The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

TVTome_Shadow

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Fan Reviews page 5 of 5

7.3
  • Very creative, interesting show to watch

Whoever made this cartoon definitely has intelligence as a part of them. The graphics of this show like the candy wife for example are absolutely pioneering compared to normal cartoons. Flapjack is basically the first of it's kind to do what it does. If you saw only commercials the show is not that great looking but watch it and it puts you in a spell. Shows like this are not very common at all and it is a real treat to be able to see something as cool as this on tv all the time. This kicks chowder's *ss by a long run.
  • At first glance, I thought it was another mediocre cartoon, but now I'm starting to like it.

Hey, everybody! I'm back and I'm going to be a senior in high school later on.

Anyways, I'm here to give my opinion on Flapjack. As I said before, I thought it was one of those random cartoons thrown at us, much to most of our dismay. But then, when I first saw the show, I was a little relieved to see some original humor in the show. This show is about Flapjack(a boy who wants to be an adventurer), Captain K'nuckles(his grouchy role model and best friend), and Bubbie(a whale who treats Flapjack like a son)going on crazy adventures in search of Candy Island for candy. Flapjack sort of reminds me of Spongebob because his cheerful personality. Through the show, there are some references that are based on Chowder, but their mainly they are the puppet segments of the show. Finally, This show really makes me smile in the inside because some parts of the show(like K'nuckles in a duel with the George Washington)can be random at times. If you're sort of patient or like the original 2D animation give this show a try.
  • I Really like this show.

When I first heard of this show, I thought it wouldn't be that great, but I was wrong. I ended up really liking it. The animation is good, and it's really fun to watch. It's not the best show ever, but certainly one of my favorites. I hope that It dosen't get cancelled anytime
    soon. If you think this show isn't going be good, and you shouldn't waste your time watching it, you should really give it a try, especially if you've never seen it before.
    I gave the show a chance, and I ended up really glad I saw it. That's Pretty much my review. -anderson587
  • Tales that follow a young boy named Flapjack under the guidance of a loving whale mother and an old pirate with metal claws!

At first, I thought this was going to be a disappointment like other cartoons CN has been airing lately. But just like Chowder, if you give it a chance, you may just find yourself begging for more from this unusual cartoon! The visual style is definately an eye-catcher and the characters are so much fun to watch! I'm having the pleasure of watching this new show come to life, hoping it won't be canceling anytime soon! I suggest watching this for sake of accepting a real promising show that may make you laugh into a good mood and help boost up some positive expectations for the other upcoming cartoon shows!
  • Surprisingly, it's quite good, and as I see it, it's a little underappreaciated.

Usually, I don't like shows with an ocean theme. But in this case, I'll make an exception. The show is about a boy named Flapjack who likes to adventure with a pirate named Captain K'nuckles and a talking whale named Bubbie. I originally thought this show was a rip-off of both SpongeBob and Chowder, but it's actually only slightly similar, with maybe the stop-motion puppetry from Chowder and aquatic theme from SpongeBob. The voice-actors are decent, and the humor is actually pretty funny. I recommend watching the show before bashing. I originally thought it was going to be bad, but it turned out to be actually quite good. Give it a watch.
  • I love this show!

At first, I thought this show would just be ok. I was SO wrong! This show is so funny and cute! I know that this show does have some gross and weird scenes, but this show is still awesome to me! The character Flapjack is so cute. Bubby is so funny and so is peppermint Larry and his candy wife! I know that this is a ripoff of the show " chowder ", but I still love this show. Like I said before, this show is one of the cutest shows that I have ever seen on cartoon network! I don't why some people thought that this show would be bad!
  • The bizarre adventures of an over imaginative boy, a whale and a self-proclaimed sailor.

"The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" is quite an odd show, especially for Cartoon Network. But in spite of the weirdness this show has to offer, it really isn't bad as I thought it would be.

The show revolves around young Flapjack, an imaginative young boy, who goes to outrageous adventures that often leads him to every twists and turns. Along with him is the overprotective Bubbles, and Captain K'nuckles, a sailor with an ego. Together, the three finds themselves in unusual predicaments, all the while try to find their ultimate destination: the fable Candied Island.

With a somewhat depressing atmosphere, some good humor and decent character design, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack might be a good show (for the kids at least).
1 2 3 4 5 >