1x22 Blood Brothers

WhiteKnightonTV

[1]May 6, 2009
    • level: 60
    Blood Brothers
    Episode #22
    Original air date: May 12, 2009

From CBS.com:
    "Jane must find a clever way to convince the troubled kids at a wilderness program to confide in him."

Please use this thread to discuss the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FCBarca

[2]May 11, 2009
    • level: 15
    Just obtained this yesterday, haven't watched it...But, per usual, looks good

haldrey

[3]May 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    Jane is the one needed in Harpers Island.

amaryllis88

[4]May 13, 2009
    • level: 20
    Yeah..I can imagine him on Harper's Island, that would be quite the story!!

This episode was good, I knew something fishy was goin' on with the head-honcho counselor guy, and that Cassie girl, and of course, clues from all the other crime shows I've watched previous, like a guy injecting himself into the investigation, or providing information to lead them to discovering something or someone...great way to weed out the killer in this one.

I just love Rigsby, him washing himself with the hose, wowza!! I wanted to savor that moment, especially when Van Pelt walks up on him in his skivvies, and drenched wet. What a cute moment!!

seikhoqueen

[5]May 14, 2009
    • level: 14
    amaryllis88 wrote:

I just love Rigsby, him washing himself with the hose, wowza!! I wanted to savor that moment, especially when Van Pelt walks up on him in his skivvies, and drenched wet. What a cute moment!!

Aside from Jane, Rigsby is one of my favorite characters and that scene was one of my favorites in this episode. With his sweet and goofy disposition and a body like that how can Van Pelt resist?

danharr

[6]May 14, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode Jane goes to camp nice and the setting put everyone in hilarious positions as you guys have mentioned Rigsby and the hose funny. Knew the camp leader was dirty but was surprised to see which kid was the killer but it's always the unassuming one.

ringleader2k

[7]May 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    the whole thing with that old guy and young girl was so predictable
    everything else was good

amaryllis88

[8]May 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    seikhoqueen wrote:
    amaryllis88 wrote:

Aside from Jane, Rigsby is one of my favorite characters and that scene was one of my favorites in this episode. With his sweet and goofy disposition and a body like that how can Van Pelt resist?

I was salivating, he's done an ad for PETA, I saw a glimpse of it in the newest TV guide mag, and he looks just divine! He seems like such a good-natured guy just from his character on the show, I'd love to know somebody like him!

Little-Puff

[9]May 16, 2009
    • level: 2
    Well it been a good season a few ups and downs but good, To me Jane started off being a little Arrogant but Red soon knocked that attitude out of him. He became a like able person but his arrogance has resurfaced and I'm thinking Red will back for the final. Don't get me wrong I love the character but I do hate Arrogant people.

lrq20501

[10]May 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    ringleader2k wrote:
    the whole thing with that old guy and young girl was so predictable
    everything else was good

Yes.This was such a cliche. And, the others are good, though the ending like what I expected. There wasn't too much surprise.

Prup-aka-JBentn

[11]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 10

Sorry to disagree. THE MENTALIST is overall a very good show -- maybe a great one now that they are making use of the back-up chqaracters. (I wish Jane would go back to shopw how the techniques he uses are the same techniques psychics use to con 'clients.' But this episode was a prime stinker that made no sense on several levels.

The Zachariah thing? For kids of the Nineties? And nobody destroyed it with laughter? These are kids who grew up with slasher flicks, who had their cereal in boxes with vampires on them, and they are supposed to fall for a ghost story, all of them, enough so they could be used by the killer? (Kids from the Fifties, maybe, but even then -- I was born in 1946 -- we only read stories like this, usually written by authors remembering their youth of decades before. We didn't take them seriously, except in the way we'd be 'frightened' by horror flicks -- especially if we saw them with someone we wanted to cuddle with.)

The whole "Z Crew" thing "everybody wears masks so we don't know who they are." Except there are only a few dozen kids, they have different body shapes and colors, even if they were silent, everyone would know each other.

One girl in a high school of boys -- we never saw another. C'mon. (And wouldn't the counselors -- faceless extras in the show -- have an idea of some of the things going on?)

What happened to the ankle bracelet? It couldn't have been the first time it had been used, why didn't the principal or somebody know more of what was going on, or use it to trace the kid. Instead, it got forgotten.

And, btw, there are a lot of 'wilderness camps/high schools' for troubled youth -- and many of then have revealed horrors worse than this. But, afaik, these are not run by 'liberal tree huggers.' My fellow liberals might err on the side of too little discipline, but this sort of camp is usually run by the extreme conservative end of the spectrum, and the 'tree huggers' would consider the type of discipline 'fascistic.' (Misuse of the term, but a common one.) I'd be pleased, but very surprised, if any of you can -- here or in a message -- give me information about any even vaguely similar camp run by people even near 'center-right' not to mention liberal. We run camps that teach science, and wonder, and freedom, not this sort of boot camp.

PaulaLewis234

[12]Jan 24, 2012
    • level: 1

Prup-aka-JBentn wrote:
    And, btw, there are a lot of 'wilderness camps/high schools' for troubled youth -- and many of then have revealed horrors worse than this.

I agree, but not all wilderness camps are the same. Most wilderness camps do wonderful things for kids, especially to those troubled youths.

Edited on 05/12/2012 6:47am
    Edited 3 total times.