The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

How many seasons will the Mentalist go on for?

JoeWashington8

[1]May 22, 2011
    • level: 9

How many seasons do you think the Mentalist will go on for?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

carlmeg

[2]Sep 10, 2011
    • level: 5
    Love the show so I'm hoping they could go on for 10 more seasons :-)

cschuel

[3]Sep 16, 2011
    • level: 1
    I love the mentalist; i would never grow tired of it, so I hope it goes on for a long time!

Ray1905

[4]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 7
    I love this show but juging from the first episode of the season, this is the last season.

This episode should have been 2 parts, they wrapped everything way to fast.

Frenz9

[5]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 10
    Loved the first episode, i love closure for most shows but i honestly dont want to stop watching this show.. it is amazing.

RealityFan2686

[6]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 30

Ray1905 wrote:
    I love this show but juging from the first episode of the season, this is the last season..

Whoa, I think you're being a little judgmental right out the gate. Sure things happened kinda quickly but I wouldn't say it will be the last season yet.

I personally see maybe a 6 or 7 season run out of this show.

RealityFan2686

[7]Sep 25, 2011

I don't usually like shows like this but I never loved one show as much as I do this one, and its one of very few shows that I watched throughout the entire run of the show. I'll enjoy this show till the day it ends or till the day I die.

Tina

rphjose

[8]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 4
    RealityFan2686 wrote:

Ray1905 wrote:
    I love this show but juging from the first episode of the season, this is the last season..

Whoa, I think you're being a little judgmental right out the gate.

I believe that when the "hero" of the show becomes a vigilante there is a serious problem.

mrsquinto

[9]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 9

Why do you think it is the last season? Hey, just because we THINK that Jane is getting closer to Red John doesn't mean that he is

This is one of my absolute favourite shows and i hope there will be another 25 seasons - the last will feature Simon Baker sitting in an armchair and drinking tea.

haldrey

[10]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 22
    For me it can go on forever.

FCBarca

[12]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 15
    Ray1905 wrote:
    I love this show but juging from the first episode of the season, this is the last season. This episode should have been 2 parts, they wrapped everything way to fast.

Based on the first few seasons, I would've guessed for as long as the actors are invested in the series and the writing remains top drawer...Well, now I'm not so sure...It's been a poor start to the 4th season, IMHO, and perhaps a sign that it's struggling for direction and creativity

It should get it's 5th season easily enough but I wonder if it will go beyond that based on how things have looked this season...I hope they turn it around

rei_vilo

[13]Nov 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    What's most important for me is the quality of the show and of each episode.

An endless series may loose quality and disappoint fans.

Now, Red John seems to be used as a booster from time to time. But there's no real progress on the Patrick Jane / Red John confrontation. And the doors opened at the 3rd seasons are left behind.

Wickedragon

[14]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 2

FCBarca wrote:
    Ray1905 wrote:
    I love this show but juging from the first episode of the season, this is the last season. This episode should have been 2 parts, they wrapped everything way to fast.
    Based on the first few seasons, I would've guessed for as long as the actors are invested in the series and the writing remains top drawer...Well, now I'm not so sure...It's been a poor start to the 4th season, IMHO, and perhaps a sign that it's struggling for direction and creativity It should get it's 5th season easily enough but I wonder if it will go beyond that based on how things have looked this season...I hope they turn it around

I concur.

I'm reasonably certain that the end of season 4 was meant to be a possible "the end" if they didn't get renewed for a 4th season. As it is now they spendt the last part of season 4 to build up to a climax where Red John was killed, and since that has been recanted they're now in a bind for what to do. Since the buildup is spendt they'll need to use, I'm guessing half a season or something like that to create the same tension again, and possibly build upon the main plot a bit, so that they can feed off the crescendo and finish the show.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season (and if it is they'd better get a move on if they want the series to have a good finish) but as the format allows for one-offs it could go on forever. Although, if they want to do that they'd better finish this "main arc" and begin a new one before the entire Red John thing becomes stale. It's already getting there. (And stale main-plots open for shark jumping so please dont)

***SPOILER***

Nordan123

[15]Mar 10, 2012
    • level: 6

JoeWashington8 wrote:

How many seasons do you think the Mentalist will go on for?

I'm thinking 5 seasons.

Getting a bit stale for me lately,I'm sad to say.

Van Pelt: Give her something to do ffs!

Cho: Please the pill popping and falling asleep on the job,not interesting at all really.

Rigsby: Please allow him more than one facial expression.

Jane: He's just weird now,making tea all over California and being rude.

And with Jane helping Darcy the rest of the team go "wtf,what do we do now?" just pathetic.

Faline

[16]Apr 22, 2012
    I think that they have used this season well - originally I was peeved because of the first two episodes, and the fact that to me they were borderline just plain unlikely (Jane out of jail so quickly).
    But I think this season has developed, as we have seen Jane finally feeling lust or whatever - something we as an audience have never seen. Along with Cho - yes i agree the pill popping was a little nausiating, but once again, we have seen him with a girl.
    I think Rigsbys character is fine, and I think that it is good to move the storyline away from him and Van Pelt.
    I personally thought that Van Pelt's anger and agression issues was poorly dramatised, but it is toned down now, and therefore good.
    I am enjoying this season as much as the rest, as we are shown more of their personal lives, rather having red john as the highlight of every season. red johns chapter should probably die out in this season, and unveil a new beginning and hopefully carry on until a 7th season or more.

karlmeszaros

[17]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 106
    I concur with a 6-7 season run. Season 5 is virtually guaranteed and the ratings are good, so I don't think it's in any imminent danger.

RealityFan2686

[18]May 11, 2012

karlmeszaros wrote:
    I concur with a 6-7 season run. Season 5 is virtually guaranteed and the ratings are good, so I don't think it's in any imminent danger.

I heard from some website that there will be a 5th season and hearing that makes me very happy, as this is one of very few shows that I've watched from the beginning, and I don't normally like this type of show either

Tina

Itaintrite

[19]May 11, 2012
    I really think/hope Season 5 will be the last. I hate shows that just drag on and on instead of wrapping things up and have a proper ending. So *SPOILER*

*SPOILER*
    Jane is out of the CBI. He obviously goaded whats-his-babyface-name into firing him. It's obvious jane doesn't want the CBI to be involved and be dragged into whatever he's planning. I seriously hope it will stay this way and that season 5/last season will introduce us to the /old/ Jane. The cunning, manipulative Jane who stop at nothing to get his revenge. It will be CBI vs Jane vs Red John. Please please writers. Give us a big finish!

I also hope they won't pull off the Patrick Jane is Red John BS.

janefandoug

[20]May 12, 2012
    Wickedragon wrote:
    Although, if they want to do that they'd better finish this "main arc" and begin a new one before the entire Red John thing becomes stale. It's already getting there. (And stale main-plots open for shark jumping so please dont)

I was thinking the same thing immediately after finishing watching this latest episode. They need to tie up the Red John story, but hopefully bring in something new and equally as interesting. The Red John story line is being dragged out and getting old, kind of like the Monk story line. Hopefully, they don't end the show just b/c Red John gets caught or killed though.