The Looney Tunes Show

Cartoon Network (ended 2014)

shengongwu3000

The Looney Tunes Show Fan Reviews (121)

• It's alright

But the original Looney Tunes will always be better. The original was awesome, this is just alright. I also heard that this is a rip-off of Family Guy, I don't know how, but okay. I say that this is a rip-off of any sitcom. And a disgrace to the original Looney Tunes. I love the original, this is simply alright, nothing more, nothing less.
  • A Show That Needs A Lot More Love From Its LT Fans, its Not As bad As It Seems

Ok so i'm sorta sad to see this show go, it took a risk and gave its best in a lot of ways despite having flaws at the same time. Ok so it had really good episodes and I mean fresh new Looney Toons concepts that in all honesty were funny as hell and yes it had bad episodes but they never really ruined my enjoyment of the show. I actually felt as if I was getting to know these characters more and see them in somewhat real life hijinks. I literally felt like I got to see more of each characters backdoor lives. So yeah it didn't have slapstick cartoon violence sprinkles with one liners and random character drop ins like Wabbit, but It was way more enjoyable. I sorta miss this show.
  • Excellent

This is the best cartoon I have ever watched.
  • I like it.

The original Looney Tunes cartoons will always be superior, but let's just this show on its own merits. In terms of humor, it's hit or miss; the funniest jokes are usually the slapstick, but there's not much of that in this show. The characters range from being ok to a little annoying sometimes; in this incarnation, Bugs Bunny is more laid back and easy going as opposed to his usual trickster attitude. Meanwhile, Daffy is still an attention hog, with the added bonus of him being selfish and dimwitted; thankfully, unlike a lot of characters with these traits, Daffy gets his comeuppance at the end of almost every episode. The most drastic change was, of course, Lola Bunny who's now a rather dimwitted and optimistic character instead of the athletic and smart basketball star from Space Jam. While many people didn't like this change, I honestly didn't mind because A. She's funny sometimes and B. Given this shows new direction, she most likely would've came across as just eye candy and not an actual character with a personality. Yes she had a great personality in her previous incarnations, but in the context of the show, I think a bubbly personality is much better suited here. The other characters are clever and interesting, despite not having much screen time. I also like the two segments accompanying each episode; one being an original song sung by Looney Tunes characters and the other being a 3D animated rendition of classic Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I didn't mind watching it when it was on; if you're a Looney Tunes fan, there's some entertainment here but otherwise, stick with the original cartoons. As for me, all I can say is I like it.
  • Not the old Looney Tunes

It isn't so bad.

But this is not comparable with Looney Tunes.

Old Looney Tunes and Wabbit (2015) are slapstick.

This is sitcom.

That's not the same.
  • Underrated

This show appears to be underrated. It's way better then Baby Looney Tunes, Loonatics Unleashed and Wabbit which all suck. If this show was made in the late 1990's and early 2000's everyone would of liked it.
  • I'll cut to the chase to the people who's making false accounts to bump the rating up...

6.5, there, leave it, make us both happy.
  • A Disgrace to the Original.

Ignore the idiots that thinks this shows deserves a 10. They must either have brain cancer or they're true pedophiles.
  • This whole entire Rating is now a lie.... Now the Looney Tunes Show REALLY sucks.

I know there's some butthurt TLTS fan making multiple accounts as possible to make this show look any better. Try harder all you want, because neither this, or the rating on IMdb is not gonna make the show any better.

This is more like ***ation! Seriously, this show blows! It is worst show I ever seen and the air time is ridiculous and insane. It even more air time than any other show I ever seen. Seriously, I understand if you a toddler, wait no I don't because, I have two five year old twins who think this show is bullcrap and idiotic. I even know 10-years olds who wish to beat up the self-centered titans up. It is not funny, the episodes are so dull and pointless. It the people making the show are on drugs or something because unless you have mental problems, you would enjoy this show.

Im happy they Cancelled this crap!

