorts, but into an actual episodic format, but the manner in which it has been undertaken is whats bothering me, and obviously every other fan of the original show.

It's completely clear that the majority of viewers want this show, but feel that it NEEDS a makeover desperately.

And I completely agree with every ounce of my being.

My BIGGEST problem and complaint... DAFFY.

SERIOUSLY?!? Daffy used to be a crazy, bouncing off the wall, sworn rival to bugs... hence his name, meaning silly, wacky and crazy.

But he's been turned into a complete A-HOLE!

He's now a narcissistic, sociopathic... just ugliest type of selfishness one could EVER hope to NOT come across in their beloved cartoons of all places!

Truly... it's offensive it's so bad.

I really believe, if you at the very least changed Daffy, to at least somewhat resemble his former self, or just drop the new jerk persona that he's adapted, it would ease many peoples view on this attempt of a re-boot.

Not completely I am sure, but I know that's a huge part of it.

I have a few nieces and nephews, and one of them in particular is a total sponge... and I tell you what... THAT, (meaning daffy) is one personality that, I DO NOT want her picking up ANY of his nasty traits!

And because of that, I can't let her watch the program, or any of the other kids for that matter... and, that's pretty lame to think about.

I really hope the writers get the message that we're ALL trying to put out to them... we really do want the chance to enjoy this show, and it's not too late to fix.

Just please... don't let us potentially permanant fans down!

And if you have not seen this show yet, and are looking to the reviews to see if it's something you WOULD like to watch, keep an open mind to it being a once beloved cartoon, that's original was produced some 80 years ago... and the re-boot... is just that... A Re-boot, which needs re-booting.
  • Looney Tunes?

While this show is far better than it could have been, this show fails to offer a significant improvement over the original.
  • That's not the real Looney Tunes

Looney Tunes was originally a set of cartoons which the characters were often antagonizing each other.

For example, Elmer Fudd often tried to hunt ducks or rabbits for pure sport, he is a vegetarian.

He wasn't a peacefull news reporter since he was always antagonizing characters in a way or another.

In that show, he had become a out of his character version without pestering other characters.

Yosemite Sam was quite a villain character who was often attempting robbery and several other crimes, nowadays he is a questionable "good guy".

If you watch older cartoons of Bugs Bunny you'll see that he wasn't so mature since he would not exitate in punishing those who had being a jerk for him and he would often go overboard even if a enemy was almost giving up.

He always lived underground and it was pretty common for him dealing with Daffy Duck who at times tried to make Elmer Fudd target Bugs Bunny during the hunting seasons.

Taz is not a pet in his original nature, he often keep finding a new prey whenever he goes and he often attempted to prey characters as such Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and a couple of few others.

He is often known for not being that dumb that sometimes he can even outsmart other characters that even Bugs had concluded that just using tricks would not stop him, specially in a episode which Bugs managed to find a wife for Taz who gone back to Tazmania in a plane.

Marvin is not a good guy, he often attempted to destroy Earth in several ocasions and mostly due the fact Earth was blocking the view of Venus.

He would also attempt to collect life forms from other planets like Bugs Bunny, Taz and other creatures.

Marvin would not hesitate at pulverizing his enemies and would even send killers to do his job, as seem in episodes of Duck Dodgers (TV series).

Nasty Canasta is often a dirty criminal inspired in the old wild west movies who often don't exitated to use his gun in the first opportunity or crushing his enemies with brute force.

In resume, all characters of "The Looney Tunes Show" are mere out of character versions from what they had once conceived.

That's mostly the kid's friendly rule which is always messing with the creativity of the those who works with animated works.

Frankly, it's not because that a cartoon character is aggressive with others that children will act the same way.

That's a lame excuse censoring television works when the parents never teach their children that they should never repeat what they saw in fiction in real life.

After all, it's not the parents failure if they don't teach their kids that they don't should put a cape and try go flying by jumping a window?

Nowadays, even Tom&Jerry are censored for being not appropriate for children.

But, what's the point of censoring a cartoon just because a cat is antagonizing a mouse?

