The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

TVTome_Shadow

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

7.3
  • Another show that prevents CN from making a recovery...........

Flapjack is a show about a boy who seeks adventure. The plot is completely unoriginal Chowder wants to be a chef he wants to have adventure. And both him and Capitan Knuckles are obsessed about candy (reminds me of Ed,Edd,n Eddy). And Flapjack thinks a whale is his mom. Also the episode plots are always the same it starts out with him waking up inside a whale then he and Knuckles look for both candy and adventure then something happens (like the map is stolen to what they think is a map to candy island) then they have to go on this "adventure" then all is well.

Animation- Fair but it could be much better.

Characters- Not very likable.

Humor- Not very good

Overall, Flapjack is definitely not worth a view.
  • shows good.

the show is good on cartoon network from getting a bunch of viewers.including bubbie and the others.footburn and that's a wrap were good episodes.chowder and total drama island is next to flapjack.this show is better than johnny test.but the mute mike story is disgusting and kid nickels is the episode that i think that is not a good episode.the show is good at doing funny stuff including the voices repeating stuff and singing them.its good how they singed in footburn and that's a wrap.cartoon network did a good job at doing the funnies on this show on channel cartoon network
  • I love this show. It is incredibly clever, creative and funny.

I love this show. Reading other reviews, many find that it has crude humor, indecent art and uninteresting story lines. However, some must be reminded: This is a children's cartoon. Kids find farts, boogers and candy fascinatingly funny. There is no need for a complicated plot - the episodes are only 10 minutes long. As a young adult, I look past the farts, boogers and candy and find a lot of terribly clever humor and silly plot lines that are simply (and wonderfully) amusing... especially facial expressions. The characters are fabulous, the stories have morals, and I'm still giggling. A+!
  • Something really special.

Flapjack is seriously good. Not annoying at all. Way too good for kids. Way too good for adults, actually. Most of the stuff they make for adults isn't this good. Demented, Ren and Stimpy style humor. Some of the sounds that come out of Flapjack are disturbing. (Flapjack was almost voiced by Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman, which does give you a good idea of what Flapjack is like.)

Brian Doyle Murray, the voice of Captain K'nuckles, Flapjack's ne'er-do-well best friend, is awesome like always. I love that Flapjack's mother figure is a whale with the voice of a sassy black woman.

This show is beautiful. They're loose with how the characters look in a funky-yet-pleasant way. The lines are thick and the colors are creamy. The backgrounds are wonderfully textured with brushstrokes and whatnot. I love looking at it.
  • i liked the second episode but it could have ended on better terms

i hope sally syrup will return she would make the episodes much more interesting if flapjack had a crush or something that could blossom into a crush. i had thought of the flapjack love interest thing a few months ago and it takes about a few months to make an episode of a show i wouldn't be suprised if thurop saw the messege boards and took the idea for himself and made some modifications like for example she plays a conch at the end of the episode to lure the blood gnats away i thought of my character playing a candy cane flute to lure in flapjack.sorry but it was my idea or it's a coinidence i get those alot. oh well what's done is done but it was done too soon and the other episode was good too. edfan out!!!
  • horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

h o r r i b l e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e! it so horrible the shoy is horrible. h o r r i b l e. a n d. t e r r i b l e. w hy. d i d. t h e y. m a k e. t h i s. s h o w? its horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible. the storyline is horrible. flapjack is a stupid dumb idiot kid that thinks he is a cool adventure. cool idiot maybe.
  • Mavelous? I think not.

Marvelous? I think not. There's nothing exciting about this show to me.
    The plots are very, very simple. It's usually focus ed around one simple point, which doesn't make for a very exciting show. Nothing really stands out.
    The artwork is gross when it's detailed. To me, art is a VERY important part of a cartoon, and this show's art is usually extremely simple or dull, or detailed and gross. And the gross parts come often. That drives me away from this show. I think I would rather watch stick figures. At least those will keep my meals down.
    The characters aren't that great. Captain K'nuckles is a total jerk, and Flapjack is annoying. Bubby seems to be the only character with any sense, and she's a whale!
    I think this is suppose to be a comedy, but I don't see the humor. The jokes are really ones that young children would like.
    The pirate thing is okay, but it's been done before. Plus, I've seen better pirate stories.

