The Magnificent Seven Forums

CBS (ended 1999)

Why did they cancel this great series?

roguele_beau

[21]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 31
    Thanks! What about you? Have you written any fics?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angies09

[22]Jul 11, 2007
    • level: 10
    i've tried. if that makes any sense lol. I get all these awesome ideas in my head but when i try to sit and write them they all run together and get too tangeled! its sad really!

roguele_beau

[23]Jul 15, 2007
    It just means your brain is too big! I literally just lay in bed sometimes and let a plotbunny kick around in my head to let the edges smooth out...

angies09

[24]Jul 15, 2007
    wow i totally get my best thoughts right before i fall asleep. too bad im too out of it to write them down. what can ya do?

roguele_beau

[25]Jul 16, 2007
    It's a maddening problem. Luckily for me, I'm an insomniac so I have all the time in the world

angies09

[26]Jul 16, 2007

wow that's no fun, or maybe it is . so heres an interesting little game, let's play "vs"

now my first set...in a battle to pick up the most women at a bar: would Buck win or would Chris?

perplexing though is it not?

roguele_beau

[27]Jul 18, 2007
    Chris, IF he were trying...

How about who would win a poker game Ezra Vs Josiah?

angies09

[28]Jul 19, 2007

Wow hmmm. Well josiah would know what Ezra's like, so he would be able to call Ezra when he cheated. Josiah would also have god in his side lol. But if they played fairly, say if ezra called a truce.... i still think ezra's skill and knowledge of odds would beat josiah. i might be a bit biased here too though, what can ya do?

Ok. Let's say thatVin and JD were being chased on horseback and they both have no weapons, or amo left whatever. Who would be ableto get away the fastest and without injury?who's the better rider? Vin or JD?

roguele_beau

[29]Jul 20, 2007
    Oooh, that's hard! My first instinct is to say JD but at the same time Vin has been 'getting away' for quite some time...

Hmm, Vin final answer

How about this, who do you think could pull off a con more smoothly? Nathan or Josiah?

angies09

[30]Aug 3, 2007

Hey there. sorr about the delay my internet has been on the fritz for the past week.

ok so my answer.. i'd definitely say Josiah, i dont really know why i'd say that but there's just something about him that makes me think he would rock at it. maybe the whole pastor with a bad side thing makes me think he would be good at pulling the wool over someone's eyes.

next VS.... arm wrestling contest..... chris or josiah?

roguele_beau

[31]Aug 3, 2007
    Welcome back!

Hmm, my first response is Chris. He just seems to have 'hidden depths'

Next Vs... Who's more likely to fall in love first Buck or Ezra?

angies09

[32]Aug 10, 2007

hmm well, my initial thought would be Buck because he's the "ladies man". but that fact also makes me think that maybe he would be less likely to actually fall in love, due to his past dealings. On the other hand... Ezra might be less likely to trust a woman because of his track record with them, as well as his psyco mother..... this one might have to be a toss up lol. Maybe it's my biased but deep down i would answer Ezra. Maybe thats just because i wish it would be me lol.

Ok i dono if this is really a vs. but its definitely a scenario thats inticing!

Say one of the team gets in some trouble, for example maybe one of them got captured or something by a bad guy(s).

Now the rest of the team goes to save him and a fight ensues, what have you. If it came down to one of those hostage standoff situations where it's "you or the prisoner" ... answer the following

A: who would be the one captured?

B: who would be the one to give their self up/ what would happen.

I know that's a little long but i've been thinking about how cool a situation like that would be. i've got a few different scenes in my head about that one but i wana see what you think first.

Edited on 08/10/2007 10:02pm
    Edited 2 total times.

roguele_beau

[33]Aug 12, 2007
    You know I like how you think! I'd always hoped Ezra would choose me too!

A. Well the first thing that popped in my head is JD just because he's trusting enough to be an easy mark. Next I would say Vin since he's a wanted man.

B. As for who would offer themselves up, well of course each one of them would do so. But for JD I think Buck would be the first to do so since (though he'd never admit it) he has totally taken JD under his wing. For Vin I think Chris would be the first to step up since the two of them seemed to have such a close bond.

What scenes are in your head?

Ok, hmm...

Who would be more likely to find out they had a baby they never knew about?

JD or Josiah? (I love playing devil's advocate )

angies09

[34]Aug 12, 2007

So i definitely agree with you about the JD/ Buck thing. that was actually the first pair that popped into my head. Vin and chris would totally look out for each other too.

As for my scenes... Honestly, i could see Ezra getting into a poker game and ending up in some serious trouble with a posse or something. He does have a way with words which tends to anger others. It would be cool to see him in a more vulnerable position since he tends to be the cocky one of the group. If this did happen however, seeing as how the group has some trust issues with him, i could really only see Josiah stepping up to give him a hand. Maybe JD just out of compassion but i'm not sure how the others would react.

WOW baby mama drama, nice! Well i'm going to say Josiah on this one just because he's been around longer and seen more places (and ladies) than JD. If it was like 20 years later... could be a toss up.

ok i know i'm kind of moving out of theVS theme but... if you could write the plot to an EZRA-centric episode how would it go?

*on a side note i actually have a little outline to a fan fic. im hoping to get it down withinthe week,so i might use you as a critic lol. Here's hoping it's not crap

roguele_beau

[35]Aug 15, 2007
    Well I've actually already written a bunch of fics starring Ezra. I had to do with an old love of his whom he lost. It also centered around a dangerous enemy from his past back for revenge.

What about you?

Ok I have to do one more Vs. out of all 7 guys whom do you think would win in a fist fight with any of the others?

angies09

[36]Aug 16, 2007

The fics sound pretty sweet! I'd love to see something where Ezra got to "lead" the team, whether it be going after a bad guy or whatever. I seriously think he was under-used on the show!!! He was so interesting. I definitely would, like yourself, like to see him with a love interest. maybe someone who knew him "when", before he was as shady as he is now.

Of the seven....I'd say Josiah could pretty much beat the pulp out of any of them! He's a beast lol.

Oh... just thought of a great VS.

In a battle of wits (not like book smarts. more like insults or a verbal bashing, dissing if you will lol) what pair would make for the greatest/funniest battle? And who would win overall?

roguele_beau

[37]Aug 24, 2007
    Oooh! That's a good one, and hard to answer. Hmm I think I'd go with the easy answer, Ezra of course!!!

How about who do you think is most likely to have the darkest secret in his past?

angies09

[38]Aug 25, 2007

I'm gonna have to say Vin.We know very little about his past, and considering what his profession of choice was before being framed... It seems to me that he would have the biggest darkest secret.

Ok here's one.... what do you think their middle names are? or what would you like them to be?

roguele_beau

[39]Aug 25, 2007
    Oooh that's hard! Hmm...

Chris~ something strong like David

Vin~ I'd say... Robert

JD~ Well we know that Donne I think

Josiah~ I'll say something like Garrett

Buck~ Something he would be embarrassed about like Gaylord

Nathan~ Hmm, what was his dad's name? I'd say he'd be named after his dad or maybe Andrew

Ezra~ I'd guess something religious like Gabriel or Isaiah (sp?)

What would you say?

angies09

[40]Aug 25, 2007
    Chris~ i would say something like Christopher Matthew
    Vin~ Is that short for Vincent? if so i think Oliver would work after that.
    JD~ I always thought that dunne was his last name. but i think michael would work for him
    Josiah~ maybe it's the whole preacher thing but i could totally picture something like moses lol
    Buck~ I really dont know here...maybe thomas... that's all i've got for him
    Nathan~ something classic like Joseph
    Ezra~ I totally agree with the biblical thing, like Malachi