The Match Game

NBC (ended 1969)

Benhallums1

The Match Game Fan Reviews (2)

• A classic game show that started seriously.

Not like the 70's version, there were no raunchy answers allowed. The game was played seriously & the questions were Family Feud type (which spawned the idea 14 years later). The series was also sponsored by Proctor & Gamble.

The very first television theme song that I ever remembered was "A Swingin Safari", written & performed by Bert Kaempfert (Billy Vaughn & Bill Justis also had good versions of that tune).

Being that I was a kid, I still remember that the Telephone Game's all time biggest payoff was $2,600! What else did I like? The famous SHIP'S BELL!!!, when somebody won the game or the Telephone Game. That sound effect was also used for The Daily Double (on the original Jeopardy!), Snap Judgment & Shoot For The Stars.

• What is there not to love???

This is an all time classic game show. It has humor and comedy. You get to see many different stars outside of their element as character in shows, It shows us just how many others think and have fun all at the same time. It is a show that could still be running today with a whole new set of stars and contestents. It brings fun to those who play from home. It is a gameshow that withstands time.