1x04 Ladies in Red

WhiteKnightonTV

[1]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 60
    Ladies in Red
    Episode #4
    Original air date: October 21, 2008

From CBS.com:
    "The CBI team investigates the murder of a wealthy investment banker found tortured before he was bolted inside his hidden 'safe room.'"

Please use this thread to discuss the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TwiggyTwiggy

[2]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 9

WhiteKnightonTV wrote:
    Ladies in Red Episode #4 Original air date: October 21, 2008 From CBS.com: "The CBI team investigates the murder of a wealthy investment banker found tortured before he was bolted inside his hidden 'safe room.'" Please use this thread to discuss the episode.

"Peter and the Wolf" was one of my favorites when I was little, so I caught Jane's trick question right away.

fda1643

[3]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    I had a feeling her answer was wrong even though I didn't recall the play. After that I started getting suspicious of her and the lawyer. Altogether it was a really interesting episode and strengthened my love of Simon Baker.

BiniBeans

[4]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 21
    Good one for sure. Knew the widow had to be the bad one though. otherwise Jayne wouldn't have played her with that bet he made.

Teh_Fonz

[5]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 10

I loved Patrick's use of suggestion when the sheriff's came. A great episode. I see that they are starting to explain why people are committing the crimes that the CBI are investigating. For some weird reason, watching this show feels different too me. I can't explain it though.

I just want to clarify what I meant by suggestion with regards to the sheriff & Jane's use of suggestion.

Jane suggested to the sheriff that he was DOJ, using body language; taping his arm when saying shot, flashing a DOJ 'badge'; most likely his consultant card, and speaking in an authoritative tone

He did this in the 2nd episode Whilst pointing his phone "Stop, Think, Do Not Move, What Ever you do, do not move, do not move" again using an authoritative tone.

Edited on 10/23/2008 1:17am
    Edited 2 total times.

Dexterian

[6]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    BiniBeans wrote:
    Good one for sure. Knew the widow had to be the bad one though. otherwise Jayne wouldn't have played her with that bet he made.

Yeah, and how coincidental that bet was considering that it came almost directly after the lawyer and her were whispering to each other and looking somewhat panicked.

Some episodes are easy to predict early on, but the way they fold out makes it awesome to watch.

Angel_Jaded

[7]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    Question my DVD recorder cut out as it was running a few minutes late on 9 so I was wondering did Wayne ask Grace it cut out just as Pactrick walked away.

Dexterian

[8]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    No he didn't

danharr

[9]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 45
    It was fun watching Simon do his thing and the team as usual but the case didn't grab me like earlier episodes an ok showing at best imo.