It's the cat own nature to prey mice and even play with their corpses and all due their own instincts.

Really, the censure on cartoons nowadays is rather hypocrite...

Specially considering that cartoons nowadays are usually forbidden to have "death" or "die" being said.

Pretending that death doesn't exist is a very stupid idea and specially considering that is better for the children accepting that death exists than living a illusion that nobody dies.

• A slightly less good spin-off of those classic Looney Tunes shorts.

I will be completely honest, I do not quite like this as much as the original classic Looney Tunes shorts. It focuses too much on Lola Bunny. She isn't terrible, but I don't really like her. Nowadays, Bugs Bunny lives in a house. A house? What happened to the happy hole? Daffy is his "housemate" and Porky Pig is their good friend. Every other classic character is usually just filler. Except for probably Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote. Where they star in their own CGI shorts. The Merrie Melodies are now less than just cartoons, they're songs. Bugs and Daffy have gotten less funny and more boring. This show is actually really good, but not as good as the classic Looney Tunes shorts that we know and love. I am going to give it an 8, for Great, but not perfect.
  • Funny, but a disgrace to the original Looney Tunes.

This is actually pretty funny. It did a pretty good job of making the improvements it needed at the beginning. However, it is not faithful to Looney Tunes. AT ALL. If they didn't use the Looney Tunes characters, it would be pretty original. Classic still beats this, but it is still pretty good. I wonder what happened to it though... It kind of.. disappeared.
  • These Aren't The Real Looney Tunes Many Of Us Have Known And Loved.

When I first came across news of the latest, up-and-coming t.v. series in the Looney Tunes franchise in a thread on a cartoon forum, I wasn't really too excited nor exactly in a rush to see it right away. Because of the change in the character designs, which I wasn't expecting, until seeing a promo pic with Bugs and Daffy. Why somebody deciding the characters needed redesigns (other than the fact that, from what I read, is supposed to be that more-appealing-to-today's-kids-mess), I have no idea, except for a been there, done that mentality and wanting to try something different, but I don't really care for their new looks much. Simply for the fact that I've seen them as there were for so long that that's just what I prefer and believe should've continued to be stuck. Past series featured the Looney Tunes cast as they appeared in the classic era shorts and they were just fine the way they originally were. Why mess with things that were great from the beginning? If they were never broken, then why try to fix them?

I only seen one episode, which I think is the one in which Bugs and Daffy enter a game show as contestants. It might be the same episode that also contains that grilled cheese sandwiches video with Elmer Fudd, if I remember correctly and hopefully. But then, I've been reading the negative responses of the reviews on both this site and IMDB that have been given to it and they are convincing enough for me not to find as much value in this Looney Tunes program as I did in previous ones involving them. And from the other info I've read and learned about it, I'm not feeling this retool. There are more changes to the characters than I'd thought there'd be and anticipated. Like Melissa Duck having been both redesigned and renamed, among other things. When I noticed this, that came as a surprise to me (I don't know about anybody else, but then again, why wouldn't she be altered too, if just about everyone else is?) I didn't know for sure if this is supposed to be the same duck or if Daffy got a new girlfriend, but now I know she's the same duck, which confirmed it. What's up with all of this? I concur, it is too much and doesn't seem nor feel the same anymore. As for the CGI Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner segments, I haven't gotten to seeing them, but I think they might be okay and probably for now at least anyway, I don't think I'd mind those as much. The CGI version of them may be the same case: Their initial designs being a been there, done that, kind of thing. Maybe the animation in those truly is bad, but once again, I haven't seen them and as much as I love great animation, I'm still not enough of an expert to tell the difference between good and bad CGI.

