The Lucy Show Forums

CBS (ended 1968)

Dvd Release

reno30

[1]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 2

I hope to see the first 3 seasons on dvd soon.  They were the best of the six seasons because of Vivian being a great cohort to Lucy.  The show's writing went horribly downhill from season 4 on.

Maybe after all of the I Love Lucy stuff is out on dvd, they will start putting complete seasons of "The Lucy Show" out on dvd.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vitoruss

[2]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 1
    According to tvshowsondvd.com, in 2007 they will release all 13 hour-long episodes of THE LUCY DESI COMEDY HOUR in one box set. Hopefully when that has been released it will pave the way for her next chronilogical TV show, THE LUCY SHOW. And I agree with you about the first three seasons with Vivian Vance being the best. But if you havent checked out the "Best episodes" DVD release of HERE'S LUCY, you should. I'd long thought of this show as really bad, but darned if they didn't find some excellent episodes and the commentaries by Lucie Aranz and Desi Arnaz Jr. are outstanding and the extras on that set are out of this world.

tvking1

[3]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 42
    Thanks for the info, vitoruss, if you're still out there checking this forum. I looked it up and was salivating at the special features, which for me are a must when purchasing DVDs (unless they're really cheap).This set is definitely on my list.

lizphor

[4]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 1

I only want to purchase episodes that Vivian appears in the Lucy Show. Does anyone have the titles of these episodes.

tvking1

[5]Sep 24, 2007
    You can find some of them here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888573/filmoseries#tt0055686. Also by clicking her name anywhere on TV.com. The imdb page lists nine episodes, but she was a regular during the first three seasons, so I'm sure there were more.

millerem99

[6]Oct 8, 2007
    • level: 51

If you're not looking to buy an entire season, you can sometimes get a few episodes at a time at places like Suncoast Video (not sure if they are a national chain). That is where I got my DVD of "Lucy Gets a Roommate," "Lucy and Carol in Palm Springs" and it also contains "Lucy Meets John Wayne."

For anyone on this forum who might still be out there (out there out there out there out there)

tvking1

[7]Oct 8, 2007
    I saw a DVD set containing 30 episodes at Suncoast (they have stores out west) for about 10 dollars, and it's available at Amazon for that price. It has a few specialfeatures, like highlights from Lucy's radio show "My Favorite Husband" (the basis for I Love Lucy), and some photos. A pretty good bargain.

Mad_Buck

[8]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 79

A fourth season episode, Lucy, the Gun Moll, is included in Paramount's Season 1, Volume 2 DVD release of The Untouchables. Robert Stack, Bruce Gordon, Walter Winchell, and Steve London parody their Untouchables roles in the episode.

tvking1

[11]Mar 11, 2008

miss_angelica wrote:
    tvking1 wrote:
    I saw a DVD set containing 30 episodes at Suncoast (they have stores out west) for about 10 dollars, and it's available at Amazon for that price. It has a few specialfeatures, like highlights from Lucy's radio show "My Favorite Husband" (the basis for I Love Lucy), and some photos. A pretty good bargain.
    Hello! I was wondering if you knew what episodes were on that DVD? Thankyou.

Here they are:

Disc One: 1. Lucy The Starmaker 2. Lucy Meets Robert Goulet 3. Lucy Gets A Roommate 4. Lucy And Carol Burnett In Palm Springs 5. Main Street U.S.A. 6. Lucy Gets Jack Benny Account 7. Lucy's Barbershop Quartet 8. Lucy And Viv Put In A Shower 9. Lucy And The Substitute Secretary 10. Lucy And The French Movie Star

Disc Two: 1. Lucy Meets John Wayne 2. Lucy And The Fight Manager 3. Lucy And Paul Winchell 4. Lucy Flies To London 5. Lucy Meets Sheldon Leonard 6. Lucy And The Efficiency Expert 7. Mooney The Monkey 8. Lucy And The Ring-A-Ding Ring 9. Lucy Meets Tennessee Ernie Ford 10. Lucy Gets Caught In The Draft

Disc Three: 1. Lucy And George Burns 2. Lucy Meets The Berles 3. Lucy, The Bean Queen 4. Lucy Meets The Law 5. Lucy Gets Trapped 6. Lucy, The Babysitter 7. Lucy Meets Pat Collins 8. Little Old Lady 9. Viv Visits Lucy 10. Lucy And The Submarine

dramafreezone

[12]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm sure all fans of "THe Lucy Show" know, by now, that season 1 was released on DVD in it's entirety. It's great!! I've been looking out for Season 2, but, so far, it seems very evasive, at least according to my findings at comingsoon.com. I saw, at first, season 2 was going to be released early october, then they changed that to "Here's Lucy's" second season, a show I'm not familiar with at all, but for now I'll skip. I then saw The Lucy Show, season 2 was going to be released early november on their listing, then it just disappeared. Wonder if it's being shuffled around like "the nanny" dvd release or if it was just a mistake and all the hooplah was over "Here's Lucy"?

MattM1979

[13]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 2

I have heard that Seasons 1 and 2 have been released, and season 3 should be out soon. What beats me is how the whole series couldn't have been released a few years ago - surely both The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy deserved a release way before now, especially when you think about Lucille Ball's iconic status in comedy.

Every season of corny shows like The Brady Bunch were released a few years ago, but DVD companies don't often bother with every episode of the real classics until now. Green Acres is another - only 3 out of the 6 seasons are available.