The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

TVTome_Shadow

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Fan Reviews (129)

7.3
  • a good show

after the tv hell known as chowder, i gave up on this channel. but after watching this, its one of my favorites. they should cancel chowder and renew this along with teen titans season six and johnny test.
  • This Show Was Ok,Just Never Got Its Spotlight

This show was funny in my opinion, it just never got the audience it wanted. I believe that the show had a very unique story line and should have been improved instead nuked. Now I also do not blame people for saying it was not all that good. But to me I believe the show never got its correct image, therefore the show was called "immiture, wierd, and dull", but honestly it was barely grown show and had only 2 years in Cartoon Networks spotlight. I wish it could have gotten a second chance and I think the humor was excellent.
  • Amazing.

i love this cartoon. they should bring it back.
  • An Underrated Classic!

This show is such a great show, and it really is unbelievable the amount of hate it gets. Pioneered by Thurop Van Orman (Powerpuff Girls, Camp Lazlo), this show incorporates a lot of things I don't like, but makes me like them. For example, I am not fond of gross-out at all, yet the grossness of the show can make me laugh, and it adds a lot of charm to the show (unlike post-movie episodes of that talking sponge). The writing has a ton of thought put into it, and it is made, like most great cartoons are, with the appeal of everybody. Anyone can enjoy the show. Lots of clever jokes, and well written plots. In the contest between Chowder and Flapjack, while I definitely enjoy Chowder, I have always preferred Flapjack. The show just has so much charm. When I first watched the show back in the summer of 2008, I loved it, and I could not believe the large amount of hate it got online. I was shocked. Especially since not all of it was by nostalgiatards, either. But I guess different strokes for different folks. But I surely enjoyed what the show had to offer.
  • This show is NOTHING like SpongeBob

Comparing this to SpongeBob is like comparing Titan Maximum to Megas XLR because they both involve robots. THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE.

While I prefer Flapjack greatly, I'm not going to criticize SpongeBob. Instead, I'm going to state the actual reasons why I believe Flapjack is one of the greatest cartoons to come out since the days of Cartoon Cartoons.

Firstly, the art. The art style is simplistic, but works well. What really adds character to the show is the grotesque close-ups and surreal scenes which give the show a great amount of character and flavor. While attempting to avoid SpongeBob criticism, I may as well point out how SpongeBob completely lacks the former, and isn't heavy on the latter, opting instead for a more conventional type of animation.

Second, the humor could not be any more different from SpongeBob. The plotlines typically choose to mix sitcom ideas with an underwater setting and the humor mixes slapstick and child-aimed humor (and in the earlier episodes, a good deal of innuendo). This show is very, VERY dark for a kids show in a nautical setting, tackling drunkenness, drug (candy) addiction, death, disease, kidnapping, dismemberment, and child neglect (in an ironic fashion). The show also features innuendo and surreality.

The characters are also different, and the amount of personality. While some may compare Flapjack to Spongebob based upon the fact that they are both incredibly happy, Flapjack is more naive, childish, and shows many differences. Bubbie and K'nuckles are parental figures to the boy, unlike the, oddly enough, chosen comparisons. Most characters, including secondary ones, are quite fleshed out, with episodes dedicated to backstories and development of characters.

All in all, Flapjack was and still is a wonderfully unique show with a darker flair than most children's cartoons, a very well-done art style and deep characters. Regardless of one's opinion on it, it deserves to be judged on its own as it simply cannot be compared to any other show (the closest would be Regular Show, but that lacks the feeling of horror, replacing it with conversational dialogue)
  • One of the few good shows that Cartoon Network still had left in it

Such a good show, I watched it for hours on end. Really sad to see it go.
  • Superb

Best. Show. Ever.
  • Really is quite special, same creepy humor that i adored from Ren and Stimpy. if your a sucker for super weird craziness then this is the show for you.LOVE IT PERIOD. ADVENTURE!