The new, suburban surroundings and sitcom setting don't work well for most, if not all, of the characters. Like someone else pointed out, there's the lack of the long-familiar slapstick humor, gags, etc., that drove the initial featurettes, were their purpose and were at the heart of their humor. A lot of things have changed since the yesteryear of the vintage Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts, such as having to drop the racially insensitive content or material. Not that I'm complaining, just pointing out that I know it wouldn't fly today (yet oddly, somehow, that particular content is allowed in Family Guy, which doesn't make sense to me how nor why that hasn't been banned from that, even if that is among that show's typical comic devices). And the most recent LT venture is exceedingly far from what the cast genuinely are. Someone on another site mentioned he wished a series that's similar to House of Mouse but with Looney Tunes characters was made. Despite being an imitation, knock-off or rip-off, that sounds like that could work as a much better Looney Tunes-related cartoon and I would've much rather give that a try to see that instead.

I see no point or reason to look any more forward to this. For all those who are well recognizant of the LTs from the 1930s, '40s, '50s and '60s, I, too, would have to advise that this is a must-skip LT series. I'm on the bandwagon with those who say those are far more superior. But for those who've never seen a single short from any of those decades, I say to go for it anyway if you'd like. However, if any of y'all reading this decide to check out any of the 1930-'69 shorts afterwards, y'all just might have second thoughts. Not recommended for those who have seen the classic era featurettes, whether from earlier generations or this one. Sorry to all those who loved it, it's just too foreign for some of us. But then, why should all of those who are feeling it get offended? Unless any of y'all created it.
  • This show is totally not cool

This show is a total DISGRACE to the original one!
  • A Great Way to Ruin A Classic

The original Looney Tunes was great. There was always something funny going on at all times. The plots didn't even need to be well though out because the amount of humor presented was off the charts... Well, when this show came out in 2011, I knew it was going to be terrible. You cannot reincarnate a show by changing the whole way it's played... The Looney Tunes Show does not represent the original characters at all. Those of you saying that this show is "Great" or "good" and are giving it anything higher than a 5 obviously never saw the original Looney Tunes that aired throughout the 1930s all the way through to the 1960s. That was the true Looney Tunes Show.

Bugs Bunny is not this "mature, responsible guy". Bugs is an immature, clever rabbit who always outsmarts people. He does not own a house nor does he do anything in a responsible, mature manner. Daffy Duck is not a dumb, annoying duck. He is a duck that is crazy and hates Bugs. Seriously, how can you have the two of them living together?

Porky Pig is not an office worker. He is a pig always trying to do something in everyday life. Yosemite Sam is not a cool-headed guy, he is a hot headed shorty who hates anyone who gets in his way. How can you change Yosemite Sam up that much?

Those are just a few of the comparisons I can make. You can't change the Looney Tunes and make it a Situation Comedy-like cartoon. It does not work. The makers of this show changed up the way the Looney Tunes was. They completely ruined it. Now every kid who watches this show is not going to know the true genius of the original series.

This show is definitely a 3.0 out of 10. Only a 3 because I like how the creators actually make decent plots but the show is terrible, seeing the characters portrayed in a way completely opposite of how they were portrayed in the original show.
  • like the classics at all.

That's all, the show sucks, it's different and nothing like the original at all.
  • What on Earth were they even Thinking?!

I HATED "The Looney Tunes Show" with a vengeance, and laughed while pointing when it finally died. That's the ONLY time it ever made me laugh. Ha! :)

I would consider it more like a show with a stoner type ambiance to its apparent structure with its insubstantial misuse of veteran cartoon characters and driftwood plot development per episode.

Even if they were using a "sitcom style of humor," they should've kept in mind not every sitcom on TV is any good, so why would THIS have been any different if they put such little effort in it? Especially given how the material they used was in many ways BELOW par compared by average sitcom standards.

And no, they didn't need to make adult content references similar to most standard sitcoms to be exactly as qualified, in case any would bring up, but they should NEVER have taken away everything that made these characters who they are: LOONEY TUNES!!

Saying not to take it seriously because it's "intended for kids" is never an excuse for trying so little in case any chime in with that stupid common off-handed remark. That mindset is what enables for more substandard crap like THIS series and others like it to keep being formed by those hacks in charge digging entertainment down into a pit that could take years to realize it obviously shouldn't be that way. That level of belittling thought and expectations already cost us more actively stimulating and profound franchises like "Young Justice," "Spectacular Spiderman," "Megas XLR," "Motorcity," "Sym-Biotic Titan," or "Wolverine and the X-Men!" They ruined the chances for all those superior shows leaving room for horrid ones like "The Looney Tunes Show," "Teen Titans GO!" "Sanjay and Craig," "The Breadwinners," "Rabbids Invasion," and all those grotesque Marvel Animated shows "Ultimate Spiderman," "Hulk and the agents of SMASH," and "Avengers Assemble?!"

