The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

This show is severely underrated!!

PirateFlapjack

[1]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    I love this show, but it's very underrappreciated. A lot of the time Chowder pops up, even in the Flapjack boards. Don't get me wrong I like Chowder, but I find Flapjack much funnier. Well what I'm saying is I'm tired of Chowder getting the spotlight all the time. And no I'm not bashing Chowder, I watch new episodes all the time. I'm just saying that Flapjack deserves some recognition right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kb55592

[2]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    i agree with you but i guess since chowder came first and is kinda similar to flapjack people talk about it on this forum. just like they did on the family guy forum with the cleveland show.
    Edited on 07/25/2008 9:12am

PirateFlapjack

[3]Jul 25, 2008
    I don't like Family Guy at all anymore, and the Cleveland Show sounds like a bad idea.

kb55592

[4]Jul 25, 2008
    what! you don't like family guy oh my god why?

PirateFlapjack

[5]Jul 25, 2008
    kb55592 wrote:

The humor has gotten severely repetitive, and I hate that Stewie is gay now. Seth McFarlane has destroyed that show for me.

kb55592

[6]Jul 25, 2008
    PirateFlapjack wrote:
    kb55592 wrote:

The humor has gotten severely repetitive, and I hate that Stewie is gay now. Seth McFarlane has destroyed that show for me.
    well hopefully the new episodes will get better and I don't really think stewie is completely gay I just think he doesn't know since he's a baby and all.

PirateFlapjack

[7]Jul 25, 2008
    kb55592 wrote:
    PirateFlapjack wrote:
    kb55592 wrote:

well hopefully the new episodes will get better and I don't really think stewie is completely gay I just think he doesn't know since he's a baby and all.

Maybe I'll change my mind if the show goes back to its roots, and Stewie decides to not be gay But until then I probably won't watch the show.

foamy2345

[8]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    PirateFlapjack wrote:
    I don't like Family Guy at all anymore, and the Cleveland Show sounds like a bad idea.
    the cleveland show is just a big hoast.the intro was from family guy and his new family looks like an african american version of griffin family.this show doesnt exist.if you dont belive me check the vid yourself

foamy2345

[9]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    yeah,i think not enough people realises that its a great show.chowder is stealing all the spotlight

MonsterCreature

[10]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 9

i think CN is trying to over popularize chowder,suppose it is trying to make chowder CN's new "main show",but they are trying to get flapjack more recognition

i just wish chowder and flapjack fans can unite!and become one fan base!

LotsaLasagna

[11]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Flapjack doesn't seem underrated at all, much less "severely".

True, Chowder might have just a slightly bigger fanbase, but have any of you looked at Thurop's favorites? Holy spit.

This show gets all the recognition it deserves.

ilovejn

[12]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    Well it could be because Chowder is a more popular show and a lot of people know about it. It even has a simple title to remember: Chowder. If someone were to say, "Oh did you watch Chowder last night?" people would say, "Oh yeah! Chowder!" But with Flapjack, it kinda has a longer title; no so easy to remember. I ask a lot of people, "Do you know this show called The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack?" and they'll just say, "No." And plus, Chowder's been around longer than Flapjack, so it kinda seems fair that it gets all the spotlight.

Foife5

[13]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    [QUOTE="ilovejn"]Well it could be because Chowder is a more popular show and a lot of people know about it. It even has a simple title to remember: yea! what she said (u r a she, right? )

yea, i'd have to agree, chwoder's been on since novemeber last year and flapjac- wowwwiezz, he just started a couple of months ago, i mean--
    i think it's better if the success doesn't come "overnight", cause the faster it comes, the quicker it leaves :/ buuuuut i still think flapjack has lots of fans, according to tv.com(the forums get crowdier) and jkust check devii-art, there's soooooo many flapjack fans!!
    some people i've asked never heard of it b4, but watched it, bc they've heard it from me *lolz*
    anyways, my software teacher knows "flapjack" (which is soooo cool ), sooooo i dun rly think it's too forgeign *lolz*

Animayshin

[14]Feb 16, 2009

Yeah, Flapjack will probably be more popular when it gets more episodes and characters. Chowder is in no way better then Flapjack.