Overall, this show isn't anything really anything. It's best for people easily entertained, very young, or lovers of gross things.
  • great show!..

"Advvveennture!" lol flapjack is so funny! i watch this show every time it comes on. at first when i heard about this show, i thought "OMG! another retarded show?!?!" but then i happened to watch a couple of eps & thought it was hilarious! i love the theme song. it's really cool=] i thank CN for makin this terrific show! i hope there's a season 2. every ep makes me laugh! Flapjack is awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome asome awsome awsome awsome awsome awsome!!!!!!
  • This is a pretty good show in my opinion.

I personally like this show,and of all the new shows currently airing and in production on Cartoon Network,this one is the only one that really makes me laugh. I think Flapjack's laugh is cute and Captain Knuckles is funny. Sometimes it's a little weird,but I like it no matter what. I think this is a lot better than TDI or George of the Jungle. The artwork is beautiful,and the animation is good. I don't have much more to say about this show other than I like it and that the jokes are good. The lines and voice acting are pretty good,and they don't use the same joke over and over like Johnny Test does. But that's just my opinion.
    -wolvesrule221
  • I'll take Chowder any day.

3.5
    Pirate cartoon show? Not really working for me. This show can really get on my nerves. Flapjack can get so annoying! And captain Knukles? Well... he's a jerk. Honestly, I don't really get what people see in this show. I'll take Chowder any day. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not much else to say. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • falpjack is good i watch it with brother

flapjack is really cool and i reeally really really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reallyreally reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really eeally really really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reallyreally reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really really really cool i cut paste good
  • A whale, a boy wanting to become an adventurer, and a pirate made mostly of wood who drinks lots of Maple Syrup try to find Candy Island! That sounds crazy to me.

This is a show that you can let your kids watch on their own and know that they are not going to leave the room with a fowl mouth! That is a big winner in my eyes. There is a lot of adult humor hinted throughout the show as is with most kids shows, but this is done in a very tasteful way. Kind of like SpongeBob! The animation is different from any other cartoon show out there right now which is refreshing to see. This has become a new household favorite. I hope you enjoy this show as much as our family.
  • Flapjack, his adopted mother and whale Bubbie and his alcoholic, pirate friend Captain K'Nuckles go on misadventures that could be classified as marvelous.

Cartoon Network is continuing its legacy (preceded by the late "Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy") of children's cartoons with adult-oriented humor. It's a good thing, too, because I'd hate to think kids were getting complacent with subpar writing.

It's just really gorgeous, too. I'm shocked that anyone would say this was ugly. The show has a very specific style of both textured backgrounds and the more cartoony characters and sometimes even working in claymation (Candy Wife, who is a personal favorite of mine). The characters are often animated with gross over-detail, reminiscent of "Ren and Stimpy."

The fact that people are even getting worked up over the allusions to K'Nuckles alcoholism is ridiculous. In fact, I'm surprised they even caught it, as they obviously have some sort of mental deficiency and are all out of chill pills. While a lot of the humor is quite silly, the more more subversive jokes will easily go over any young kid's head. And if they still get it, you should probably be praising them for not being as slack-jawed as their peers.
  • People actually watch this... NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS INTENDED FOR VIEWERS OVER THE AGE OF 10

I could rant On and On and On about how much I hate it, but I want to talk more about WHY I hate it. Some people like this show, good for them, they just don't know WHAT it is. Sure, its "appropriate" for kids from 3 to 6, but Having CHILDREN hug older men, who are alcoholics is a pretty bad image to start our kids off on. Sure its Maple Syrup that "Knuckles" drinks, but he drinks some, then acts like a typical drunk. If parents intend to teach their kids to become vulnerable, alcholics then be my guest, let your kids watch this "childrens show" and see what they turn into. If they were to change it to where Knuckles is told not to drink in the show and "Bubby" to tell flapjack not to hug every old man he sees, then we should go ahead and use shows like Total Drama Island, South Park and Family guy tech our kids values... But what do I know, im just 14 and watched the first episode of southpark in 1997 when it came out. Atleast they teach whats right from wrong, jeeze, our kids will learn to cuss in school anyways, so I don't see the big deal in TV MA and PG or PG-13 shows. They're all the same to me.
  • Captain K'nuckles, that is why I watch this show.