Back to THIS trainwreck, the creators focused so much on showing off how modernized they were making these Looney Tune characters they resulted in taking everything that made each of them who they are!

A fundamental mistake any creator worth his salt should never dare make FYI!!

Turning Lola into a bubble headed moron/stalker made her more creepy and frustrating. And that's just annoying, not funny. The other characters didn't fair any different becoming very boring with how they were integrated into the series.

Bugs no longer put idiots in their place using his own set of tricky humor and essentially became the very thing he mocked as a carless homeowner in over his head; Daffy no longer had his old greedy nature coming up with a hair-brained scheme to get rich reduced to being only a public menace with the initiative of a dimwitted dog chasing its tail; Marvin the Martian never referenced anything relevant to Mars nor any questioning about him being a Martian living on Earth doing his trademark dorky anger thing; Taz is suddenly domesticated living as Bugs's pet and doesn't even spin anymore or go wild by the whims of his insatiable appetites; Foghorn Leghorn is a self-destructive mogul lacking both common sense or his own style of smart-ass tricks who would laugh at his own misfortune instead of others like his comic partner Barnyard Dog; Yosemite Sam was more of an obnoxious neighbor than being a gold digging pistol weilding criminal out to get rich or destroy Bugs guided by his wild temper; Sylvester and Tweety didn't get an elaborate role for their feuding; Granny seemed like she had alzeihmers; Witch Hazel really had to be renamed Lezah sounding like a hip black woman? Elmer Fudd is a Weatherman, whom only makes cameo appearances now? And again, it was overkill turning Lola from being reliable to being a moron. Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner, and Porky were the only ones who kept true to who they're supposed to be. The list goes on, but I've made my point

This show should never have been attempted and we're all much better off without it.
  • I gotta take a leak, this show sucks!

When I first heard about this show, I got interested because I'm a huge fan of Looney Tunes, however, I watched it and was sadly dissapointed. This show is just as faithful to Looney Tunes as the 1998 Godzilla movie is to Godzilla. In other words, it's nothing like Looney Tunes. The characters are all wrong. Bugs is a whining jerk, Daffy is a moron, Taz is Bugs' dog, even though he's a tasmanian devil, Witch Hazel is a mad black woman, Gossamer is a seven year old, it's just to much. On top of that, this show is missing what made the original Looney Tunes great, timing, music, and hilarious gags. The jokes on this show makes the current writing for SNL look good. Bottem line, if your going to make a show this bland, that's fine, but don't try to pretend it's something it's not.
  • Underrated

This show appears to be underrated. It's way better then Baby Looney Tunes, Loonatics Unleashed and Wabbit which all suck. If this show was made in the late 1990's and early 2000's everyone would of liked it.
  • A 7.2 out of 10? Really? This show is mediocre.

Why, Cartoon Network? Why tone down our favorite slapstick beat-em-up comedy show into a blatant answer to better 2D sitcoms like Family Guy? The jokes aren't that funny to begin with. The plots aren't too surprising, the art design and animation looks okay, but I just kinda don't like this show. To be fair, it's at least worthwhile if there's nothing better on TV, but if there's something better on that you happen to like, go ahead and change the channel.
  • One of the worst remakes ever by the networks of today. Seriously, what were they thinking? I know no new show will ever be as good as the classic one, but for crying out loud, at least try!

1.5

Where do I begin on how bad this show really is?

First of all, the new design of the Looney Toons characters seriously sucks. They look like they got run over by a steamroller and then pressed with a waffle iron.

Secondly, the changes they made to the characters' personality is just completely ridiculous.

I mean, Gossomer a kid,? the witch a ghetto? Granny a former spy? Taz is Bugs' pet?

