The Lost Room

The Eye and the Occupant

Aired Weekdays 8:00 PM Dec 13, 2006 on Syfy

• Best mini series I've ever seen

I really like sy fy movies or shows. The lost room was one of the best I've ever seen. I've seen it all couple of times. The only thing that it's not finished at all and I bet the intention was to have another couple of episode. I rated it as 10. I wish there could be more episodes to see the end.
  • truly truly clever story writing.

This was a great mini series to watch, and I hope that there will be more to come. I love the Prophet development, which is a great storyline for a series. I had questions about Joe and why he was remembered by Anna and did he really take the occupants place. I found this on the Scifi forum:

"Then the question is where is the Occupant and why Anna was brought back? We know from the Occupant that there are more than one room. So I supposed the Occupant must have been there - "OTHER ROOMS" and it maybe his power to travel different rooms. Therefore, just after Miller shot (or maybe not) the Occupant and left room, the room was reset then the occupant should be restored. It was one possibility that Anna was brought back by the Occupant because during the Reset the Occupant could travel different rooms to save back Anna."

This was a terrific explanation... I want to see more of this show.
  • A great mini series, which I hope we'll see again.

This was a refreshing change from 24, lost and others. Not to say that 24 and Lost aren't great shows, but this just makes you realise that there is more to life. Great mini series I hope we get to see a full season. There were plenty of loose ends left at the end, but not enough that you found yourself throwing the remote at the TV.
  • I had certain expectations and hopes when I came to watch this final episode, and I was not disappointed. Don't come to this show expecting answers ... only more questions. And that is exactly what I wanted. Spoilers here.

It was with a certain nervousness that I came to watch this final episode of The Lost Room. I have stated previously that I hoped they wouldn't reveal everything, and I was pleased to see they didn't! I did not need to know the reason for the Lost Room, and all the objects - in fact, in its reveal it would more likely seem mundane and ultimately unsatisfying. So by leaving it a mystery still, I was satisfied by the conclusion.

I liked that Joe got his daughter back, and that she still knew who he was.

I liked the Occupant angle. Well played.

I liked (though was thoroughly creeped out by) the quarter.

And great move with the ticket.

Favourite characters? Apart from Joe? I liked Wally (never really did anyone any harm) and the Weasel (though he did kill in very unpleasant ways with that pen).

This show was full of great characters, and could have legs for another series. Though I'm not sure I want that. It might retain its power better without a follow up.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong.
  • Well this Mini Series had its conclusion episode last night and I was very pleased at the outcome and for this show in general.

This show wasn't long enough, being a miniseries and all, and you get to the point where you figure out what is going on and the series winds down and ends. Sure it, heres hoping, might come back as a full time show, I doubt it, but it won't be the same as these 3 episodes were(different storyline,characters, and completly different atmosphere when watching it). This episode had a few disturbing scenes with Karl taking out is own eye to use the destructively useful glass eye(power to destroy or heal all human flesh) to bring back his son who has been dead for 9 or 10 years. The other disturbing scene came at the end when Joe had to kill the "occupant" in the hotel room being the only way to bring back his daughter.

This episode was all about locating the vault and finding the Occupant or known as the 'prime object'.

The combination for gaining entry to the vault is The Scissors
    The Clock
    The Key

Objects used in this episode were(may not be all of them but the ones I could think of)

The Flask - absorbs oxygen
    The Glass Eye - destroyes or heals human flesh
    The Scissors - rotates objects
    The Clock - turns solids into gas and gas into solids
    The Poloroid Picture - showed who the Occupant was

There are other objects that are used and mentioned but thier powers aren't made known.

Well the show was a huge success and someone out there is going to win 5 million dollars if thier code is correct or something, but sadly it isnt going to be me.

I enjoyed this MiniSeries and I rate this episode a very hight 9.7/10 for it being the last episode, the fast pace scenes, and the overall story layout. Thanks to my DVR The Lost Room will live on forever, or unless I grow tired of it.