This show is the most dirty, stuck up. sadistic, lamest, uncoolest, buttface , uglyest, bullcrap, ***ed, nasty, brainless, barfing, child touching, disguesting, perverted, spineless, heartless, mindless, do-do, testicle-choking, gay, memory runiner, prickist , doochest , toilet kissing, self-centered, feces puking, ***gest, snot-spitting, crap gathering, big nosed, cocksucking , bastarized, fart knocking. sack busting, mucus spewing, idiotic, douchebagest show of all time.

I wish I can give it a 0. And to the people that like it, that fine but this show is child touching memories for original fans and even if you not, this show so bad in so many doochy up ways.
  • 6.8 rating, eh? I see mediocre in my eyes... no screw it, it's the WORST SHOW EVER!

This show is god awful. It's just as horrid like Uncle Grandpa. I don't even know how it made it to the second season. The jokes are just unfunny, so unfunny in fact, it hurts to even listen to or here it. The animation and art style is lazy looking and poorly done. The older Looney Tunes had a smoother animation style, and it wasn't lazy. The characters in The Fake Tunes Show, are unlikable, and annoying. Daffy and Lola are stupid and don't have one once of intelligence in them, Witch Hazel as well. Taz isn't the same either. He isn't dark and mpnsterous like the original, he's soft, and acts like a dog. Taz had barely had any feelings in the original, and wouldn't even watch a show like that. Wile Coyote is the least likable of all in this show. He is a genius, and he's annoying. He was never like this in the original, he took Road Runner seriously and was a great villian, Daffy was smart and funny, Lola wasn't as stupid, Pepe Le Pew was funny, and Granny was dark, but smart and was funny. Also the episodes have no storyline behind it. In one episode.. In another, it's about a grilled cheese song. Don't even get me started on that.

Long story short, the animation and art style is lazy, the characters are unlikable, there's no intense storyline and action, the episodes are lazy and unlikable, and the jokes are stupid.
  • The Looney Tunes No!!!!!

First of all lets sum up the concept. Suburbia humor with Looney Tuned from an already existing show with the IQ of -700. Now let's see what's bad about this, suburbia humor is nonstop random humor that relates to specific situation like picture of a chick = cock joke. On TV it doesn't really work, mainly since we espect TV writers to be ACTUAL writers not people who check their *** on an hourly basis and can hold a pencil.

Also there's the fandom issue, fans of Looney Tunes who watched the classic theatrical shorts would know this is garbage, what's worse is they even TEASED the fans; on one episode they said Slade was back and left to Fight him only to come back 5 seconds later and say the adventure was so "epic" it shouldn't be animated. I'm a fan of the Looney Tunes series, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUCKING PISSED I WAS!? OH LOOK A POSSIBLE STORY AND ADVENTURE! NOPE, HERE'S A BUNCH OF SCREAMING BOBBLE HEADS.

Also just watch CN for 24 hours and you'll see why it should be canceled. It takes up 90% of the channel and is just a monstrosity of awful humor. I'm surprised kids actually like it. But for now I make a rule, any show other than the Looney Tunes Show you should toon into, to raise their rattings beyond that piece of shit and make them relize random actions and screaming are NOT comedy. Also the characters are all assholes to each other. Bully free weekend? More like everyone's a bitch weekend.
  • Unfunny

Bring back the REAL Looney Tunes, please.
  • Very Funny

Some episodes or jokes in this are really, really, bad. But when this show is at its best it's pretty funny.
  • On eof the most STUPEDEST looney Tune cartoons ever.