What, were the writers on drugs when they came up with this garbage?

Not to mention the fact it showed Daffy dating human women. What in the world? As if there wasn't enough controversy surrounding this show.

But by far the worst modification is what they did to Lola.

Good grief, what have you done to her, you sick producers?

Now, I do understand the original Lola wasn't the best of ideas concerning Looney Toons. Ok, fair enough. But to just swing the pendulum from one side to other without so much as an explanation...UNACCEPTABLE!

Shame on you, Warner Brothers! How dare you turn her into another Amy Rose fangirl?

You want to make Lola more compatibile with the other characters, fine, but don't be so disrespectful about it to those who are fans of her.

This is by far a complete slap in the face to what made the classic Looney Toons cartoons from decades ago an enjoyable experience to watch.

How this show ever got the green light is beyond me.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Hardly any network nowadays cares about quality entertainment. They just splice something together and rake in the dough.

As Daffy would say from the classic episodes, "You're despicable!"

• Why would you make a show thats nothing like the originals?

Money moochers, they dont give a crap what they make, so they go on ahead and ruin the Looney Tunes just like how they did it with Teen Titans Go.
  • Is Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Bob Mckimson or the rest of the crew rolling in their graves yet?

This series is another (failed) attempt to "update" the classic Looney Tunes characters (Just like that awful cartoon, "Loonatics" that tried to make them some sort of "Power Rangers"/"Teen Titans" clone) but this time, instead of making the characters into "cool" superheroes, those beloved characters are now put on situations and story lines that could be expected from a really bad sitcom.

I understand that it is way too hard to achieve the same level of greatness from the classic Looney Tunes shorts, but that's not an excuse to make a bad cartoon as this one: The animation is bad and ugly (It is obvious that the designs try to combine the classic characteristic from the originals with a modern style of animation, but the result doesn't work and it just seems ugly and poorly made, with hideous designs and a horrible use of colors) the plots are generic and clichd, being not funny at all.

The jokes, rather than being amusing, feel tired and annoying. Even the personalities from the main characters doesn't seem right, being either a bad version of their classical portrayals in many previous cartoon shows and movies (The most notorious chase would be Daffy, which in this show is merely an annoying and unlikeable character) or something completely different and random (Why now Gossamer is a shy kid? Why now Taz acts like he were a dog? And now Yosemite Sam is friendly towards Bugs Bunny and Daffy?)

The only character that was somewhat improved from her original characterization is Lola Bunny (Mostly because in all her previous portrayals, she didn't have any kind of personality at all) in "The Looney Tunes Show"; she became a crazy stalker that constantly annoys Bugs Bunny. While this character is still very annoying and not likable, at least this change was some sort of improvement.

The songs from this show are horrible, and the inclusion of those musical numbers seems just like a forced attempt to imitate the "Phineas and Ferb" show from Disney. I guess that some of those songs aren't that bad, but most of them are terrible and feel shoehorned. The best(The only good) part of the show is the brief CGI segments involving Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, Which at least remain faithful to the spirit of the original Looney Tunes cartoons, unlike the rest of this series.

"The Looney Tunes" is a bad series. It is probably not the worst thing ever made (No matter how bad this show is, I always will consider "Loonatics" to be worse) but it is awful anyway.
  • nothing good

Looney Tunes was Never meant to be a sitcom, nothing good is in this show everybody got demoted and the humans act annoying with no purpose. otherwise it sucks.
  • Its Looney Tunes Meets Ctrl Alt Del: Boring and unfunny.

I'm actually pretty astounded that they managed to screw up the Looney Tunes so much. Loonatics Unleashed was bad, but atleast it was kind of entertaining in a "Dude, these executives have no idea what they're doing this is insane!" kind of way, This is just boring on all accounts.