ADVENTURE!
  • Another Great show from cartoon network

flapjack is a really good show 2 watch. The whole title is really long though but people just call it flapjack. At first they were showing the mini flapjack shows that lasted about 2 minutes. Now they have the whole half hour show. hopefully it won't be a huge disappointment and then turn in2 some dumb show that no1 cares about. But flapjack is a really good show and stuff like that, and.... y do we have 2 have this b 100 words long? it's really annoying. but anyway i recomand this show 2 every 1. bye people bye cu l8tr
  • In a world of adventurers and sailors, Flapjack is the nuttiest! :lol:

This cartoon makes a good point of not sticking to a single concrete story line. All that's really important to know is that Flapjack is Bubbie's adopted child, K'nuckles is Flapjack's father figure, they're on a search for Candied Island, and that's all that really matters! Everything else, is just purely for laughs! The situations Flapjack gets into are totally crazy, and that's the way that Flapjack likes it! Whether it's helping Bubbie race against a mechanical whale, getting his hair cut for the first time, making friends with a giant female monster, curing a bad case of foot-burn, attempting to sail to the dangerous west, finding out why Captain K'nuckles has wooden hands, trying to beat Punsy McHale in a Pun-off, or just trying to get syrup on a pile of flapjacks, there's nothing to crazy or too insane that Flapjack wouldn't try, because Flapjack is interested in fun adventures, and hanging around Captain K'nuckles, ensures Flapjack there will be plenty of adventures to go around! This show harkens back to the era of comedy nonsense made popular by Tex Avery and Chuck Jones, and I think that's a major reason of why this show works. I highly recommend it as a good way to experience many good laughs as this show is a good form of humor and provides laughter, which truly is the best medicine to cheer one's self up during times of sadness and loneliness. That's why I enjoy it so much! :idea: Enough said, true believers! ;)
  • I love this show. It is incredibly clever, creative and funny.

I love this show. Reading other reviews, many find that it has crude humor, indecent art and uninteresting story lines. However, some must be reminded: This is a children's cartoon. Kids find farts, boogers and candy fascinatingly funny. There is no need for a complicated plot - the episodes are only 10 minutes long. As a young adult, I look past the farts, boogers and candy and find a lot of terribly clever humor and silly plot lines that are simply (and wonderfully) amusing... especially facial expressions. The characters are fabulous, the stories have morals, and I'm still giggling. A+!
  • i liked the second episode but it could have ended on better terms

i hope sally syrup will return she would make the episodes much more interesting if flapjack had a crush or something that could blossom into a crush. i had thought of the flapjack love interest thing a few months ago and it takes about a few months to make an episode of a show i wouldn't be suprised if thurop saw the messege boards and took the idea for himself and made some modifications like for example she plays a conch at the end of the episode to lure the blood gnats away i thought of my character playing a candy cane flute to lure in flapjack.sorry but it was my idea or it's a coinidence i get those alot. oh well what's done is done but it was done too soon and the other episode was good too. edfan out!!!
  • This is a pretty good show in my opinion.

I personally like this show,and of all the new shows currently airing and in production on Cartoon Network,this one is the only one that really makes me laugh. I think Flapjack's laugh is cute and Captain Knuckles is funny. Sometimes it's a little weird,but I like it no matter what. I think this is a lot better than TDI or George of the Jungle. The artwork is beautiful,and the animation is good. I don't have much more to say about this show other than I like it and that the jokes are good. The lines and voice acting are pretty good,and they don't use the same joke over and over like Johnny Test does. But that's just my opinion.
    -wolvesrule221
  • falpjack is good i watch it with brother

flapjack is really cool and i reeally really really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reallyreally reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really eeally really really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really reallyreally reeally really really really really really reeally really really really really really really really cool i cut paste good
  • A whale, a boy wanting to become an adventurer, and a pirate made mostly of wood who drinks lots of Maple Syrup try to find Candy Island! That sounds crazy to me.

This is a show that you can let your kids watch on their own and know that they are not going to leave the room with a fowl mouth! That is a big winner in my eyes. There is a lot of adult humor hinted throughout the show as is with most kids shows, but this is done in a very tasteful way. Kind of like SpongeBob! The animation is different from any other cartoon show out there right now which is refreshing to see. This has become a new household favorite. I hope you enjoy this show as much as our family.
  • Flapjack is borrachou.

Flapjack se metiou dentrou de una ballenau, como Pinochou. perou nou es de maderau, solou jugandou al futbol. Este programau fue creadou por el generaul Misteur Flapjack. No me gustau el programau, por esou le puseu 10/0.10, odiou Flapjack. Nunca lou vi, pero nou me gustau. Es peour cada anou, a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z. Comou!q w e r t y u i o p '+ a s d f g h j k l ñ 'ç z x. Si! 100 palabraus justitou! mierdau! me paseu!
  • At First,I thought it was terrible,But It's Actually a REALLY good Show!