I'm only 14, so maybe I might be too old for this show, but my little brother is 11! And we both agree something in common. This show blows! Unless I'm looking for a way to put myself to sleep, it would be this show. Honestly I'd watch Clarence than this! At first the show was pretty funny. Me and my bro had some good laughs. Then in like season 3 or something things got worse. Basically nothing makes sense anymore, characters(especially Witch Hazel and Taz) got even dumber or more insane(Lola) and most shows seemed to get boring over the time. The show don't have to be serious but it needs to be funnier. Only people with a brain of a hyena will still find this funny... -_-
  • THIS SHOW DOES NOT DESERVE A HIGH RATING

THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST LOONEY TUNES INCARNATIONS EVER! WORSE THAN SPACE JAM!
  • Terrible

Terrible
  • A Pretty Good Show

This show was pretty good, and I would have liked to see a season 3 of The Looney Tunes Show. I know some people didn't like it because it wasn't the original, but I still thought it was pretty good. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I liked it better then The Looney Tunes in some ways, The Looney Tunes was just random humor, but The Looney Tunes Show this was more interesting, and it was well written.
  • Actually, a Slap in the face to the Looney Tunes fans

Stop ruining good cartoons, stupid crew members.
  • More like "The Fake Tunes Show"

What the heck happened? Bugs used to be wise and likes to trick the hell out of everyone and now he's all bland and sardonic! Taz used to be a wild monster until he's a dog..... please die TLTS.
  • Great modern twist on the old Classics

People all seem to be biased against this because it is not like the old Looney tunes. Hello, it is not meant to be like the old classics, this is bringing all the classic characters and bringing them into the 21st century. You must admit, their people who made this show all got all the characters personalities and designs right.
  • Give the show a chance you numbnuts...

You people keep saying CHANGE, I DON'T LIKE CHANGE! It's actually a funny show, undeniably flawed, but still pretty funny. If you don't like the show because you don't think the humor is funny, I can respect that. But if you hate it just because it's DIFFERENT, you're being childish..
  • Why would you make a show thats nothing like the originals?

Money moochers, they dont give a crap what they make, so they go on ahead and ruin the Looney Tunes just like how they did it with Teen Titans Go.
  • like the classics at all.

That's all, the show sucks, it's different and nothing like the original at all.
  • GIVE IT A CHANCE SO FUNNY. LMAO

First of all being used to watching the original Looney Tunes back in the 70's on, we loved the old cartoons. When we watched the first few new ones we weren't sure what to think. The modernizing of "the times" & the comments change the dynamics but reserve the animation. Now the Characters have cell phones and state of the art technologies. The voices are amazingly accurate to the original Mel Blanc voices. At first we didn't like the new Daffy character but now find him hysterical. The witty snide selfish comments are so funny. The reviewers who dislike the new series should let go of the old originals and chalk it up as a bygone Era. Once you watch a few of these and get aquainted with Daffy's new girlfriend, Lola, Gossamer & the other revitalized characters you will be rolling. If you like South Park you'll love the new Looneys.

A must see is:

-Daffys Handbag/Purse

-Bugs meets Lola. You'll recognize the voice of Lola's Father.

-Best Friends & many more. Haven't found one we didn't like.
  • This show is totally not cool

This show is a total DISGRACE to the original one!
  • SATAN SPAWN

THE INTRO DOESN'T SHOW ALL THE CHARACTERS, BENTHELOONEY HATES IT, IT DERAILED EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER INTO AN UNLIKABLE DOUCHEBAG, AND IT SUCKS ASS!!! DO NOT WATCH THIS!
  • Not your grandfather's Looney Tunes.... and that's not such a bad thing.

This show is one of the one's that convinced me that sometimes, viewers have nostalgia goggles on that make it impossible for them to have an honest opinion about whether a show is good or bad, quality-wise, rather than if they measure up to the original incarnations that have been immortalized in their heads. The original shorts came out decades ago and influenced the animation industry forever, but as with everything else, they were a product of their times and, while I truly believe can be enjoyed at any time, to try and emulate them would be futile. Instead, what they have tried to do was to bring these characters into a modern sitcom-style setting while staying true to their personalities and in what makes them identifiable. Sometimes they even improved on a few of them such as fleshing out Lola's character from a furry sex-symbol into a full-on lunatic with stalker issues and persisitent optimism that comes from living in a world that only exists in her warped mind and has now become one of my favorites in the entire ensemble. It's fun to see how they have updated these characters and I, for one, am always excited to see what the Looney Tunes would do if they existed and had to survive in the normal, everyday world.

