The Match Game

NBC (ended 1969)

Benhallums1

The Match Game Fan Reviews (3)

• review

It would be nice if you actually had starts on this show, the only one I have seen is Catherine O' Hara the rest aren't stars, I love the concept of the game show and watched it way back when Greg is good I like him but why do shawn , deb, emma have to make such a big production every time they are going to show their answer, they seem to do a song and dance and have talk and talk and then show there answer very annoying, and who is this Amanda? never seen her before, I didn't really take to Emma when she is on the other game show either, every time they get to these people they all think the show is about them and want the spot light but its not, get some real stars on this show! Don't mind the host he is good to!!! and does shawn really have to throw his cards all over the place all the time as well? very annoying just my opinon from what I have been watching that's all!
  • A classic game show that started seriously.

Not like the 70's version, there were no raunchy answers allowed. The game was played seriously & the questions were Family Feud type (which spawned the idea 14 years later). The series was also sponsored by Proctor & Gamble.

The very first television theme song that I ever remembered was "A Swingin Safari", written & performed by Bert Kaempfert (Billy Vaughn & Bill Justis also had good versions of that tune).

Being that I was a kid, I still remember that the Telephone Game's all time biggest payoff was $2,600! What else did I like? The famous SHIP'S BELL!!!, when somebody won the game or the Telephone Game. That sound effect was also used for The Daily Double (on the original Jeopardy!), Snap Judgment & Shoot For The Stars.

• What is there not to love???

This is an all time classic game show. It has humor and comedy. You get to see many different stars outside of their element as character in shows, It shows us just how many others think and have fun all at the same time. It is a show that could still be running today with a whole new set of stars and contestents. It brings fun to those who play from home. It is a gameshow that withstands time.
BUZZR