The Mentalist

Brown Eyed Girls

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 27, 2014 on CBS

• Brown Eyed Girls

The human trafficking story could be good, but it depends on how edgy they want things to go, and CBS rarely pushes the boundary. As for the Lisbon/Pike story, I could not be less interested.
  • Breaking hearts??

I love this show, but Pike need to be a real heart breaker??? Maybe be one the secret list of the Red John whit out the tattoo back to solid 10's ratings like the episode Violets.

That is the main reason Jane is in the FBI after all because that "LIST".

Abbott is partner whit Jane better of any one else right now
  • Brown Eyed Girls

Great episode - really enjoying the new "Mentalist" - Patrick, Lisbon and Cho are so good!!!
  • Brown Eyed Girls

The Mentalist had a strong run with the last couple of episodes and this one continued the trend. I liked the story line, it was good to see the "old" team of Lisbon, Jane and Cho work together. Though the ending was rather sad. Lisbon looked quite okay at first with Pike but as soon as she had to tell Jane it looked like she was trying so hard to be happy while her smile and actions looked rather forced. And the utter surprise and despair on Jane's face after she told him about Pike's request to move to DC with her - he was clearly stressed. Now the question remains - will he do something about it and if so, what?
  • Heart break

This episode for me was a solid ten. The human interest story arc is excellent. Who would have guessed that Abbot and Jane would work so well together. Classic moments. Kimball Cho effecting an accent so perfectly. The look of surprise on Jane's face. The utter despair on Jane's face when Lisbon told him about pike's request was heart rending
  • Con Te Partiro

Intriguing show this week, combining a decent storyline with a possible new "super-villain" and yet more heartache for Jane.

The morons at CBS continue to prat about, not telling the MILLIONS of Mentalist fans what is going to happen series wise and quite frankly, they deserve NOT to have the people that have stuck by this show for so many years.

Anyway, this story built up nicely and reflected Jane's remaining inability to let go his past, when the primary victim died right in front of him. His apparent sense of loss was palpable and still, Lisbon is right there, with him.

The start of the ep showed Lisbon & Pike's growing intamacy but throughout, signs are there that Lisbon isn't quite sure that she has Jane's blessing (why she would need it after this time is beyond me) and the final shot of Jane who is usually so arrogantly certain of what to do, looking lost was simply heart breaking.

Exactly what the writers are trying to achieve, obviously but still so sad.

Some nice touches throughout the show included Cho being an expert CB'er, Abbot taking part remarkably willingly in an across the border "sting" and Wiley providing solid support as usual.

Cho, also, seems to be very invested in this probably ongoing investigation and "go to" Cho is always a welcome sight.

Very few chuckles this episode with only an estimated half the girls rescued but it certainly looks as if the writers are hyping up the Jisbon pairing for either a huge fall or a glorious finale.

My view is pretty simplistic in that Jane is the main character but unlike other similar shows, Lisbon has become indispensable to the success of the show, going forward.

Sadly, while I DO believe the show could go forward without her, it would pretty much destroy The Mentalist and be the death knell.
  • So, they already started to say goodbye

I think that is a bad sign for this show.