I thought this show was pretty good. My brother says it kind of sucks. It's about Flapjack, a positive kid who likes adventures. He is gullible and hangs around this guy name Captain K'nuckles, who assigns many physical jobs to Flapjack. Sometimes Flapjack is a bit annoying. Captain K'nuckles could be mean to Flapjack but he's very cool (in my opinion). I love the art on this show, especially the one on the black plague with the rat. So, they go on these adventures (or some other thing), usually in hope to go to Candied Island. Some episodes were pretty good I suppose. I just watch this when I'm not doing anything.
  • Flapjack is borrachou.

Flapjack se metiou dentrou de una ballenau, como Pinochou. perou nou es de maderau, solou jugandou al futbol. Este programau fue creadou por el generaul Misteur Flapjack. No me gustau el programau, por esou le puseu 10/0.10, odiou Flapjack. Nunca lou vi, pero nou me gustau. Es peour cada anou, a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z. Comou!q w e r t y u i o p '+ a s d f g h j k l ñ 'ç z x. Si! 100 palabraus justitou! mierdau! me paseu!
  • At First,I thought it was terrible,But It's Actually a REALLY good Show!

This Show is good and Kinda reminds me chowder

The Show is about a young adventurer named Flapjack and his friends Capt.K'nuckles and whale friend Bubbie.This Show is Humorus and I would recommend it to some people who would like it.

At First I thought it would be an Epic FAIL,But It is Really a Funny show that has 2 pirates and a whale having adventures at a place called Stormalong Harbor.

I think it is the only other good show on CN Right now (Besides E,E n E and Chowder) This Show Rocks and I Hope It Does good on Cartoon Network.
  • Would give this show a zero if the rating system would let me, and btw, there's only one word to describe this show: TRASH.

This show is STUPID. It has no point to it whatsoever, I didn't even have to watch 5 minutes of this mess to know that it was a waste of time. All its about is a little boy called Flapjack who's a wannabe pirate and hangs out with this UGLY captain he calls a friend, and all they do is sit back and eat every possible form of sweets and then call it an adventure-garbage! Also, just not to be left out, the animation is disgusting, my dog can draw better than the animators of this show, the plots of the episode are meaningless and the jokes don't make NO sense and are an extremely pathetic attempt to be funny. I don't even know why I bother watching CN anymore, the only real shows that I find interesting are TDI and Chowder (which has its moments as well). What happened to the good old shows like Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc.? Well its a real pity that the great classics had to be cancelled and be replaced by this bull like this that the company claims to be a cartoon, BAH! My final words are to Cartoon Network, and I'll keep em short and sweet................. WAKE UP!!!!!!
  • This show is mediocre, but still gets a few laughs.

I watch this show from time to time, but it's not one of my favorites. However, I don't despise it either. Cartoons rarely make me laugh, and Flapjack is included in this list. The plots are usually clever and origional, and this is what keeps me watching. One of my pet peeves with many modern-day cartoons is animation, and Flapjack is no exception. However, I rarely pay attention to this.

I now need several more words, but have nothing else to say about the show. Oh dear, that's problematic.

fsnj jdjs dhahk afks dgdfg kakd jahdj hfjsf hsjns jdjwe chjad hdjen jf
  • a beautifull,hillarious and wonderfull cartoon filled with adventure and 19-ih century sf

this show is so wonderfull!the plot is cool i like pirates:D the animation is cool and gloomy.i like all the characters.flapjack is sooooo cute and funny(and he isnt gay hes just a little kid comon people!)knuckels is grumpy and very funny,bubbie is sweet,cute and flapjacks foster mom,pepermint larry is hillarious and his candy wife is cool and creepy.and the doctor is like a serial killer!where can you find a cartoon as cool as that?a lot of effort was put in this cartoon and for me its one of the greatest shows ever! oh i need more words :flapjack is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there ya go!
  • Have you ever experienced a show like this? Nope. ADVENTURE!!

I'll try to keep this short, but along with Chowder, Flapjack is one of the few new CN shows that's pulling the network back uphill! The show tells of an adventurous young boy named Flapjack who takes the advice of a washed up old pirate named Captain K'Nuckles. They live inside a whale named Bubbie in Stormalong Harbor and are always trying to reach the legendary Candied Island.

