The Mentalist

Blinking Red Light

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2011 on CBS

• This was the best episode of The Mentalist in Season 4 for me.

Apart from the way Jane manipulated the SJ Killer into condemning himself to RJ's wrath, I love how Lisbon worked on following her instincts and the scene where she and Van Pelt searched Haibach's house was almost as spectacular as it could be. You could actually see Haibach's thoughts with the way he physically and gradually broke down under Lisbon's piercing gaze. The entire scene was awesome in its right. As soon as I saw that shifty man, I knew that he was going to be a suspect but that song on the iPod nailed it for me.

However, I liked the way this episode was tailored. We did not get the usual Jane figuring out the killer at the end. The minute I noticed how obvious they made the killer in the middle of the episode, I was so sure they had something planned. It's nice to see a RJ-episode once again. Now, we get to see the vengeful Jane that I have missed so much this past couple of episodes.

As for Van Pelt and Rigsby, those two need a new dimension and I would like to see more Jane-Wainwright moments. This is the first boss that I have actually liked in the beginning. I'm just hoping he won't turn up dead or as an RJ spy at the end.....

MNT