The Loop Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

How will fox murder this show?

How will Fox kill "The Loop"

kinglink2

[1]May 17, 2007
    • level: 16

Ok, I saw this show when it first came out, not the first episode but a couple after it started and it looked like it was funny, which I knew meant it was dead.  Fox can't handle good shows and kills them in so many different ways?

Any ideas on how they will do it? 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

steelcage

[2]May 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    It is no longer on their site so, sadly it had no chance.

gohant8

[3]May 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    yet 'til death' will be on for another couple years that show is terrible. The Loop is a great show but it is doomed because fox never understands what it has. Fox makes decisions worse than abc. 

EnterTheTekken

[4]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 9
    If FOX didn't think the show was funny, they wouldn't have ordered episodes of it. Plain and simple, no one watched it. FOX is graciously giving this crap a second chance this summer, and if people don't watch it, it is of no fault to the network. The Network Blame Game is getting really old.

bouges13

[5]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 19

EnterTheTekken wrote:
    If FOX didn't think the show was funny, they wouldn't have ordered episodes of it. Plain and simple, no one watched it. FOX is graciously giving this crap a second chance this summer, and if people don't watch it, it is of no fault to the network. The Network Blame Game is getting really old.

Kind of agree. Disagree too in a way because the networks are in charge of getting an audience, of promoting the show, and giving the show a time slot. I actually watched the Loop from the beginning because I like sitcoms, and the Loop was funny imo. However, I was really surprised to see that the Loop was even back, as I thought that it was already cancelled due to poor numbers. So in a way, I feel that Fox has dropped the ball by not giving it much support at all. I think that if Fox truly believed in the show, and why would they even air it if they didn't??, they would have advertised it more, say just a fraction, a small fraction of how much Fox advertises for American Idol. Instead they just randomly throw it back on the air as if they were trying to give it a chance. "Graciously", as if Fox is doing anyone a favor by throwing this show back on to die, but hey, it can't be said that Fox didn't try, but I'm thinking not very hard at all...

Edited on 06/11/2007 12:49pm

JayJay81

[6]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 3

My answer:

By removing all the hot female characters from season 1 and not replacing them.

At least they're inventive in their ways of killing a show. Although taking away the eye-candy must be my least favorite way to do so.

bouges13

[7]Jun 11, 2007
    JayJay81 wrote:

My answer:

By removing all the hot female characters from season 1 and not replacing them.

At least they're inventive in their ways of killing a show. Although taking away the eye-candy must be my least favorite way to do so.

Um, did you not see their new receptionist? Uh, she's very hot, as was Sully's girlfriend...

Owepar

[8]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 33
    Hot, perhaps, but she's not that interesting of a character as the two ladies who were dropped. And although the show was basically dead already, they drove the nail into the coffin by adding that completely obnoxious character who Sam sees in the elevator daily. Whoever thought that he'd be a fun addition to the show should be dragged into the street and shot in the face at close range. No disrespect to the actor playing him, but that character's atrociously unfunny.

EnterTheTekken

[9]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    Is this a serious line of thought? Two hot women being removed from the show is FOX's covert way of killing a show that is costing them money to air? Am I right? Is that what is being said here?

Owepar

[10]Jun 17, 2007
    • level: 33
    That's how it appears, but no, that's not quite right. What they've done is rather typical for a revamping of a sitcom. In season 2, they've shifted the focus from Sam's balancing act between home and work, to strictly at work. In doing so, the home characters got the axe. The only reason Sully remained on the show is because he was sort of a breakout character, offering a lot of comic relief (though without the focus of the home life, he's been underused in this season's episodes). In the first season of "Just Shoot Me," Maya had a roommate, who was quickly dropped. I know it's happened with other shows too, but that's the first one that springs to mind... It had nothing to do with the sex of the actors (on "JSM" it was a guy).

JaeBianca

[11]Jun 18, 2007
    I don't know about anyone else's Fox affiliate, but mine actually shifted the air time 23 minutes off schedule for some strange reason. So instead of just missing one episode, or something, I got 3-4 minutes of the beginning of each. Fox sucks.

maxpower144

[12]Jun 18, 2007
    • level: 60
    My affiliate showed it at the correct times last night.

Frankly I do not know how FOX does their programming. I don't know why they even produced a season 2 of this series if they did not plan to use it properly. But, there have been better series than this that have been mistreated by FOX. I just don't know why... maybe that's why I am not a network executive.

bouges13

[13]Jun 25, 2007
    Jeez, even tv.com must think this show to be irrelevent. It wasn't included on "what's on tonight" or "what was on last night" on the home page. I don't know why, but that really bugs me, especially since The Loop at least had new eps rather than all the repeats that was included. Oh well.

iwatchitall

[14]Jun 26, 2007
    EnterTheTekken wrote:
    Is this a serious line of thought? Two hot women being removed from the show is FOX's covert way of killing a show that is costing them money to air? Am I right? Is that what is being said here?
    Do you work for Fox? They cancel shows that have huge followings! There's no love lost for me if Fox goes under and Rupert Murdoch goes bankrupt! They have more money than they know what to do with. They could easily have spent the money to make this show the way it was originally. $10 million isn't even a blip on the radar for these guys. I'm surprised 24 is still on the air...and now they've changed The Loop to fit a budget which makes it look worse, and in the process upset the fans that wanted to see how Sam and Piper would end up together. On top of that, they put The Loop at the worst possible time, Sundays in spring? It needs to be a show aimed at university students, like Tuesdays in Fall, when everyones going back to class and don't have any assignments yet. That said, they did have the insight to put money behind the show in the first place, which takes guts, as every show is a risk. My point to all this is that, a mainpart of Sam's character was how he loved Piper and couldn't get her, and by removing that from the show an entire audience is gone. To me, it's like turning back the clock and Chandler and Monica never happened!
    Edited on 06/26/2007 10:33am
    Edited 2 total times.

evolutionorbust

[15]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 6

[QUOTE="iwatchitall"]

EnterTheTekken wrote:
    My point to all this is that, a mainpart of Sam's character was how he loved Piper and couldn't get her, and by removing that from the show an entire audience is gone. To me, it's like turning back the clock and Chandler and Monica never happened!

The romance never looked promising. And the best seasons of Friends happened before Monica and Chandler got together.

archangelcory16

[16]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 32
    I don't think FOX wanted to cancel The Loop really, but it just barely got renewed in the first place, it hasn't done that well in the ratings. Of course, that was because it was on Thursdays during its first season, but at least FOX ordered a second season. And then Bret Harrison signed on for a pilot which just gave FOX a good reason to let it go. (If they had renewed it, I think they have the power to keep Bret due to his contract.) Or maybe FOX already knew it wasn't coming back and that's why he signed on for Reaper.

iwatchitall

[17]Jul 2, 2007
    [QUOTE="evolutionorbust"]

iwatchitall wrote:
    EnterTheTekken wrote:
    My point to all this is that, a mainpart of Sam's character was how he loved Piper and couldn't get her, and by removing that from the show an entire audience is gone. To me, it's like turning back the clock and Chandler and Monica never happened!

The romance never looked promising. And the best seasons of Friends happened before Monica and Chandler got together.

LOL! I disagree on all points, which pretty much explains everything.

Deedsie

[18]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    The demise of Lizzy set the wheels of cancellation in motion. Silly move...