1x15 Scarlett Fever

WhiteKnightonTV

[1]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 60
    Scarlett Fever
    Episode #15
    Original air date: February 17, 2009

From CBS.com:
    "A country club is rocked when the queen bee, Scarlett Marquesa is poisoned at a cocktail party."

Please use this thread to discuss the episode.
    Edited on 04/03/2009 4:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FCBarca

[2]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 15

Weren't they just at a country club already?...Or was it a hotel?

Strange but I believe last week's episode was released on the net before the air date...Wonder why that was, totally confused me as I thought I missed an eppy.

FCBarca

[3]Feb 16, 2009
    Looks like this episode has been leaked as well

Dewbak75

[4]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    I must admit I had the killer pegged fairly early in this episode, and had the motive nailed pretty quick as well. It was still a pretty good episode though.

despratefan

[5]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    it may be on the internet. but people who live in canada get to see this show on sunday. fare no but thats the reason some have seen it.

spenkel

[6]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    despratefan wrote:
    it may be on the internet. but people who live in canada get to see this show on sunday. fare no but thats the reason some have seen it.
    Why is that not fair? Most of the time, shows are on in the U.S. before Canada, this one is different And I like it. I am just annoyed I can't rate the episode because of the stupid tv.com system.
    Edited on 02/16/2009 2:45pm

despratefan

[7]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    It's not fair because when you click on a website and read that other people have seen it before you. i know dont read. althought i can see your point be the same if you click on a site and someone already seen an ep that you haven't seen sucks both ways

Sparky1760

[8]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    tthey were at a spa, good looking out though=]

Angeluskamps

[9]Feb 16, 2009
    • level: 14
    Cool quest star killer from Kyle XY! And nice to see the FBI-agent from Knight Rider 2008!

FCBarca

[10]Feb 17, 2009
    I'd have to say this one was one of the weaker episodes, for me...Not so much the obvious culprit aspect of it but the pace and storyline really didn't keep me very interested...Perhaps it was the terrible acting of these wealthy country club bimbos but it just didn't seem very interesting...Also, the whole episode seemed a bit rushed as the writers seemed to try and pack in as much as they could into the hour...Thumbs down from me

gmx13

[11]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    This episode was easy to figure out. What Jane stated was his reason to why and whom he suspected was exactly what I picked up on as well. Still it was an enjoyable addition to the series.

ddwells

[12]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    this is one of dose episodes where you know almost straight away who the killer is so you can sit back and enjoy the magic the story may of been week but the acting was superb

Libra1010

[13]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    This ep was really a lesson on how awesome the characters of the CBI are, at least to me, because I found a lot of the story line and the acting by the country club women to be weak. However, even with this flaw, we got to see Jane playing swords with the little boy, and then lisbon comes by and gives him that reprimanding kind of look, and he says something to the boy like "Fair maiden. I have to go." or something like that, and that whole scene was possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. And then Rigsby asking cho about going out with the older ladies, and ultimately landing a date with Jackie (and was it me, or was Van Pelt def looking sour about it?? just saying) And I loved that at the end they let Lisbon for once get the read on Jane and put him off balance when she said "he likes to play lone ranger. He wants people to say, 'who was that masked stranger? I never got to thank him.'" and Jane looks kind of sheepish and admits that yes, that's the way he is. Point being, I really didn't like a lot of the story of the episode, but I still liked it, if that makes any sense. I would still say this is one of the weaker eps, though. (and sidebar-- was it me, or did lisbon seem kind of glamed up this episode? How they curled her hair, and that leather jacket she was wearing that I want to much? She looked good. : ))

amaryllis88

[14]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 20
    First time watcher of the Mentalist, and I gotta say I was impressed by last night's episode. Now that some people are saying that it was a "weak" episode, I'm guessing they must be a whole lot better than last night's. Anyway, it was great, I didn't get what all the hype was about in the beginning with the promo of the show and all, but after watching last night's episode, it kind of proved itself to me. I loved how they were in that room when that lady was opening the safe, and how she got the call at the same time.

haldrey

[15]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    I liked but must admit that it was not one of the strongest one. The thing that the storyline about a socialite distributing drugs in a high end suburb have been done a few times, maybe too many.

BiniBeans

[16]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    How was this a weak episode? It had the humor, it had the story and it certainly had Jane sympathising with the murderess and seeing first hand that fulfilled revenge only leaves pain and emptiness behind.
    I'd say that was a good episode all things considered.

danharr

[17]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode not great but good none the less typical Mentalist fare ha ha Van Patten you be lonely and professional while a cougar steals the guy head over heals for you

ddwells

[18]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    in some ways this episode is vital to the futre choice of jane who is so sure when he catches his family's killer he will kill him but know he may start to think and question what he is going to do so it may not of been the strongest or the most original story it is quite important