The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Premiered Apr 02, 2006 In Season

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Fan Reviews (36)

• This show is so funny, and very enchanting.

I really like this show. It's so funny, and very enchanting. What I mean by enchanting is that the show's dialog, and humor will suck you into the series. This show is about Kyon, a normal high school boy who after meeting Haruhi Suzumiya, a beautiful, quiet girl who in fact is NOT an alien. She's an Earthling just like Kyon. Haruhi does not care about humans, she only cares about beings with god-like powers. After Kyon talks to Haruhi, she wacks him against her desk, and comes up with a club name. Haruhi names the club, The "SOS Brigade". Haruhi recruits Mikuru, a time traveler, Yuki, an alien magician, and Itsuki, an esper. The five of them have crazy, supernatural, and some sports adventures together. The humor in this show rocks! Most of the scenes, and jokes are hilarious! Although the overusage of the sexual innudo did kind of tick me off. I feel bad for Mikuru, because Haruhi always picks on her. I know Mikuru is really cute :), but I kind of think that Haruhi is raping Mikuru. Poor Mikuru :(. Mikuru is my favorite female character, and Kyon is my favorite male character. The dialog in this show is really good, although most of the long talking scenes kind of got boring. The music in this show is excellent! I like the ending theme, and Haruhi's singing at the arts festival. Overall, awesome show, lovable characters, hilarious humor, great dialog, excellent music. One more thing to add, I somewhat wish that this show will have a second season. It would be cool :).