The show is labeled as "The Looney Tunes as a sitcom", but what it really is is "Generic sitcom characters with looney tune characters pasted over them". Bugs is playing the straight man lead instead of being wacky and zany, Daffy is now a complete idiot to play against the straight man Bugs, Yosemite Sam is now the dumber than dumb neighbor instead of a raging cowboy (outside of his "merrie melody, but we'll get to that.) Every time the show looks like it's about to do something funny, like Bugs loving prison because he can be as smart alecy as he wants and nobody can hit him or Yosemite Sam ordering a Russian bride, they drop it so the show can devolve into its standard form of "comedy": Talking endlessly. The show is under the idea that if you just have the idiot (daffy) talk endlessly to the straight man (bugs) it will somehow turn funny, but it never does. There is next to no background music, which only makes the unfunny dialogue even worse.

But the worst part of the show are the Merrie Melodies, songs that come up in the middle of the show. So far, three of them have been horrible raps made by executives to try to prove they know whats relevant and one has been some weird love ballot that Elmar Fudd sings to grilled cheese.

Like I said, I'm astonished that the show is this bad. Avoid at all cost.
  • A new spin to an old classic

Well, the old Looney Tunes only show the misadventures between themselves, and some parts just kinda get old already Duck vs. Rabbit season). This one, however, gives the characters a modern "kick" to the classic. They don't chase each other for death anymore (which hurts me a little), but shows that the main characters graduated from high school and are tying to live it through college and get a job (which I don't see).
  • There are a few Bugs with this new cartoon, but it is still enjoyable.

I was always a fan of the classic Looney Tunes cartoons and characters (especially Bugs, Daffy and Porky). Although, this version is nothing like the classic cartoons.

I think the suburban setting is great and having Bugs and Daffy share the same household is ideal, since their different personalities and perspectives have always clashed.

I even like the improvements they have made to some of the supporting cast (with the most notable of them being Lola Bunny). At first, she comes off as a pale imitation to her classic "girl-powered" character seen in the movie 'Space Jam'. However, after a while, you realize that this is the Looney Tunes we are talking about here and now the new Lola certainly has been given that certain kind of Looney-tic personality and charm.

This is a funny and great show, but like most people are saying (and I happen to agree), it just cannot be compared to the classic Looney Tunes cartoons of yesteryear. Nothing can ever touch those classics.
  • Looney Tunes reboot - Good or Bad?

So since the original LT shorts ended, we've seen them as babies & superheroes. The question is: does this show suck as much as those 2 shows did?

The answerr fortunately is no. In this new take, we see our favorite toons living in the suburbs. Daffy is your usual selfish, lying, ambitious duck who is not very smart, with Bugs playing as the straight man in the show. We also have the rest of the LT as the supporting cast, with Lola as Bugs talkative, mood-swingy love interest, Speedy ownig a pizzeria, Taz as a dog (yes, a DOG), Sam as their next door neigbour, With Hazel (oh wait it's Lezah herE) & Gossamer as a single mom & kid, Granny (w/Sylverster & Tweety) & Porky as the third member of the trio.

Overall: It's not comparable to the classics ovbiously, but it's way better than Babies & Loonatics. Judging it by it's own merits, it's a very funny dialogue driven show with a pinch of slapstick. 8.5/10.
  • The Looney Tunes Return

I thought that it was great idea for Cartoon Network to make another Looney Tunes and it seems to be working just fine for me. Okay, this show nowhere near has the same originality as the old and classic Looney Tunes but this show is great and it is pretty funny. This show focused more on Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck while the rest of the Looney Tunes are just supporting cast. I love Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck but I want to see the other Looney Tunes in every episode as well because I love every Looney Tunes and I want to see them in every episode... not just Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Even this show may not alot of originality... it manages to have some originality and that's okay with me. This show would of have its classics if maybe it just the Looney Tunes and there weren't people in this show. The animation is very good and the dialogue to an episode is very funny. It's also great that this show has music videos of everyone's favorite Looney Tune but I don't think it's necessary for this show though. I do love the Coyote and Roadrunner shorts but I wish it was in 2-D animation instead of 3-D animation... that really bugs me. Overall, "The Looney Tunes Show" isn't as good as the original good ol' classic Looney Tunes but it's overall a great show. 8.5/10
< 1 2 3 4 5