Sure, there are some missteps, such as making the Tazmanian devil their dog and making witch Hazel the stereotypical black woman but the reason these characters don't work is because they changed up these characters aforementioned personalities and they were honestly fine the way they were but this seems to be exceptions rather than the norm. The slapstick humor is still there but it strikes a fine balance between putting the Looney Tunes in funny, everyday situations and deriving slapstick from those situations, instead of balls-to-the-walls insanity, which only seemed like it in the original shorts because of their 7 minute formats. In fact, go back and watch some of the shorts, most of the humor was derived from what the characters say and the way they clash with each other, rather than from the physical pain that happen intersparsely to them, and it is this sense that I recognize the Looney Tunes. Most of the characters in the show are immediately recognizable as the same characters from those shorts while still being it's own thing and extremely funny in it's own rightand that is far more difficult to do than people give it credit for. Loonatics Unleashed has a higher rating than this show, which is the biggest travesty here because it tried to be a funny action superhero cartoon, on which it failed on all-fronts, while this show stays true to the spirit of the Looney Tunes and gets decimated for it. It's a sitcom with the Looney Tunes and if you like sitcoms and the Looney Tunes characters, this show is hugely enjoyable, if approached with the right mindset. The animation is enjoyable, and contrary to what people say, this is the Looney Tunes you know and love, just in a different setting that has them adjust to this format in order to be identifiable. Ah well, haters gonna hate I suppose, but cartoons today don't even have the same slapstick as there were in the 90s when I was growing up, and to see something that succeeds in the modern-setting without resorting to adult humor is one I will always appreciate. It's not perfect by any means but if this is the only Looney Tunes I get for my generation, it is comforting to know that the bigwigs at Warner Bros. still know who their created characters are.
  • It's ok.

OK, so it's obviously not the original Looney Tunes. And that's quite a shame, seeing as those cartoons had some of the best animated characters of all time. But is it terrible? Not entirely. Sure, it's cheap, poorly animated and is those beloved characters in name only, but It's quite entertaining and funny. Nowhere near the greatest cartoon of all time, which would be it's namesake... but not quite on my list of shows I hate so bad I wish I could erase from my mind.
  • This show is just a DISGRACE to the original!

Of all the repulsive shit that Warner Bros. has done with the Looney Tunes thus far, this sad-sack excuse for a show has got to be the worst! Frankly the idea that they would even dare to call this show, "The Looney Tunes Show" is not only false advertising, it's fucking blasphemy!

Let me go down the list of some of the major problems with this horrid show and explain my grievances in spiteful detail (more detailed listings will follow with future pieces).

1) SITCOM FORMAT

Who the FUCK thought that a lame-ass sitcom format was appropriate for a show featuring the goddamn Looney Tunes?! Honestly, this idea reeks of Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network trying to jump on the Family Guy bandwagon (much like how they tried to jump on the Muppet Babies bandwagon when they made Baby Looney Tunes). It's not so much that a sitcom format couldn't have worked, but much like with prior Looney Tune disasters such as Baby Looney Tunes and Loonatics Unleashed, the creators of this show forgot they were dealing with the fuckin' Looney Tunes and that the Looney Tunes are most famous for one particular LOONEY! For a show starring the animated grandfathers of cartoon slapstick, there isn't a damn thing looney, wacky, or even slightly funny about this show! Did the people who wrote this slop somehow manage to grow up having never watched a single Looney Tunes cartoon? I mean, sure, you can have Bugs and Daffy living as roommates and the setting for each episode take place in a suburban town, but that doesn't mean it has to be as boring as life in a fuckin' suburban town! Have them slip on a banana peel, or fall down a flight of stairs accompanied by some smashy-crashy sound effects. Have a scene where Daffy or Bugs tries to bake a cake and fucks it up royally in a highly cartoonish and zany way. I mean some of Mickey Mouse's old cartoons had more wackiness than the episodes of this damn would it have killed them to remember that Bugs and Daffy are bitter rivals? Even at the best of times they're still fickle friends. Have Bugs occasionally pull tricks on Daffy and Daffy get mad and lose his temper thus leading him to do something stupid out of anger which in turn would result in cartoonish hilarity. Seriously, try and remember you're dealing with classic fuckin' cartoon is what happens when you get former SNL writers to try and write something actually funny!

