The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00

Aired Unknown Apr 02, 2006 on

• Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! Hahaha!! Haha.... heh... All right, I'm gonna try and contain my laughter.... Cuz this ep was friggin funny... I'm new to Melancholy, this was the first ep I've watched, I've really looking forward to watching the rest... I understand that it's probably confusing to begin with, but man, I just laughed so hard at the cheesy dialog, the pathetic action scenes, the cameraman's comments... And I could totally see myself doing something like this with all my friends. They would probably take a lot of convincing, but i could probably get them to do it... Very funny episode!! I have nothing else to say, but I need to use up the hundred word limit, so... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
  • Poor Kyon, have to film such a funny, low-buget film...

NOTE: This episode is in actuallity, no responce to the rest on the series, so it counts as nothing into the series.

Mikuru Asahina. In the world, she's a bunny girl mascot taking part time jobs. In reality, she's actually a maid warrior from the future, taking sure that Itzuki Koisumi's ESPer powers aren't revealed, to Yuki Nagato, a alien/witch. It had changed to a story of survival, to a romantical maid story, to a romance 3 triangle.

It was more funny than interesting

Well, for first thing, Kyon's narrating this story, which is the most FUNNIEST thing in the place! THe camera takes into moving in weird angles. The special effects, though fake, looks so stunning! The acting acts SO much like they were robots, thought it's natural for Nagato. And, the contuinty? It's just... not good.

Which why it's funny.
  • Very scary, nerve-wracking for an anime newbie...

I Don't really know how to describe this episode...now, after I've watched it I see that people say you shouldn't watch it first...it was so confusing! I give it a seven, only because, I think if you see it in whatever order you're supposed to see it in, (I'm guessing watch it last), then it would be really cute and funny. But if you're attempting to get into the series and first start out, I would give it a zero because it makes me not want to even watch the series. For someone who is new to anime, such as myself, I would advise you not to watch it, or tell whoever you're telling to watch it not to watch this episode just yet, because it will make them not watch to see The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which is a really great anime... (does that make sense...?)
  • Wow, I could actually see me and my friends doing this!

Wow, this was like... Just wow. Everyone in this show is a pretty crappy actor. But I could see me and my friends doing some kind of show like this. I would be Yuki, the witch. Knowing Bryson, she would probably want to be the green haired zombie. A. would be Mikuru and Alec would be that guy who tries to kiss her. Sorry, I forget his name! '^^ Well anyway, this was unbelievebly pathetic, but also very hysterical. So that's why I'm giving it a 10, even though it was a total piece of crap. But crappy in a funny kind of way. ;)
  • Whatever you do, don't watch this episode first!

I love the Haruhi Suzumiya series, and I highly recommend watching it, but whatever you do, don't watch this episode first. I unknowingly did just that and I almost didn't continue with rest of the series at that point. If I had quit there, it would have been a terrible shame because Haruhi Suzumiya is now one of my all-time favorite animes. This 00 episode is not really an episode. It is meant to be a school project that is created by the main characters in the story. If watched in that context, and after you know the personalities and circumstances of the characters, it is actually really funny. However, from the numbering scheme and broadcast order of the episodes it seems like this should be the first episode. Not true. It is actually the 11th episode chronologically, and makes no sense what so ever when watched first. I guess it can all be rationalized in Haruhi's world because she prefers things to be abnormal.