A The Mentalist Community
CBS (ended 2015)
I rather liked this episode the case of the week was not very interesting but everything else that happened was great. Then Jane found a case about a pizza deliveryman who died right in the jurisdiction of a Red John suspect. And because they are the CBI, they can just jet in a take over what ever case they want.

Anyways, it turned out that some guy from the wedding party wanted to steal a really old bible, and when the pizza delivery man, caught him picking the lock he killed him.The only funny part was when Jane did what he always did and got the wedding called off. Then Grace used he really sad story to convince the bride to get married. I think the part that convinced her the most was how Grace still has her wedding dress. And the bride did not want to be that weird lady.

Throughout this whole episode the writers tried really hard to convince us that Sheriff Thomas McAllister was Red John. Because in a “shocking” twist he was afraid of heights. Its not like that’s a common fear at all. So that automatically makes him Red John. The conversation about hunting was also meant to convince us that he was Red John. With the talk of hunting anything with a face, but this is the third episode Red John is not going to be revealed that quickly. So we can most likely cross him off our list of suspects.

The episode got slightly more exciting when the murder suspect took Jane hostage. NOOOO! He is going to die. JK, they are not going to kill Jane off. And it turns out that the Sheriff is not afraid of heights anyways…..

The best part of the episode though was that Rigsby finally proposed and it was really nice, minus the strangers wedding. But as a fan of Grace and Rigsby it was very romantic. So awwww! And YAYAYA! Then they finally got married. And Grace had all the vows memorized, which was funny.

Then the random guy from the episode got all of his reenactment actors together to give the happy couple a 21 guy salute. I half expected some Red John helper to be in the group a shoot Grace, but no they got to ride off into the sunset in a horse drawn carriage. Which was nice.

But I am hoping that there is a major character death this season, before they catch Red John.

This is what I thought about the episode. What about all of you?

PS Did anyone else notice the creepy girl, I do not remember her name but she was part of the wedding party and was in white. She was the one who wanted to see the dead body.

22 Comments
Comments (22)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oct 15, 2013
Im really scared now, oh god is RJ going to kill Grace or Rigsby or both? NOO RJ!!! bad RJ!! leave them alone haha. Cho was awesome: Did u knock her up aswell? hahahaha brilliant
I really like this season, and after watching the promo of the next episode, Im really excited because its gonna be about Kirkland, and I think he isnt RJ but he has some story with him. Maybe he lost someone because of RJ aswell? uu cant wait.
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
I have no doubt in my mind that Red John is going to kill Grace and Rigsby. Nobody can be happy on TV. Ever.
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
I have been thinking that Grace would turn out to be a mole from RJ or Visualize. She had been in a fragile place for a long time. But don't know, she seems rather happy now.
Flag
Oct 15, 2013
She does seem to spout a ton of their cult propaganda
Flag
Oct 15, 2013
yes, that's why I thought this way - but they have not picked up for a long while now - maybe it is not to make it obvious or maybe it's because they are not going to use it.
Flag
Oct 30, 2013
It is a possibility as well, maybe the season will end up that way. They married them early, so there is no much more to do with them now apart from killing them. Or finding out that Grace is a visualize member and possibly involved in RJ stuff, even if at the end she is not.

About Patrick Jayne, the show insists a lot in the idea that he doesn't feel ready to date. I think the first woman he actually slept with (that we know of) was Lorelei Martins. But there has been some flirting with other characters, like that FBI agent that was investigating him or even M. Hightower. Or that woman that killed her husband played by Morena Baccarin. Not a lot, anyways, and no relationships. Probably understandable for a man that feels guilty about her beloved wife's death.
Flag
Oct 29, 2013
Well, we know that both of them are leaving the show, so it's just a matter of HOW, right? Knowing Red John, they're not going to simply move away & live happily ever after. They're going to be red newlyweds, IMHO. I'm tired of their sappy romance anyway. I'd much rather see Patrick hook up with someone, anyone. I simply can't believe a man that good looking would not have a few dalliances, RJ or no RJ.
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
Good for Grace and Rigsby, I'm definitely going to watch this some day.
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
"Throughout this whole episode the writers tried really hard to convince us that Sheriff Thomas McAllister was Red John"

The Twist at the end is that everyone thinks this can't be Red John ... and that means it is more likely a candidate :D
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
I think they are all going to be serious candidates, probably more than once in the season. It was weird that the sheriff showed himself as afraid of heights and then he wasn't.
Flag
Oct 17, 2013
We will see ... the whole Red John thing is super annoying to me, after all this time ... wish they'd focus more on the mentalist stuff ... In previous seasons there was only 1-2-3 episodes a season with red john ... and the rest you could pretend it wasn't part of the show ... but now it is all over and you can't escape the topic and there is no real progress ...
Flag
Oct 17, 2013
I hope they will catch him by the end of the season, as they promised - it should have been a shorter arc, though. Now there is no way to get any kind of satisfactory answer to the who is RJ question.
Flag
Oct 14, 2013
The wedding should have happened last year. Then they wouldn't have had to hide Amanda Righetti behind boxes and desks all season.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members