We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Maxx Forums

MTV - Music Television (ended 1995)

No second season

TheSwordDancer

[1]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 6

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m kind of glad there was no second season to The Maxx.  I did love the way it ended with Maxx going to the green house and all.

It may not answer everything at the end, but that’s not very important to the show in my opinion and if you really want to now how it ends, then get the comics 

Anyone agree?  Yes? No? Maybe?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zanshinkyo

[2]Jul 15, 2006
    • level: 28
    I would NEVER say I was glad there was no second season, but I have to agree with you that the series ended well, though I felt a bit too soon.

I was rather confused as to why Julie went away, and wanted to know more.

I would have loved it if there was more Maxx, as one season was certainly too short.

Still I can see where you are coming from. A lot of shows just go on forever, long after the writers have run out of ideas.
    While I can see that some people get upset with series that go on so long that they sacrifice integrity.  Still, it's impossible as fans to know where that line is drawn.

mizasterj

[3]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree completely.
    Seeing where the story went in the comics after the tv show,
    a 2nd season might not have been near as appealing as expected. The foundation for the tv show seemed based on the relationship between Maxx and Julie. Whereas the 2nd season would have had alot lees to do with them, and probably mostly focused on Sara and her Dad.( probably not quite as interesting ) I think fans would be expecting to see more of Maxx in his costumed glory, and in a 2nd season they might be dissapointed by the lack of.
    The show had a good ending for the most part and a second season might have changed all that for the worse. Although some of the remaining plotholes from season one get filled in with issues 21# and beyond alot more confusion ensuses.
    Tough to say if a 2nd season would have worked.

cjclifford

[4]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 6
    I would have loved a second season. I have a few of the comics that take place after the toon, and it was certainly just as interesting. Oh well.

GavinGibbons

[5]May 27, 2008
    • level: 29
    I've just finished watching the series after about 9 years and loved it, i was wondering what happens after Julie leaves and Maxx removes his suit? many thanks