A The Mentalist Community
CBS (ended 2015)
I think It might be Bret Partridge... Hear me out:

We saw a conversation between the three people with the 3 dots, where one of them asked "How much does he know?" (I think it was Bertram, but not sure...) and if one of them was RJ, then he should know, because he knows about the list (from s05 final), and besides, RJ should sound more Omnipotent, and less "knowledgeless" or "insecure".
I think that RJ used the tracking Van pelt put, to fake his own death- and then he kidnapped lisbon-he was at the scene of the crime... I think t would be a nice twist (that I spoiled for u all - MWahahahaha [evil laughter])

Sorry 'bout the language, english is my second language, so please don't be a grammar nazi too much.

BTW:
- You can use curses in comments if it would make u feel better, but please also use logic and back your opinion with good arguments, and not just write "F@ck U" for 1392 times and post it...
10 Comments
Comments (10)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
i'm pretty sure that red john's voice in the promo is Willie Garson's (actor from White Collar), but still, who knows...
Flag
a character who never passed as a suspect... jason cooper
Flag
i'm still waiting for partridge to show up.... you're probably right, I said all what you wrote from the beginning... Hope it turns that way so it could be very interesting. Actually from the beginning of the TV series every time there is red john there is nothing too obvious that's why I don't think it is gale Bertram... maybe he is his right hand and killing the bartender wasn't the red john crime scene type... he killed him and walked away with no artistic way... This last sentence reminds me of S01E01 when Jane said that red john is an artist, he loves killing to expose his art you see the face than you realize it is him...
Flag
i'm so hoping you are right! For me he is the only suspect that makes sense, he seemed to have an everlasting presence over the show and he is a strong but pretty blank character which for me would make sense for red John, i've always figured that Red John in real life would try to remain to a great degree invisible. Plus what we know about red John makes him a pretty astonishing mind and i would much prefer it that was to be attributed to a virtually blank character instead of one we already know a lot of things about (McAllister, Bertram.

And do i have to note how poetic it would be if it was a character we've met on the beginning of the first episode!! I kept thinking that Cho would check the face of the corpse and it wouldn't be him, but he never did!

Flag
From episode 513 - The Red Barn we know that Red John was a kid (someone under the age of 30 in 1988) and working on that farm. So if we go by the actors actual ages, 3 are too old and 1 would be too young to be Red John. Reede Smith would only have been 12 years old. That leaves Gale Bertram, Ray Haffner and Brett Partridge. Ages 20, 21 and 22 at the time. When Lisbon asked Ray if he worked at the farm he never said yes or no. He just answered the question with a question and smiled. And that is why I believe it's him. If Brett Partridge faked his death that everybody at the crime scene would have had to be in on it. All of them. That would make this show The Following and we already have one of them. If the Red John followers were the ones with the tattoos then why didn't Lorelei Martins have one. I'm sure Jane would have noticed when they had sex. They mean something but I don't believe that Red John has one himself.
Flag
I disagree... RJ is an unparalleled genious, He could fake his owmn death with only one or two associates-hell, they don't have to be at the crime scene, he might have caused clinical death and woke up at the mourge, where he escaped to his "Wherever"...
Flag
Wait why is Reede too young 12 years old is a kid in my books.
Flag
It may be just an opinion but I would have to believe that a 12 year old would still be living at home with his parents and going to grade school rather than living on a farm in a cult.
Flag
aw guys your theories are wasted. Goodluck on sunday.
Flag
Think the tattoos are just for Law enforcement but that doesn't mean RJ had one but I think he does going by what heller promised no tricks from here on out. I would love it to be Ray but think Bertram has the power and the intellect and the spookiness to be RJ..damn creepy man
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Bachelorette
    NEW
    ABC
  • 10:00 pm
    Mistresses Blurred Lines
    NEW
    ABC