2) BASTARDIZED CHARACTERS

Perhaps the biggest and most disgusting offense of this damn show is the absolute bastardization of the Looney Tunes characters themselves. The characters in this show are not so much the Looney Tunes as much as they are terrible actors playing bland characters in animal costumes. The characters are so unlike themselves until I fail to see how any true fan of the Looney Tunes would not be utterly disgusted by these pitiful and greatly unreasonable facsimiles. Bugs Bunny, who in near all prior Looney Tunes-related media (excluding Loonatics Unleashed and Baby Looney Tunes) was the slick wiseguy hero who always came out on top, is now a sad pathetic whiny loser who's always letting himself get pushed around! To add insult to injury the writers also felt the need to force Bugs to refrain from uttering his signature line. What kind of fuckin' Looney Tunes cartoon has Bugs Bunny not saying "Eh, What's Up, Doc?" Daffy Duck, who in the classics showed a diverse personality ranging from wild and zany to devious and manipulative to greedy and self-centered is downgraded to the level of a fuckin' moron for what appears to be no other reason than fuckin' morons have somehow become a staple of low-level uncreative lazy comedy these days; for prime examples see Peter Griffin, Philip J. Fry, and Spongebob that I don't enjoy Family Guy and Futurama (FUCK Spongebob), but this is motherfuckin' Looney Tunes! More effort and intelligence needs to go into the comedy than just focusing on a stupid character doing stupid things! They somehow found a way to make Speedy Gonzales an offensive stereotype where he wasn't before, they turned the Goofy Gophers into a borderline gay couple where before they were just insanely polite, Gossamer's a fuckin' child for some reason, and they turned Witch Hazel into goddamn Mammy Two-Shoes! Honestly, for me the straw that broke the camel's back was when I saw the episode where they turned Taz into a motherfuckin' dog, and Bugs' pet no less! WHAT THE FUCK?!

2.1) LOLA BUNNY

This show's interpretation of Lola Bunny was so bad it deserves its own separate space on this list so I can berate it specifically! The nimrods will say that Lola Bunny didn't really have a personality in Space Jam, and while that is true IT IS NOT TRUE when they claim this freakin' show gave her a personality! Let's get one goddamn thing clear! This show did not give Lola Bunny a personality! They just turned her into a bland stereotype; the stereotype of dumb blonde to be exact! Dumb and blonde is not a personality! It's a fuckin' stereotype! They made Lola into fuckin' stereotype so they could add another painfully stupid character to the show to try and make it even more like Family Guy and Spongebob, and because its much easier to write material for a dumb witless female character than it is to write for a strong, independent female character; which is what Lola had the makings of in Space Jam. They should have expanded on the personality she started to show in Space Jam instead of taking the path of least originality and making her a fuckin' dumbass! In fact, Lola is so stupid and witless until she's utterly annoying, and while some my say that supposed to be the point, there's an obvious little rule to character development and story-writing that the "writers" of this show and the philistines who defend it apparently never learned; YOU NEVER CREATE A CHARACTER SO FUCKIN' ANNOYING UNTIL THE AUDIENCE CAN'T EVEN STAND THEM!!! One of the first major rules to good story-writing is to never alienate your audience. You should never put a character in a story that is so obnoxious that the story becomes unbearable for your audience to continue showing interest. The key to story-telling is to keep the audience focused on the story by making the story appealing and the characters likable (or at least, tolerable), and if you do put an overly obnoxious character in a story you should have enough courtesy for your audience to give them some form of relief from that character; sort of like how Brainy Smurf would always get tossed out of the smurf village on his head at the end of every cartoon, or how Garfield would always mail Nermal to Abu Dhabi. If they were going to put this repulsive version of Lola in this show, they should have given us the pleasure of seeing something unpleasant befall her before the end of each episode she's having an anvil fall on her or have her get run over by a steam-roller or something. Frankly, ever since the very first episode she was in I wanted to jump in the cartoon myself and light that bitch on fire!