This Show is good and Kinda reminds me chowder

The Show is about a young adventurer named Flapjack and his friends Capt.K'nuckles and whale friend Bubbie.This Show is Humorus and I would recommend it to some people who would like it.

At First I thought it would be an Epic FAIL,But It is Really a Funny show that has 2 pirates and a whale having adventures at a place called Stormalong Harbor.

I think it is the only other good show on CN Right now (Besides E,E n E and Chowder) This Show Rocks and I Hope It Does good on Cartoon Network.
  • a beautifull,hillarious and wonderfull cartoon filled with adventure and 19-ih century sf

this show is so wonderfull!the plot is cool i like pirates:D the animation is cool and gloomy.i like all the characters.flapjack is sooooo cute and funny(and he isnt gay hes just a little kid comon people!)knuckels is grumpy and very funny,bubbie is sweet,cute and flapjacks foster mom,pepermint larry is hillarious and his candy wife is cool and creepy.and the doctor is like a serial killer!where can you find a cartoon as cool as that?a lot of effort was put in this cartoon and for me its one of the greatest shows ever! oh i need more words :flapjack is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there ya go!
  • Have you ever experienced a show like this? Nope. ADVENTURE!!

I'll try to keep this short, but along with Chowder, Flapjack is one of the few new CN shows that's pulling the network back uphill! The show tells of an adventurous young boy named Flapjack who takes the advice of a washed up old pirate named Captain K'Nuckles. They live inside a whale named Bubbie in Stormalong Harbor and are always trying to reach the legendary Candied Island.

I've seen every episode so far! The animation is very unique and the plots are cleverly written. I find each episode to teach a moral, one of the few shows left to really make that clear. My favorite characters are Flapjack, Peppermint Larry, and Dr. Barber (though he looks kind of creepy). Overall, Flapjack is just the way to go. Like Chowder? Well, go for another Adventure. Adventure!
  • OMG

I love this show. When I first saw promos for it I thought " I'm not even wasting my time on it." But I watched the first episode to give it a chance and now I love it. Bubbie is so funny. K'Nuckles is so mean it's funny. I love every charactor for a different reason. I have seen every episode every to air. I dont want to see this show get cancelled. I need this show or I will die. I always thought pirates were stupid but now there funny. Comedy helps me comprihend anything. I dont even know what I can say about this. All I can say is it is sooo Funny and I love it.
  • A young boy named flapjack dreams of being a great adventurer,and find candied island,and with the misguidence of captain k'nukels,gets into some crazy adventures

I love this show,its one of my favorites,its funny,and just makes you want to watch.I love the simple animation,it is what gives it a distained look.The characters are funny and give the show a not wide but diverse group of characters,captain k'nuckels is funny,flapjack is childish and full of energy,and its funny how bubby blames captain k'nuckels for everything and makes him sleep in the barrel.I like the idea of stormalong,a bunch of logs put togather to form a town.Its a great show to watch,its funny and entertainig,and it has a charm to it,with great characters and colorfull settings and backround.
  • Adventurous. Hilarious. Overall amazing.

Ok. So The Marvelous Misadventures Of Flapjack Is going to have to be one of my favorite shows!
    A show based on a small community that lives in Stormalong Harbor. The main Group consists of Captin K'nuckles,Bubby,and flapjack.
    K'nuckles And flapjck live inside bubby. Who is a whale. Just off the dock of stormalong harbor.
    The idea of the show is that Flapjack want to be a brave adventurer And the whole gang wants to travel out to candy island! And island with candly galore! If you dont understand why candy is important I will tell you. Candy is A MAJOR part of this show. It's the point of peppermint larry..*another character* Who owns a candy bar in stormalong.
    All together This is one show Im seriously hooked on.
    -PirateChowder.
  • ADVENTURE

i love this show its about a kid named flapjack with a freind named captain k,nuckles and flapjack was raised by a whale named bubby this is my 2nd cn show with the first being chowder and 2nd being ed edd n eddy well its all about an orphan named flapjack he got raised by a whale named bubby who acts like a mother to flapjack she is very very nice to him and then awile he meets a washed up sea pirate named.........captain k,nuckles he teaches him how 2 be an adventurer and i just love this show it deserves a 10.0 and that wraps it up bye.
  • A boy named flapjack loves adventure and his role model is a pirate named captain K'nuckles

There is a boy named Flapjack born and raised in Stormalong and his mom is a whale named Bubbie. All Bubbie ever does all day is spy on people having no real life of her own while Flapjack has adventures with his role model a pirate named Captain K'nuckles. Captain K'nuckles wants to go to a place called candied island as stated in the theme song. the theme song goes like this Captain K'nuckles: Flapjack! Hey, Flapjack! Come with me, we'll go and see a place called Candied Island!

