The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Cartoon Network (ended 2010)

TVTome_Shadow

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Fan Reviews (130)

• I'd rather drown in icy cold water than watch this again!

I think this cartoon is very overrated! This was one of the most annoying cartoons I have ever seen in my whole life! First I'll just get my friend That_TV_Dude's request. There! Alright, I agree with that reviewer. What is it about the new age cartoons that just keep on getting worse? There are some TV cartoons that are actually watchable and there are those that sounded good but fails, case in point The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. The show was about a young boy named Flapjack, his whale Bubbie, and a captain named K'nuckles. Together they would explore the seas in search of the fabled Candy Island, where there is a lifetime supply of candy and get into other various adventures. Now on paper, the idea doesn't sound too bad, but on TV it got executed terribly. The artwork could have been a little better, the colors on everything look either too washed out or too dark and some of the characters look a little disturbing even for kids, but the animation looks great. Speaking of characters, none of them are really that likable and can be annoying, especially Flapjack, but Bubbie was actually the funniest person in the show. The actors could have improved the character's voices, some of them are alright, but why does Flapjack have such an annoying voice and an even worse laughter? I know he's a kid but couldn't they find someone else? One thing that you'll notice very quickly is that the show relies on a close up shot gag with gross stuff as humor. I usually don't mind it, but they keep on using it again and again, it gets too worn out fast and is just gross. Another thing you will notice is that these "adventures" are just basically eating candy or trying to get candy and doing other stuff to make K'nuckles rich, but once in a blue moon they will try to find Candy Island. One thing I definitely caught was that there is a huge lack of women in the show. You got Bubbie and that rich lady, but that's it, you only really see women if they are in a crowd of people but the show has men 98% of the time. This show just tanks for many reasons, too gross humor, annoying characters, lack of real adventures, mediocre artwork, and borderline acceptible acting, with the exception of Flapjack since he was annoying. MMOF could have been a good show but in the end, it just sank to the bottom of the sea and got canceled which is probably best for this mess. I understand some people like this show and that's fine, go ahead and like it, but for me it doesn't work. If you like this show, watch the reruns, everyone else make like a sailor and sail as far away from this show as you can. Its one of those Cartoons that should have never aired! Cannot believe its popular! Happy its gone!
  • Sick show

The first thing I want to say about this show is that it is just nasty.There are so many moments that make me want to puke.Like when flapjack found a seagull and called it his baby,then he went to captin ca knuckles and ripped off his body parts then used a smudge of boogers to make the shape of a mouth on the poor bird.Also I honestly think flapjack is gay, he is always acting like a rapist around his fat friend.
  • Really wasn't that marvelous, except for the animation.

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack wasn't all that marvelous, unless you count the animation and the fact it was set somewhere other than the future. The idea rocked, the execution, not so much. The barber was freaky, and the whale (although a fabulous job by Thalia the Muse's voice actress from Hercules) wasn't as memorable as the muse's. K'nuckles or whoever his name is reminds me of my uncle: he drinks a lot. And I mean a lot. Of what? Here it's maple syrup, but in the real world it'd be equivalent to alcohol. The kid's design is adorable! But his voice is too high and squealy. Also, there aren't too many girls in Flapjack, unless you count the rich lady and other backgrounders. Set sail...somewhere else.
  • Oh great, another one..

Ok most people I know don't like this show at all and I can relate to that, but I was actually curious enough to watch some episodes to see if it was decent. The episodes ideas are usually quite unique which is one of the few things I like about this show but the plot is always ignored to do something else like eating candy, causing confusion and generally trying to be a disobedient moron.

The voice acting is kinda good, but some of the minors have voices that could make anyone's ears bleed. I can also see the art talents in this show but they are usually wasted on sick close-ups on characters that could easily put the viewers off.

Yeah exaggeration on emotions and actions is expected in a cartoon but in most episodes they are just so exaggerated its.. just retarded and not even funny.

So yeah, I'm seeing too many of these cartoons that try oh-so hard to be funny with dark humor and over-used jokes. The old cartoons were so much better.
  • Epic Fail. Just Plain Ol' Epic Fail.

