We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Submission Guidelines

pisceandreams

[1]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 40

Grammar: I like people who write well. That said, I realize not everyone is as anal about grammar as I am, so I will cut anyone some slack and overlook a few typos or mistakes. If I find more than five, generally I will reject the submission. Use italics for the title of full-length films, televison shows, albums, plays, books, journals, and magazines. Use quotation marks for the title of episodes of a television show, songs, short stories, film shorts, one-act plays, and articles.

Rejections: I always give reasons for submission rejections, so if I tell you how to fix your submission then you are more than welcome to resubmit it. If I tell you that your submission is unacceptable under any circumstances, then please don't resubmit it as is, as I will reject it again for the same reason and I will not look too kindly on any of your future submissions.

Quotations: The speaker should be bold and followed by a colon " : ". The colon should not be in bold. Placing a speaker's name in all caps instead of bold is not acceptable formatting. Quotation marks are not necessary. The only time you have to use them is when there is a quotation within a quotation, and use single quotes 'x' as opposed to double quotes "x".

Phyllis: Did you know the male bee is nothing but the slave of the queen? And once the male bee - how should I say? - umm, has serviced the queen, the male dies. All in all, not a bad system.

Any supplementary notes for a quo
    tation should be italicized.

Mary: (on the phone with Rhoda) I know no one's supposed to be here, but I just heard the elevator...no I can't call the police, what am I going to say, that I heard an elevator? I have to wait until the killer's off the elevator... (hears people at the door) there he is! And he brought his gang!

Notes: This section is reserved for off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia.

* This episode won the 1973 Emmy for Best Directing in a Comedy Series.
    * Ed Asner (Lou Grant) does not appear in this episode.

Trivia: This section is reserved for any on-screen trivia and information that isn't inherently known from watching the show.

* This episode marks the first appearance of Georgia Engel as Georgette.
    This is the first time the viewer sees the hallway and staircase outside Mary's apartment.

Also, the trivia section is reserved for all goofs, including continuity errors, and they should be labeled in bold and followed by a colon " : ".

Goof: When Rhoda starts to tell Mary and Phyllis about the beauty pagent, the front door is open, when Phyllis says, 'I'm so glad that you said that about truth, Rhoda,' the door is closed, then in the next scene it's open again.

Continuity Error: When talking to Rhoda, Mary tells her that she introduced Ted and Georgette. But in the season 3 episode "Rhoda Morgenstern: Minneapolis to New York," Ted and Georgette meet at a going-away party for Rhoda at Mary's apartment by introduced themselves. Georgette was a co-worker of Rhoda's at Hempill's Department Store at the time.

Please note: Debates are to be carried out in the forum ONLY, and will not be acceptable as submissions under either Notes or Trivia.

Allusions
    : This section is reserved for episode titles, quotes, or actions that make reference to real life events, people, television shows, films, or music.

Episode Title: Party is Such Sweet Sorrow

This is reference is derived from a line in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet: "Parting is such sweet sorrow."

Edited on 11/25/2007 6:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.