I've seen every episode so far! The animation is very unique and the plots are cleverly written. I find each episode to teach a moral, one of the few shows left to really make that clear. My favorite characters are Flapjack, Peppermint Larry, and Dr. Barber (though he looks kind of creepy). Overall, Flapjack is just the way to go. Like Chowder? Well, go for another Adventure. Adventure!
  • The best cartoon network show.

This show is so cool. Its about Flapjack, a young boy who wants to be an adventureer, his best friend, K,nuckles whos a pirate with metal claws, and Bubbie the caring whale mother of flapjack who is the fastest whale in stormalong. We follow them on their many crazy adventurs to try and find candy island. The person who thougt of this is a genius. And the background voices are a crackup (for example when they were getting two peices of candy). This is the best show on cartoon network and one of my favorites. A must watch show and an instant classic
  • OMG

I love this show. When I first saw promos for it I thought " I'm not even wasting my time on it." But I watched the first episode to give it a chance and now I love it. Bubbie is so funny. K'Nuckles is so mean it's funny. I love every charactor for a different reason. I have seen every episode every to air. I dont want to see this show get cancelled. I need this show or I will die. I always thought pirates were stupid but now there funny. Comedy helps me comprihend anything. I dont even know what I can say about this. All I can say is it is sooo Funny and I love it.
  • There's finally another cartoon worth watching!

First of all, don't be put off by a bad first impression of "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack", because you're not going to get the full effect of this show, until you actually sit down and pay attention to it a couple of times. Sure, it hones a certain brand of humor that not everybody likes, but I think a lot of us who appreciate said humor still avoid the show, because it does sort of remind you of a blatant Spongebob rip-off, doesn't it? Well, you'd be surprised, because "Flapjack" is in a league of its own...

I do catch myself wishing the episodes had a little more depth to them, sometimes, but where the storyline lacks, the characters make up for it. I've watched plenty of cartoon shows, over the years, and so many involve characters that aren't really anymore than... well, cartoons! And so I hardly ever find myself genuinely intrigued by cartoon characters. But "Flapjack's" ensemble of characters play a predominant role in why I watch this show whenever I can. They're funny and realistic (to the best extent they can be) and I found myself automatically attached to each of them. This is a feat, I say, a feat! Bottom line: Flapjack, K'nuckles, Bubbie, and all the rest completely make this show.

And if you're a fan of shows like Invader ZIM, Ren & Stimpy, the Angry Beavers, Courage the Cowardly Dog, or any such cartoons that are bizarre, amusing, and pretty much all-around insane, then I beg you to give "Flapjack" a try. Everything about this show is out-there and like a breath of fresh air.

Long live "Flapjack"! =D
  • Can pirates ever be cool again?!

I never thought pirates could be so lame since 4kids' One Piece dub. I mean, These characters that claim to be pirates only eat candy and talk about friendship. Do they do anything that pirates acually do? Like collecting treasure and pillaging and stealing treasure from other ships? Even if the show creators wanted to keep it kiddy and have the "pirates" only like candy, couldn't they pillage candy from other ships? Or do something to act more like pirates?

Another problem I have with this show: Flapjack's design. It dosen't look like any special effort went into it. I mean, Flapjack is only a stick figure. Anyone with a little talent could draw him. Same thing for the captain and the whale.

P.S. Its not funny!
  • Wow CN has made a decent show for once.

The show starts off with a young boy Flapjack, and a blue adult(if he's even a human) Captain K'nuckles going on random adventures. It sounds like another spin-off, but it isn't its all original. What l like about this show is the following, one how they get away with so much stuff, like one episode where a guy has children doing hard manual labor by powering his mechanical whale. It also has some of the most hideous and repulsive people you could ever imagine, but in a short summary this is a show that is original and funny. Overall:8.6
  • Love IT!!!!!!!!

