The Mentalist

Black Gold and Red Blood

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 05, 2009 on CBS

7.8
  • Boring and bad episode in which Jane manage to solve everything and the rest of the team seems to be bad at their job?

2.5
    In the beginning I really loved this show but it's getting worse and worse. I was kind of disappointed by this episode. Ofcourse it's fun that Jane can help the team out and that he knows a lot and sees a lot that the others obviously don't. But in my opinion it's already for a long time that I don't even know why the rest of the team is there, they don't seem to be good at their job. It's always Jane that sees and knows everything. And that especially goes for Lisbon. It seems like Lisbon isn't as good at her job, and that they need Jane to close cases as Lisbon stated in this episode. I think they should give Lisbon and the team more credit, they haven't become cops by doing nothing I suppose.. What also annoys me that Jane always gets EVERYTHING done that he wants. So unrealistic, like the guy he phoned and then got in prison, what a coincidence that his plan worked and that he came in the exact same prison etc etc. I think the plot is becoming very superficial throughout all episodes. I really hope the show will become better.