This is the worst thing I have ever seen! They canceled the golden age cartoons for this?! My god! What has this world come to?! Now that ,that's over. I can review. This cartoon is just plain awful. A waste of paper and great ink! It centers around a homosexual kid named Flapjack, his mom (I think) Bubby, and his uncle (or something) K'nuckles. First off: lolwut? What's with these names?! Also, saying that he's homosexual isn't bashing. Because you know it's true. He's as gay as Spongbob (Who I also hate). This cartoon is horrible and shoulkd not be seen by the eyes of children.

PS:
    EW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Not a good show. Horrible to be exact.

Look, this show is just another show that makes CN not bring back Code Lyoko. I think that this show should end. It's stupid. Fine for a kid's show, but not for certain people. I know some people might like this show, and I would prefer you not bash me in any way. I am only trying to show people that this is stupid. Last time I watched that show, I think I lost 5 I.Q. points. Yes, I recovered, with a 128 I.Q., but I suggest not bashing me. This show has bad artwork. Learn something for once, CN!
  • horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

h o r r i b l e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e! it so horrible the shoy is horrible. h o r r i b l e. a n d. t e r r i b l e. w hy. d i d. t h e y. m a k e. t h i s. s h o w? its horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible. the storyline is horrible. flapjack is a stupid dumb idiot kid that thinks he is a cool adventure. cool idiot maybe.
  • People actually watch this... NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS INTENDED FOR VIEWERS OVER THE AGE OF 10

I could rant On and On and On about how much I hate it, but I want to talk more about WHY I hate it. Some people like this show, good for them, they just don't know WHAT it is. Sure, its "appropriate" for kids from 3 to 6, but Having CHILDREN hug older men, who are alcoholics is a pretty bad image to start our kids off on. Sure its Maple Syrup that "Knuckles" drinks, but he drinks some, then acts like a typical drunk. If parents intend to teach their kids to become vulnerable, alcholics then be my guest, let your kids watch this "childrens show" and see what they turn into. If they were to change it to where Knuckles is told not to drink in the show and "Bubby" to tell flapjack not to hug every old man he sees, then we should go ahead and use shows like Total Drama Island, South Park and Family guy tech our kids values... But what do I know, im just 14 and watched the first episode of southpark in 1997 when it came out. Atleast they teach whats right from wrong, jeeze, our kids will learn to cuss in school anyways, so I don't see the big deal in TV MA and PG or PG-13 shows. They're all the same to me.
  • Would give this show a zero if the rating system would let me, and btw, there's only one word to describe this show: TRASH.

This show is STUPID. It has no point to it whatsoever, I didn't even have to watch 5 minutes of this mess to know that it was a waste of time. All its about is a little boy called Flapjack who's a wannabe pirate and hangs out with this UGLY captain he calls a friend, and all they do is sit back and eat every possible form of sweets and then call it an adventure-garbage! Also, just not to be left out, the animation is disgusting, my dog can draw better than the animators of this show, the plots of the episode are meaningless and the jokes don't make NO sense and are an extremely pathetic attempt to be funny. I don't even know why I bother watching CN anymore, the only real shows that I find interesting are TDI and Chowder (which has its moments as well). What happened to the good old shows like Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Johnny Bravo, etc.? Well its a real pity that the great classics had to be cancelled and be replaced by this bull like this that the company claims to be a cartoon, BAH! My final words are to Cartoon Network, and I'll keep em short and sweet................. WAKE UP!!!!!!
  • Can pirates ever be cool again?!

I never thought pirates could be so lame since 4kids' One Piece dub. I mean, These characters that claim to be pirates only eat candy and talk about friendship. Do they do anything that pirates acually do? Like collecting treasure and pillaging and stealing treasure from other ships? Even if the show creators wanted to keep it kiddy and have the "pirates" only like candy, couldn't they pillage candy from other ships? Or do something to act more like pirates?

Another problem I have with this show: Flapjack's design. It dosen't look like any special effort went into it. I mean, Flapjack is only a stick figure. Anyone with a little talent could draw him. Same thing for the captain and the whale.

