The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

4 x 4 Ring Around the Rosie

roams

[1]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 6

Cool episode!

I like the double situation and especially the part where they are not solving a murder but just looking into someone suspicious... nice change of pace.

Favorite line: "You under arrest for the attempted murder of... ...everybody".

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Slash_out

[2]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 5
    Favorite line : "You are in my spot".
    If that's not a reference to Sheldon ... :p

kanniballl

[3]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 18

A good episode. I love Cho's dead-pan face with his lines. of...everyone

The new boss looks interesting, though I don't know how much I agree with his description of Jane. My understanding of heavy-psychopaths were is that one of the big traits is they are devoid of emotion and empathy. And while Jane does use his friends as chess pieces, I thought we saw that he does have feelings for them... or at least empathy. And that he does his best to make people feel better about something, even if he doesn't believe in what he's saying.

But I know practically nothing about psychology... perhaps he really does fit under that description.

Slash_out

[4]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 5
    Well normaly there is a scale for each attributes, if we look at what makes a psychopath Patrick Jane hits the mark on about half of them (if we strectch the truth), but not all. So I wouldn't say his assessment is correct.

Patrick does not lack empathy, nor does he has shallow emotions (what he feels about his wife and daughter is proof enough), he feels remorse (again he feels guilty for what happened to his family), he does use manipulation, lying a lot, is impulsive (never in a violent way so I'm nto sure it applies to the list and he is still well in control of himself, rather than impulsiveness, it's more that he is whimsical), he is egocentric and proved he likes to act "grandiosly" and his intelligence is top notch.

Well there are others lists out there, but most of the other list do not portray P.J as a psychopath, pretty much just like this one fails to, and anyway, most of the items in those lists lead back to ; violence, sex, and egocentrism (or lack of awarness of others).

None of those 3 are describing P.J. in any way.

haldrey

[5]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 22
    If this season continues the way it is going it will the best season ever.