The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour

CBS (ended 1960)

The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour Fan Reviews (5)

• Please VOTE for Lucy!!

Now that we have the complete "I Love Lucy" series on DVD and have the upcoming complete release of "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour", we still need full season set releases of:

The Lucy Show
    Here's Lucy
    and
    Life with Lucy.

Please go vote for these dvd releases at www.tvshowsondvd.com!!
    It's easy to register and vote. It's completely free and I am sure it makes an impact on DVD releases. I've listed monthly updates on voting stats on www.imdb.com under each of Lucy's shows. Please remember to vote for ALL of Lucy's shows. A TRUE lucy fan needs ALL of her series in their DVD collection. Thanks for the support!
  • Another great version of Lucy and get crazy friends and family.

This is still a good show by today’s standards. If you are too young to have watched it when it was originally one, do yourself a favor a watch it now. If any of the stories seem familiar it is because most comedy show since have used similar storylines. This is the ultimate compliment to the actors and writers of this show.

Lucille Ball was the star of the show playing the title role of Lucy. Her real-life husband Desi Arnaz played her on-screen husband Ricky. Vivian Vance and William Frawley played their neighbors and best friends Ethel and Fred Mertz. All four actors were incredibly funny and talented.
  • More of Lucy's adventures, but this time more guest stars.

This show was really great fun. As a big I Love Lucy fan, seeing The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour is a definite treat, because the episodes were twice as long! And although there were only thirteen episodes, all thirteen were hilarious in their own right. Because The Lucy and Desi episodes were meant to be special (they weren't a weekly thing like the sitcom) there were loads of guest stars. Of course, the Mertzes were there as well, so it felt just like a longer episode of I Love Lucy. My personal favorite is the one that shows how Lucy and Ricky met. I wish TVLand would bring this show back. It's certainly worth watching.
  • Great!

This is nearly as good as the regular I Love Lucys and nice way to continue the laughs with Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ehthel. And oh-Little Ricky too ;) I enjoy the episodes about hunting for Uranium with Fred McMurray and the race Horse, abut my all time favorite is "Tellulah Bankhead". It is SO funny! It was actually the first comedy hour i saw, and my granma introduced it to me when she had it on video. She thought i'd like it since i was from Alabama and so was Tellulah-and she was right!

Also, on a local channel of mine, the Comedy Hours were run in syndication unde the title "We Love Lucy" , with each episode being cut into a two part, half hour format.
  • A continuation of I love Lucy with the same loveable characters!!

I'm the biggest I love lucy fan so of course I'm going to say nothing but positive things about the show!!! Basically I love the show not as much as I Love Lucy but pretty close. I feel the laughs just continue and I love all the guest stars that make an appearance on the show!