The Lying Game Forums

ABC Family (ended 0000)

Season 2

KasenStuff

[1]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 5

Why is it starting so damn late??? This was a summer show. S2 should be starting in the summer.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[2]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 12
    Read about that. A lil' surprised.

johnmarlena422

[3]Jul 7, 2012
    • level: 16
    It did start out as a summer show but there were some problems that delayed production and actually we're lucky it even got renewed for a second season at all. They won't start filming till late summer and as a result, will not be airing until sometime after Jan. 2013 Sucks major ass but I'm just grateful it's coming back at all.

BrookeParker

[4]Jul 31, 2012
    • level: 12
    Just saw the title of the first 2013 episode. "The Revengers". Oooh.

iwatchitall

[5]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 15

The first season felt fresh and interesting and heading in a fun direction, but ever since they got rid of Char, then when Sutton found her mom without us as viewers getting to be a part of that moment, it's had a lot of forced soap opera dialogue only involving the main plot, with little character development, which moves an already unrealistic show even further from reality. Not that plot isn't important or that realism only makes for good escapist entertainment, but the audience must be a part of the motivations, mentality and hearts of our characters for plausibility sake, as they were initially portrayed, to enhance the shows depth instead of glossing over events and writing such shallow spurious situations, ie, Emma's spurious push pull between Thayer and Ethan, Alec's spurious acquittal, Kristen's spurious change of heart towards Alec, and Ted towards Rebecca. They also intentionally miss events that are helpful to build these characters, like showing Sutton lose the tennis tournament and how that would change her behaviour and give us some insight as to her abilities as compared to Emma so we as viewers can peer into that moment, a flashback to Kristen and Ted's young life, and most importantly, doing Emma's backstory as her childhood and life is the only grounded part of the show that brings some depth and realism to an otherwise unrealistic Mercer-Rybek soap opera family life. I've never written for a television series, and it must be tough, but I want some build up to an interesting event, with some well paced plot development, with convincing situations before getting to the main story arc, but the writing staff is all over the map trying to hold the show together and it becomes all too disinteresting like Smallville seasons 6-whatever.

I'll still watch it, even if I'm disinterested with the character development and frustrated with the plot, as the acting is still solid in spite of the writing.

Edited on 02/22/2013 4:50pm

KasenStuff

[6]Mar 23, 2013
    • level: 5
    Season 2 done already or will it come back? What's going on?