The Master

NBC (ended 1984)

Gislef

The Master Fan Reviews (3)

• A cool ninja show.

Ninja movies and tv shows were so popular during the 80s. Most of them were silly looking mindless martial arts exhibitions that lacks plot and substance but The Master was an exception. The Master was truly one of a kind show that mixes american narrative with oriental themes. The show was complete with central characters, adventurous plotlines and amazing action scenes. Each episode of this show promises lots of actions and compelling stories. This can't be accomplised by a lot movies such as american ninja series. This show struck the right cords and proves that amazing fight sequences don't mean much if it lacks an equal intriguing story.
  • When you are 12 yrs. old this show, like A-Team, Knight Rider, etc, has to be one of the fondest memories of American television.

I can remember watching this show when I was a kid and loving every minute of it. I would be watching the show and I would have my G.I. Joes delivering some chop-sake-justice to each other and mimicking the action scenes of the show. It was awesome. I haven't seen the show in some 20 something years so I'm sure it would not hold up well, sort of like A-Team (thousands of rounds an episode and the team only got shot once a piece in 5 or so seasons) and Knight Rider (aren't you hot always wearing black in the sun?).
  • The Master was a short-lived TV series that was cancelled due to very bad and low ratings. Nevertheless, it was a complete waste of time in my opinion. I like great shows like MacGyver and Doctor Who. The Master was a very stupid show. Lee Van Cleef

2.9
    played the tittle role of the Master. The Master could kick butt. This was one dude, who could kick butt. This guy was the one man you dare not fight. He had the advatnage of being cranky and hateful at times. He knew his limitations, and the show went downhill fast. Now I am not saying that this show was entirely stupid. There were times he could show bad guys how he could take them down. He also played the fool at times, and he didn't sucker fools gladly. He took bad guys down and he knew how to defeat them.