P.S. Its not funny!
  • I feel that it's time announce that Cartoon Network loves having "idiot shows" invade their network. If you want to watch something smart and educational, tune to the history or military channel.

Here's the basic line of the show. A mentally challenged wannabe pirate named Flapjack teams up with a self-centered jerk named K'nuckles to find "candy island" On the way the adventures are impaired by K'nuckles' poor sense of direction (really pirate like eh?) and Flapjack's incredibly low intelligence, seriously who the heck came up with that. And K'nuckles seems to use Flapjack for personal gain and Bubby the whale seems to take care of Flapjack for some reason I don't want to know. Is there a message children should see? Glorifying mental retardation is okay? Intelligence is not allowed? Dancing like a fool in public is a local pastime for youth? There are no positive moral messages in this show. If idiot conservatives say video games cause violent habits in youth, well I say shows like these are part of the reason why American youth are incredibly stupid and sociopathic.
  • Completely Idiotic! I can only rate it 1, but I'd give it a -5!

People seriously enjoy this show?? Give me a break. Cartoonnetwork is seriously lowering it's standards. I'll begin with the art. It's terrible, sloppy, and it gives me the impression that the artists don't at all care about their work, and have no pride. I am aware animation is hard, but if you're gonna broadcast it, work hard!

The actual show is way way way worse. Flapjack is an idiot pirate, and the jokes are not funny in the least bit. It's one of those shows where you can feel your I.Q. dropping. This is a terrible show-I'd rather watch grass die! It's terrible shows like this that cancel good shows like Code Lyoko, and so many others that suffered the same fate.
  • It won't last 2 seasons. I gave it a 0.1 but I have to give it at least 1.

Flapjack is sort of a pirate cartoon. It is one of cartoon network's worst original shows ever. The worst part of the series is the main character: Flapjack. He wants to be some kind of adventurer, but he acts stupid. It gets so annoying having to hear him laugh or even see him smile. And he talks like he's 4 years old or something. This sho is just as bad , or even worse than Zixx (I thought is was impossibleto be as bad as Zixx is, but congratulations). I think Cartoon Network is just starting to get desperate since they ended some of their best shows, such as Samurai Jack, Billy and Mandy, Ed Edd and Eddy, Bo Bo Bo, and Code Lyoko.
  • The most idiotic cartoon in the history of animation.

I honestly don't understand why Cartoon Network would make a cartoon that encourages children to act like goofballs and eat lots of sweets that causes diabetes. It is also historically inaccurate because last time I checked, pirates didn't care about candy, they cared about attacking citizens, other ships, and treasure hunting. And candy didn't exsist back then. Flapjack's friend K'nuckles is not an excellent role model; all he does is eat candy and he always puts Flapjack in dangerous situations, that is a bad example of being a guardian. The only decent role model in this show is Bubby, and she's a talking whale. Oh and let's not forget Chowder, whose valgur eating habits can influence children to eat more and excerise less, which is not good for their health. Remember children are very impressionable. Not to mention he lacks social skills, that's why he doesn't have any friends around his age. I'm sorry but I don't think there is room in Cartoon Network for two waste-of-everyone's time, idiotic cartoon shows.
  • WHAT KIND OF SHOW IS THIS

You have GOT too be kidding me. Now im hearing good reviews about this show? and now this show has a bannner? WTF. This show is crap. The drawings are VERY poor, the jokes sucks, and the story line is stupid. I rather watch the show "Three delivery" then this show! Every channel has its horrible shows

Nickelodean: Spongebob
    Nicktoons Network: Edgar and ellen
    The N: Degrassi
    now in Cartoonetwork: This show

This has too be one of the worst shows ive seen in a long time. I cant belive people actually like this show. I wish the old cartoon network was back. i want the old shows back
  • Cough... Cough...Cough...Change...Cough...The..Cough...Channel...Cough...Now

1.1
    One thing about this show is that it is one of the most immature shows ever. Why Cartoonnetwork why. Why do you keep making stupid cartoonnetwork shows why. This show has stuff about pirates which I don't like. And the violence is not good at all. I just need to trow-up right now. Because does that captain guy has no skin on his hands because that's just nasty. The main character... Flapjack he looks *** look at his pants the way he talks the way he looks he look like a girl god dammit. To end the reveiw I'd like to say to Cartoonnetwork if you're going to make shows, don't make them immature please!
  • Horrible show!

