The Marriage Ref Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on NBCIn Season

I could not believe how bad this was

roundup777

[1]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 1

I recorded the Marriage Ref with some optimism. After all, here is Seinfeld, and I am a fan. Here is Tina Fey, and I am a fan. Not since "Meet the Fockers", was I so disappointed. After only 3-4 minutes, I am already writing the Saturday Night Live Spoof. I would get Sarah Palin to play Tina Fey. Marriage Ref will go down as one of those shows memorable for just how bad it was. I think it belongs with "Run Buddy Run" and "My Mother the Car" as one of the worst shows ever. Jerry, for gosh sakes, do a Seinfeld Reunion Show! It might suck, but hard to imagine it sucking worse than MR. In general, I am against government takeovers of private businesses, however, in this rare instance, I think our President should step in and take over NBC. I know he is busy, but times are desperate in Peacock land. Please Barry, if you are listening, bale out NBC. Even Jay Leno is horrible now, and I used to like him. Maybe, we better dust off those scripted dramas and think about a new incarnation of Law and Order. How 'bout Law and Order: Criminally Bad TV Shows.

Edited on 03/05/2010 3:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

numberonecubsfa

[2]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 6

I know right? And it seems so horribly fake too, these couples and their 'problems'

tjaman

[3]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 32
    Oh, it's hardly as bad as all that.

kravitzfan12

[4]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 34
    I think people are looking at this show wrong. The idea is to laugh at the panelists making fun of the couple and each other. This isn't supposed to be actually helping the couples.

I don't think the show is fantastic, but I think it's a great way to wind down before bed.

TeaCake911

[5]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    I hafta agree with kravitzfan, this show features some seriously flawed (in a hilarious way) couples that the celebrities can use as ammunition to make fun of them all night long. Jason Alexander and Larry David so far seem to be the best at this, hence I've liked their episodes the best so far.

The host is pretty weak, IMO-- the only funny thing I've ever heard him say is comparing the 'hotel thief' guy to a squirrel. Jerry Seinfeld should've been the host for this.

Hoeech

[6]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 66
    I tried to like this show. I really did. I'm a huge Jerry Seinfeld fan and I was excited to hear that he was going to be back on network TV. Unfortunately, he's not back, is he? The world was looking forward to Jerry Seinfeld the performer, not Jerry Seinfeld the executive producer.