BTW, I hate Family Guy, and Cleveland Show sounds just as stupid (the neightbors are bears, WTH?). Although Seth's other show, American Dad, isn't as bad.

mitsukigirl13

[16]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 18
    I personaly don't think Flapjack is very funny. I've watched a good amount of episodes from both series.

I like Chowder because it has funny elements from shows like Spongebob and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and yet has it's own uniqueness. It's incredibly funny, and the backgrounds look colorful and AMAZING! It teaches lessons like never give up, and it can be very cute at times. It seems like a show for little kids, but it has some teen and adult humor in there, like Spongebob. Overall, it's very funny and a cute show, in fact I've already bought volumes 1 & 2 of Chowder, and I will probably buy the rest of them.

Flapjack on the other hand, just doesn't appeal to me. Flapjack can be very annoying at times. This show also has a high grossness level. Sure, all shows have a little gross humor, but this has gross humor to the max! Putting a pirate's boogers and ear wax on a duck? Tying a whale's organs into knots? EW!

Also, this show doesn't have any good roll models. K'nuckles doesn't even care about Flapjack, and he's just a lazy selfish bum. Even though he drinks maple syrup, it's obvious he's suppost to be like an acoholic. What is this teaching kids? Be a lazy bum? Don't give a crap about anyone but yourself? What the heck? Also, the characters can look ghastly at times, especially Peppermint Larry and Dr. Barber. In fact, some off the scary things they put in this show could give little kids nightmares! Especially the West episode, which could probably freak out a teenager!

And the backgrounds seem boring and drab. I mean, they're all dark colors! It can be downright depressing at times. The animation isn't that good either. If someone could tell me 3 good things about this show, I'll give it a second chance, but i just don't see any good in this show. It hasn't made me laugh once!

P.S: no offence to the Flapjack fans.

EdFan101

[17]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    yeah it can be a little off when it comes to gags but at least it tries unlike most shows nowadays

CF3689

[18]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 22

EdFan101 wrote:
    yeah it can be a little off when it comes to gags but at least it tries unlike most shows nowadays

agreed

Animayshin

[19]Apr 16, 2009
    mitsukigirl13, you're telling me that Flapjack is less disgusting then Chowder? Come on, one of the characters in there is a living fart. Lets not forget to meantion the other freaky things in the show like the flesh eating meaches, Mung's face looking all withered after Truffles left him, chowder puking up those guys, and let's not forget *shudder* ENDIVE.

3 good things aout flapjack

1. Flapjack is an innocent child. He is not very aware of his surroundings, and this leads him to his many misadventures. he is facinated by whismical things like candied island, and most of us can relate to him when we were/are a child.

2. While it's true that K'nuckles is a douche, he isn't the role model for the show. If the show has a role model, it's Bubbie, who is a caring and devoted mother. K'nuckles has done many bad things, but he has been punished for them

Examples include

Lying to Flapjack (Had all his body parts removed except for his eyes and a hand)

Betting Flapjack in a poker game, and winning a new companion (Got mistreated by Kid Nickles and beat up badly by a banker)

Wanting fame (became laughing stock of stormalong)

Most other times he did something wrong, bubbie yells at him. Also K'nuckles is ugly, smelly, and stupid. Basically they're telling kids not to be like him.

3. Well, you may not like the humor, but that's your oppinion. I happen to like the one-liners, the bizarre characters and places and macabre plots. Well, I don't know how many episodes you watched, but you may like it after a while. I didn't like spongebob or chowder whe I first watched them, but now I do.

ProfessorBecky

[20]Jul 22, 2009

I like Flapjack and I think it IS underrated. Its a good show that I like to spend time watching, same goes for Chowder. They're both funny shows on Cartoon Network.