1.3
    I hate this show so much. It's not even rometly funny. It's just a bunch of BS. They have dull chracters, dull animation,dull humor, it's just an all around dull show. I wonder who even thought of this show. It's so dumb, You gain nothing for it. It's pointless. It's not entertaining it's not fun to watch it's not mind enriching it's just a really bad show.It's like someone just got a pen and a peice of paper and started doddleing something because they were bored. It's so bad thiers not even a word for it. It's just a load of crap.
  • almost as bad as Chowder. ALMOST

1.5
    Hated this show a lot. The characters are the basic definiton of ugly and the show is very poor when it comes to writing decent plot lines. So glad that this is long done for.
  • This is awful!

1.5
    This cartoon right here? This cartoon right here? From just watching it I wanna burn my eyes out then attenpt to eat the remanders with a friggin' spoon! I know it seems alittle serious but uh I really hate this show. Although I'm only 11 I just love the old shows but this? This right here? Oh my god! This is about a lil boy show suspishesly in love with a bird like thingy. I Mean, whoever likes this is just like a newbey! A newbey that watches the new and werid things out on this network. That's why I dislike this so much!
  • Ugggh!

God! This show! I couldn't stand it when it came on TV. Of all the Cartoon Network shows that aired while it was still good, Flapjack was by far the worst. Admittedly, I didn't watch it past the first season, but that's because I found "Marvelous" (Hahaha, no. No it's not) Misadventures of Flapjack so unbearable that I didn't want to continue with it.

The characters by far were the most annoying part of the whole show. It's side characters never left an impact, K'nuckles was a jerk most of the time, the only redeeming character I found was the whale, her tough demeanor combined with that voice, she made me laugh more than a couple times. Then, we have the title character himself. Flapjack is by far the worst part about this show. His voice is grating, and his personality is Ungodly annoying! If your main character is this unlikable, then that doesn't bode well for the show itself.

Also, I don't like this animation style. I'm aware that it's the same as Regular Show, and really, what're the differences between the two. They're both really bad cartoons with annoying and unlikable characters. The show's drawn in a way that makes every character look ugly. The only show where it's any good is in Gravity Falls, cause at least the humans are drawn to actually look like humans in that show. As for the show's humor... What humor? There really was none to be found.

I can't believe that Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack lasted three seasons. Did people really like it that much? Cause I can't find any redeeming factor for Flapjack accept for the sassy whale. Oh well, I'm just glad this stopped showing on TV. If it does ever come on again though, STAY AWAY FROM IT! It's a horrible cartoon.
  • The Completely Horrid Misadventures of FlapJack.

Pirates. Candy. An incredibly messed up kid. And another Pirate accompliss who makes Maple Syrup look like alcohol. That's The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack for ya! A show that probably scarred most of the younger viewers of CN for life mainly because this show was Weird, Stupid, completely unoriginal and had like 5 great gags in the entire series. I can't get into this show, I just can't, I don't understand how people watch this without picking up their remote and flipping the channel. And this replaced what? The recently ended Ed Edd n' Eddy? Oh my God...
  • What? Ugh.

Also one of the most annoying cartoons, this receives the title. This one annoys me in every way, there are some good parts that can make me laugh, but no. Those gross jokes are getting cliche and overused. Flapjack is annoying, K'nuckles is the only one good here, and Bubby is also annoying. The voice actings and the other characters are also irritating too. Plus it's quite stupid and brain-dead. It's stupidity is really high. Now the concept of the show is somewhat interesting, but no. They ignored it. And this show, has a lot of mistakes, mess to clean up.
  • Interesting concept, terrible execution

• Unwatchable.

