The Mentalist

Black Cherry

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 25, 2012 on CBS

• There's always choices!

Says Jane to Lisbon as he tries to convince her to drop the charges against the girl who fired the gun.

Inevitably, she gives in and gets the girl off but you have to wonder how many times Lisbon will accede to Jane before reality kicks in and she realises it's pretty much a one way street?

OK, maybe Jane is trying to keep her at arms length to foll RJ into believing she isn't important to him but we already know that ain't true and RJ knows it too.

The case this week was pretty standard Mentalist with a decent amount of humour thrown in to keep us happy. I particularly liked Jane taking the golfer at the start down a peg or two.

When three guys showed up at the "sting", even Jane was surprised but I reckon the opportunity to get Him and Lisbon a bit closer was lost.

Anyway, as ever, looking forward to next episode as this show is always worth a watch.