A The Mentalist Community
CBS (ended 2015)
Hey guys,

After all we have learned about RJ, who do you think the insider is the insider who gave away the list? Jane started to prepare it after 5x08 and Lorelai died in 5x16. So quite a narrow timeframe...

Who is your suspect? Someone from Lisbon's team?
Comments (21)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I am trying to rewatch the episodes for someone suspicious.
I hope that the storyline will go back to the usual method in a few episodes otherwise I have my doubts about watching it further...
Flag
After all we have learned about Red John. Nobody. Red John was psychic. Just not when pigeons are around.
Flag
Rigsby. Nobody expects it. Remember the episode he tried to be a con man.
Flag
I too Believe that there is something Fishy with Rigsby . He somehow at the last episodes seemed a little allianated from the rest of the team , his role as a father is almost vanished, and Don't forget Van Pelts taste for men (the Ex was a murderer) :)
Flag
Rigsby could be an easy targettarget for the Blakes with such a father. But I cannot trace anything sinister in him.
Flag
No longer care.
Such a stupid end to what was once a good show.
Flag
Van Pelt is the most likely suspect because she is the most vulnerable.
Flag
if it's somebody in the team, must be Van Pelt
Flag
Wasn't RJ keeping an eye on Bob Dinkirk (? the FBI uppity guy) who had photographed Jane's mancave with all his lists?
I assumed the explanation was that RJ kept an eye on Jane using the Blake Association even if that sounds a bit like a blanket cover for everything that happened
Flag
it is so difficult to say who, non of his team showed anything that indicate anyone of them is the insider..... no answer for this question sorry
Flag
A lot of fingers pointing to Van Pelt but it could be anyone as having found out the writers haven't been too woried about what's gone before, Red John was picked out of a hat so it could be anyone from the team, their history on the show means very little so there all in the frame, my money is on Ron
Flag
I think he has to be spying on the office somehow, listening device, camera?? I don't want to think about there being an inside man :(
Flag
Didn't RJ say he knew because he really was psychic just as Jane hushed him? I don't believe that to be the case though.
Flag
Yes he did, but it was just the desperate act of a man facing his demise. Jane didn't care, and neither do I.
Flag
Pretty sure he said " I have an inside-" then Jane stopped him.
Flag
No, he said that he is a psychic as Haloprogram mentioned before
Flag
No he didn't. I just rewatched it. He said " I'll tell you how I knew the names on the list."
Jane says "I don't care."
RJ says" I knew because I have an inside-" and then Jane put his hand around his throat.
He never says he is psychic THe beauty of the DVR recording.
Flag
Also the interview with the series creator makes it clear that he was saying Psychic, not insider:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/24/the-mentalist-red-john-interview/

"Red John said he was psychic"
Flag
I just replayed that section multiple times on my computer with headphones. Your mind can play tricks. It is kind of like all the funny lyrics people think are in songs.

After watching multiple times. He says:

"I knew because I have real psych... ggggaahah"

Some people seem to be hearing "inside" for "real psych". Perhaps because he never finishes the word, and they rhyme, but there are no "n" sounds, and you would need two for "an inside".

Be open and listen again.

Flag
I rewatch it too , and yes you are right , he says something about an insider . I was tricked by the subtitles :(
Flag
Follow this Show
Members