Bubbie: Who needs Candied Island? It's safer at the docks.

Captain K'nuckles: But there ain't no streams of sodie pop to go drippin' down the rocks.

Bubbie: It's dangerous and risky!

Captain K'nuckles: But adventurous and free!

Flapjack: Adventure - that's the life for me!

Captain K'nuckles: There's lollipop trees and a lemonade sea!

Bubbie: Doesn't sound very good to me.

Others: The Misadventures of...

Flapjack: ...Flapjack! The other characters on this show are Dr. Barber who is a doctor and a barber, A man who sells candy named Peppermint Larry, his wife candy wife who is made entirely out of candy. Lastly Flapjack, K'nuckles, and Bubbie
  • even though I'm 13, i still love this show! why does everyone hate it??

The Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack is so Marvelous indeed. It's a very funny show with some lessons of life. though the only thing that bugs me(You're gonna think it's weird) Is the color it make me throw - up. But that's just the way they make it look piratey i guess. Just why does everyone hate it. Maybe it's because your a bit older than me. who knows? I will admit i am a little immature for 13, A LITTLE! but Flap jack rules. This has been a great cartoon that I've seen in a while. I don't know why but i think this show is similar to Chowder. I have no idea Y. I have one more thing to say... Adventure!!!!!
  • This show is a strange but hilarious imagination...a must for those with a twisted sense of humor.

You have to watch this show!!This show is hilarious!!! I love its originality and would even like to meet the crew behind the idea.I guess its all in each persons sense of humor.I happen to have a friend who looks just like "Peppermint Larry" with the big gums and small teeth.its just a riot!!I have been drawing for many years and have always come up with the strangest characters that you could ever think of.that also why i identify my imagination so much with this show.I could just imagine how much fun these guys have coming up with the storyboards.Keep up the good work!!!!
  • This show is flat out Hilarious!!

I've seen a few episodes of this show, and after those episodes this is now my favorite show. The intro is amazing. The time and effort that was put into the intro is astounding,it's just so unique and funny. I haven't seen an episode of the show yet that didn't make me laugh, it's just such an original and funny show. There is a part in one of the episodes where Kid Nickels beats a fly up with his toes, which is hilarious. Basically the show is near perfect from what I've seen, and I can't wait to see if it gets another season. I will be heartbroken if the show ends after the first season so I'll have to tune in as much as I can, and contribute to the ratings, and anyone who agrees with this review should do the same and watch the show as much as possible.
  • Adventure!

Oh man I didnt think this would be a good show..boy was i wrong.I love the characters ,Especially flapjack,He is up for anything,Especially adventure!All of the characters stick to what they do best and never stop.I love the differences in the animation these people use,It amazes me this show got so big so fast.All of my friends watch and and cant stop watching it! its hard to stop since the show rocks! Its the beggining of a huge series,And a major trendsettor.I really hope this show lasts very long,And i can already tell it will be a long lasting series considering all of the people that watch it.And ending this. Flapjack ftw!
  • Indeed a Misadventure!

Along with Chowder, Flapjack is one of the few new CN shows that's pulling the network back uphill! The show tells of an adventurous young boy named Flapjack who takes the advice of a washed up old pirate named Captain K'Nuckles. They live inside a whale named Bubbie in Stormalong Harbor and are always trying to reach the legendary Candied Island.

For this show, I rate a 9.9/10 just because I haven't seen many episodes. The animation is very unique and the plots are cleverly written. I find each episode to teach a moral, one of the few shows left to really make that clear. Overall, Flapjack is just the way to go. Like Chowder? Well, go for another Adventure. Adventure!
  • Love IT!!!!!!!!

This and Chowder are my favorite new shows yet! Its funny, its cute, It adventures! The Worst part about this show is it can be destribing. My favorite episode is Looking for Love (IN all the wrong Barrles. mY least favorite is the Sweet Life. This really shows a goood family in my opion. I loe how Bubbie is Like Flapjacks mom well Actual That Justs CREEPY. THis is my Second favorite new show on CN! I hope this show gets 7 or 8 season like I am hoping for Chowder cause they desevre it. Give this show a chance everybody!
< 1 2 3 4 5