3) AWFUL MUSICAL SEGMENTS

The so-called "Merrie Melodies" segments are another sin of this show, and I'm not sure what's the greater sin: the fact that the horrible nature of these songs is an insult to the classic Merrie Melodies cartoons or that these songs are so mind-numbingly stupid and badly-written it's like somebody sniffed paint thinner before writing the lyrics. Anytime you got Elmer Fudd singing about grilled damn cheese you are obviously not playing with a full deck! The in-show songs from "Sonic Underground" weren't even this abysmal!

4) TERRIBLE ANIMATION STYLE

Now I'm not the kind of superficial guy to get all bent out of shape over appearances, and if this show wasn't so insanely bad in other areas I could have overlooked it, but my freakin' nephew could have drawn more appealing-looking characters and he's barely two years old! If Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network were trying to rip-off shows like Family Guy with this shit they failed in more ways than one 'cause not only is Family Guy funnier than this show (which is a sin all on its own), but Family Guy even looks more visually appealing than this shit (which is also a sin)!

• A type of a poisonous drug that makes you overdose quickly.

Let me start off by saying that this show is a very sad attempt at recreating the original Looney Tunes. For one thing, they make Daffy a mental *** who can't do anything. From watching the episode "Best Friends" i was shocked at how dumb he was. He got smarter as it went on, but not smart enough to outsmart Bugs in anyway. I should show you an example if you haven't seen this show yet.

Moving on. The worst part of it all is that they live in houses, which was a pretty stupid setting for the Looney Tunes. If you watched the originals, then you would know that Bugs is always in a different area in each cartoon. His hole is in just one place in this show, with it consisting of a chair and a lamp. He only visits it once though shortly after Daffy steals his automatic carrot peeler idea and ruins his house. Anyway, the character designs weren't exactly that good either.

I guess they are not bad enough to make you hurl, but they were sort of just plain dull. Bugs' feet are huge, well Granny (not in the image) just got a slight change. She is still voiced by June Foray which is good. Gossamer looked promising, though in the show he was a KID. That's right, he did not sound like a monster, but a kid. That was the stupidest idea ever to change Gossamer into a kid. Guess who voices him? The fish from The Amazing World of Gumball. Foghorn Leghorn is still funny though, and his voice sounds okay. Also, you would notice that the Coyote and the Roadrunner are in the characters, yet, they appear in CGI form the entire show. Whats up with that? Enough about designs, lets get on with the rest of the show.

Okay, this is a load of shit. They attempted to put in Merry Melodies into the show, and this is what happens. Well some of the songs were good, the rest of them sucked. We all enjoyed it when Bugs sang a random old folk song when he was walking, but in this show he doesn't even do that. Neither does Daffy either though, so that really sucks. I will say that the rhymes are really good though.

Finally, the Coyote and Roadrunner shorts. Well i will give them credit for the originality of them being exactly like the originals, they would be terrible only in title terms. Also, in some shorts, they reference internet memes (as do the titles, which can get quite annoying after a while). The memes sort of throw off the short a little, though its more of something just for today's teens and whatnot. The shorts use TNT, which is something i will give credit for also, though they won't use more violent things like canons or guns, which i find to be pretty stupid seeing as how the show is rated TV-PG after all and has already used both guns and has referenced Nazis in one episode before.

The shows title card wasn't that bad, though. It was certainly an original design. So if you are a person who likes the originals, stay away from this disaster. I advise that you watch the originals immediately if you haven't, and avoid this show as much as possible if you want to keep some IQ points. For those who are curious as to how the originals looked, here is a cartoon short dating back to the twentieth century. Bugs is significantly different here for those who saw The Looney Tunes Show as their first time seeing these characters. This is during their glory years.