This and Chowder are my favorite new shows yet! Its funny, its cute, It adventures! The Worst part about this show is it can be destribing. My favorite episode is Looking for Love (IN all the wrong Barrles. mY least favorite is the Sweet Life. This really shows a goood family in my opion. I loe how Bubbie is Like Flapjacks mom well Actual That Justs CREEPY. THis is my Second favorite new show on CN! I hope this show gets 7 or 8 season like I am hoping for Chowder cause they desevre it. Give this show a chance everybody!
  • A young boy named flapjack dreams of being a great adventurer,and find candied island,and with the misguidence of captain k'nukels,gets into some crazy adventures

I love this show,its one of my favorites,its funny,and just makes you want to watch.I love the simple animation,it is what gives it a distained look.The characters are funny and give the show a not wide but diverse group of characters,captain k'nuckels is funny,flapjack is childish and full of energy,and its funny how bubby blames captain k'nuckels for everything and makes him sleep in the barrel.I like the idea of stormalong,a bunch of logs put togather to form a town.Its a great show to watch,its funny and entertainig,and it has a charm to it,with great characters and colorfull settings and backround.
  • Though it may come off a little strange, and even cat and dog, Flapjack surprisingly shines with its simplicity and shows how an eccentric crew of strange characters encompassed within an even stranger writing style can prove refreshing.

I will be not the first nor the last to admit it but I've grown very cynical of animation given the past few years. The best that Cartoon Network has thrown at us are mediocre shadows of animation; Chop Socky Chooks, Johnny Test, and Squirrel Boy to name a few. Truth be known, when it comes to animated creativity since giving their classic and more popular shows the boot it seems that Cartoon Network is going into a spiraling drought. But there do remain a few slivers of hope for the network, and after giving it a few more watches, I really feel Flapjack is one of them if even a small light of hope. The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is simple in concept and animation. An adventurous pirate who seeks a fortune in candy on the legendary Candied Island is rescued by a small, amusingly naive boy named Flapjack and his unusually maternal whale Bubbie. They run into a wide assortment of strange misadventures in their harbor home of Stormalong, which also plays home to a number of very strange characters, friend and foe to our trio alike. And as simple as that concept is, thankfully it's not written so simply. The style in which the characters are drawn makes use of all different shapes, colors and an odd yet amusing variety of facial expressions. The animation seems simple, but it definitely packs a toony punch that has long since been missed since just about every "good" cartoon has made the Godawful transition into 3D. Just the strange designs are enough to catch the eye (K'nuckles, Peppermint Larry, Punzy to name a few.). Seriously, thank God that there are some 2D toons left since the computer animation age has begun, just thought I'd make my relief for that clear before moving on.

The execution of gags, by means of strange substitutions of logic and typical cartoon antics make for a good watch as well. The strange acceptance of sending plague victims to an island and just forgetting them, random singing in odd places of the episodes, and making a complete hassle of something simple as hitting a brake on a trolley to name a few examples. The cartoony antics are another; characters are burnt literally to a crisp when out in cthe sun for too long, limbs stretch, faces contort, again this is the sort of thing I've missed since Saturday mornings spent watching Looney Tunes. (Seriously, why does a cartoon have to be "realistic" to be good these days? Even supposedly more realistic mediums of animation such as anime have their cartoony moments such as "sweatdropping", being hit by large fans, etc.) Just how the strange animation catches the eye is enough to at least give this show a chance.

The way the episodes are written prove to be just as odd as the animation serving vehicle to the ideas. The plots are simple in concept and can come off as unoriginal, but given the antics and the humor mentioned above at least they're done in a funny and original way that makes it worth watching. Sometimes it seems like the episodes fly by just too fast, and you wonder how it happened! And some bits and pieces that just seem random or off-key with the rest of the episode leave you kind of wondering "...What?", but usually it lingers in a good way, like understanding an odd joke. Overall, I think this show is just strangely written enough with an even better blend of characters to definitely give Flapjack a watch. It IS a weird show, but I think that's the idea, and given that it's caught my attention with its at times a tad morbid or just absurd humor, I can safely say that it's definitely one of the better choices Cartoon Network is offering nowadays among the rest of the junk it seems determined to serve up. Go on, and give Flapjack a try at least!!
  • Adventurous. Hilarious. Overall amazing.

Ok. So The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack Is going to have to be one of my favorite shows!
    A show based on a small community that lives in Stormalong Harbor. The main Group consists of Captin K'nuckles,Bubby,and flapjack.
    K'nuckles And flapjck live inside bubby. Who is a whale. Just off the dock of stormalong harbor.
    The idea of the show is that Flapjack want to be a brave adventurer And the whole gang wants to travel out to candy island! And island with candly galore! If you dont understand why candy is important I will tell you. Candy is A MAJOR part of this show. It's the point of peppermint larry..*another character* Who owns a candy bar in stormalong.
    All together This is one show Im seriously hooked on.
    -PirateChowder.