Coming on DVD in 2007 (extras include I LOVE LUCY MOVIE)

vitoruss

[1]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1

According to Greg Hernandez's 9/14/06 article in the LA DAILY NEWS:

A boxed set of the not-as-widely-seen 13 one-hour episodes of "Lucy" will be released in early 2007. The show ran in a weekly half-hour format from 1951 to 1957, then switched to monthly one-hour shows for the next three seasons.

The one-hour shows were originally titled "The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show" on CBS, then syndicated as "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour" and "We Love Lucy." Each show featured the original cast, with guest stars such as Milton Berle, Danny Thomas and Tallulah Bankhead.

"People have been asking about the `Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour' a lot" said Gord Lacy, editor of the Web site TVShowsOnDVD.com, where fans vote for which shows they want most to see released on DVD. "The `I Love Lucy' seasons have been released at a steady pace and people are happy with the sets and want more."

The episodes will be released as seasons 7, 8 and 9, but in a single DVD package. They will have some rare gems, including color home movies secretly taken by an audience member during the show's first season. It is the only color film of the Ricardos in their apartment, according to Oppenheimer, who is producing the set.

Also included will be three episodes linked together by 12 minutes of never-before-seen footage that was originally put together as an "I Love Lucy" feature film. But it was shelved and seemingly lost forever until it was discovered recently in an incorrectly labeled film cannister.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

killbillfanatic

[2]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 3
    Wow! Awesome! Thank you for such a detailed report on this DVD! I'm sure I'm not the only one thats extremely excited!!

charles64123

[3]Dec 7, 2006
    • level: 7
    Wow! I am very excited about this upcoming release of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour. I was hoping that they would release this show too, because there are many funny episodes that I enjoyed. I love all the guest stars that stopped by especially the episode with Tallulah Bankhead. Thanks for reporting this information!
    Edited on 12/07/2006 3:46pm
    Edited 3 total times.

shelley06

[4]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 21
    According to tvshowsondvd.com's schedule, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour is not set to release....Did something change? I really hope it is released...the special features sound great.

magnolia113

[5]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 5
    According to Amazon.com its going to be released March 13th!

TVLANDFAN08

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 2

Yes it will defintely release on March 13th!! I pre-ordered my copy on Amazon for $27.99 with free shipping and can't wait to get it, it is also available through various other websites including Walmart and DVD Planet but Amazon is a little cheaper. Another bonus that I think was left out was that the Havana episode is going to un-cut and 75 minutes long because when it was aired on tv a portion had to be cut out and Desi was not happy with this but it will be included with this set! Can't wait!!! 

dramafreezone

[7]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 16

Just ordered my set from Amazon.com.  Can't wait.  Now, hopefully, the people who own the rights to "The Lucy Show" will catch on and follow suit, especially the first few seasons when Vivian Vance was a regular.

liyah_lover01

[8]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 5

the I Love Lucy movie is not on this set, I couldnt wait to get home and see the movie and the special color fottage and the movie was not on it!

Edited on 03/15/2007 8:06pm

shelley06

[9]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 21
    liyah_lover01 wrote:

the I Love Lucy movie is not on this set, I couldnt wait to get home and see the movie and the special color fottage and the movie was not on it!

It was disappointing--but still the footage was cool. The footage is only a few minutes of color from I Love Lucy's episode #6 "The Audition." It is still nice to see (from a distance) Lucy and Desi in color (and not just computer colorized)...but I wish it was longer!! This footage was probably deemed a movie because it was a home movie, shot by a studio audience member, it wasn't really a "movie."