2.5
    This show is disgusting. The characters and backgrounds are disgusting, and the plots are either stupid or gross. There is some funny humor, but not enough. This show should have ended, and not Chowder. I do not think that this show deserves to be on cartoon network. If you haven't seen it yet, don't watch it. This show defines terrible. Overall, this show gets:

25%
    .5 out of 5 stars

This show is really creepy and disturbing, and it needs to end as soon as possible. This is my review of The "Marvelous" Misadventures of Flapjack. alisao64, onto the next review. Bye.
  • I'm glad this got canceled....

2.5
    While this show was full of promise and potential, it was all ruined by the disturbing and gross content this show show produced. The whole show was basically random, and this show made me feel stupid whenever I watched it. Not to mention the show is boring, but yet also has a creepy side to it. I think they should have kept Chowder on the air and gotten rid of this hunk of garbage instead. Chowder is a classic cartoon that actually knows how to make random, bizarre plots while Flapjack is just a piece of crap.

Deranged Lemur over and out!
  • I think it's time for this show to walk the plank.

A cartoon about a small boy named Flapjack who loves to go on adventures and hangs with this guy named Captain K'nuckles. The two of them try to sail to a magical place called Candied Island but never successfully get there because of strange things that stops them. I bet there is more to it but I don't really know.

What I think of "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack"

GOOD STUFF
    Nice unique sea and pirate-style feel to the show.
    Some episode stories are at least okay.

BAD STUFF
    Gross humor.
    Dull and nasty art and character design.
    Episodes mostly feel indifferent.
    Most of the character's voices sound very similar and familiar a lot.
    Stop-motion animation scenes aren't so pleasant to look at.

Now this show is funny at times but it can be unnecessary most of the time especially the way Flapjack talks and the things he does is just like Spongebob Squarepants. I think the show just has a few laughs and the art can just draw you away and make you watch better cartoons out there like "Dexter's Laboratory" or "Animaniacs".
  • Another show that prevents CN from making a recovery...........

Flapjack is a show about a boy who seeks adventure. The plot is completely unoriginal Chowder wants to be a chef he wants to have adventure. And both him and Capitan Knuckles are obsessed about candy (reminds me of Ed,Edd,n Eddy). And Flapjack thinks a whale is his mom. Also the episode plots are always the same it starts out with him waking up inside a whale then he and Knuckles look for both candy and adventure then something happens (like the map is stolen to what they think is a map to candy island) then they have to go on this "adventure" then all is well.

Animation- Fair but it could be much better.

Characters- Not very likable.

Humor- Not very good

Overall, Flapjack is definitely not worth a view.
  • This show just sucks.

I don't know why I had even watched this, it sucks so bad. It may be related to Chowder, in terms of animation but when it comes to funny, this show is horrible. And then there's Flapjack, his voice is so annoying and he's so stupid that when you watch it you get dumber for even having watched it. Seriously, my IQ dropped a point when I watched this crap. The storyline is just retarded. Who ever wrote this should be sent to jail, for ten years and have their animation education revoked. I feel sorry for the show that got replaced by this crap.

All in all a 3. Only because it's related to Chowder in some way, it's more of a ripoff then anything.
  • Overrated!It's not that great of a show to watch.

3.2
    It's overrated beacuse of a few reasons.

1.Plot-Boring and terrible.Pirate is getting candy.How lame is that.Pirates want the treasure full of gold and jewerly.

2.Jokes-the jokes don't make sense at all.

3.Animation-absolute garbage.

4.Characters-uninteresting.

I gave it a few chances.What Cartoon Network are you thinking.You finally hit the right direction with Chowder.Flapjack do not deserved to be compared to Chowder.I mean Chowder have more originality than Flapjack.This is another hit or miss type tv show,more miss than hits.This show was a total letdown.Overall in my personal opinion it's just another overrated show in Cartoon Network along with Ben 10,Foster's,and TDI.This is LSUstinks11 tellling you a good night.
  • Am I the only one who notices so much illogic in this show?

3.5
    The only thing about this show that amazed me was that it lacks common sense. I stopped counting parts that didn't make sense after 20 or so.
< 1 2 3 4 5