CBS (ended 2015)
Gale Bertram, Raymond Haffner, Thomas McAllister: one of this three is red john probably Raymond
- Bret Stiles: is probably an old friend
- Reede Smith: i don't think he is connected to red john
- Bob Kirkland: i don't think he is red john but his right hand man
- Sheriff Thomas McAllister: i don't think that he related to RJ at all, he only appeared in the first episode and wasn't that special(but who knows, there is no evidence that he isn't RJ, but if he was it will really be a bad decision from the writer)
- Brett Partridge: i don't think he is red john but maybe a one of his minions, besides he is to young to be in the red john(The Red Barn 1980 Incident ), and Bruno Heller stats in an interview that red john isn't a basement kind of serial killer(which Brett seems to be, as remarked by Jane in S01E01) and he also doesn't seem to have the money red john seems to have, he also isn't that high in the society or work as Red John seems to be
- Gale Bertram: i just don't think he is red john, for a lot of tiny details that don't add up
- Raymond Haffner: He fits all the criteria so fa, he is high ranking member of the CBI,a Visualize member, and after the evidence from "The Red Barn" it seems possible he was at the farm in 1988 when one of the first Red John smiley faces was drawn. He fits the age, description, seems to have money, and mental intelligence, he is also interested in Lisbon and tries to befriend her (if he was red john that is probably what he would do), and most of all he is called ray, and we know that red john nickname is Roy !!
- None of the above (His father, someone else): i don't think that he is none of the above because if he wasn't i think he would probably mocked Jane about it in the video at the end (also he said, that because of what Lorelei said to Jane, the game rules is going to change, so if what she said was wrong he wouldn't really bother), and it isn't Jane's father because he was a fraud and didn't have a problem with it, unlike red john who seems to be a man of honor in a way (S01E01, the note he leave's to Jane about killing his family) but i think that his father may be one of red john's minions
- JANE HIMSELF !!:that''s not possible for a thousand reason:
1- he isn't a Visualize member
2- he doesn't have the fucking time(he was awake for a whole weak during this episode he couldn't have killed the victim
3- he can't possibly handshake himself
4- Lorelei wouldn't lie to him (about handshaking RJ) and in the same time plan to kill his alter ego "RJ" for killing his sister
5- 6- 7- 8- 9- (i am just tired of writing)
And about how he did know about the "Happy Memory", i think at some point red john hypnotized Jane(He was with alone for some time in one of the episodes) into telling him god knows what, Or Jane's father Alex maybe one of RJ's minions or at least his related to him somehow and he spoke with RJ about that "Happy Moment" in Jane's life
but what is really wired how did he know the list, there is a few explanation:
1- he is watching him all the time or making someone watch him and he deducted the 7 names from what he learned
2- the video is edited and is made/edited after Bob Kirkland(who is related or is RJ) saw what Jane was working on in his secret hideout, and deducted the names from what he gathered and edited the video that he made of Lorelei and put the names in it
3- something else (But certainly Not PSYCHIC related)
RJ is one of the 7 names according to show creator "Bruno Heller", he also said that the next season there will be no more games, and jane is going to start the chase for RJ for real
the episode 'the red barn' helps us exclude some characters as being red john
if we trust the theory that says that red john was at that barn 25 years ago then partridge is too young to be red john, and janes dad is too old, not to mention that he probably was with patrick at the time or at the very least traveling with the circus
obviously also not brett styles, he was already the powerful man at visualize at the time while the person that drew the smiley face on the side of the barn was just some kid that was working there briefly
its obvious that brett styles knows who red john is, probably because red john is/was a member of visualize
I actually find merit in the theory that red john is more than one person, there have been too many characters that have been cast in a suspicious light
bertram quoting william blake, styles knowing where fry was, kirkland killing a person that knew red john
its seems unlikely that they would provide so many clear red john suspects. maybe they are building up to the fact that red john is like a secret society/fraternity of sociopaths that have infiltrated powerful positions in society and enjoy murdering people and messing with their minds
Hi, I think Abo_Malek made some good points. I actually don't remember who Thomas McAllister, this FBI Reed guy were, till I didn't look it up now.
Still, I think the writers and producers managed to make this season 5 very exciting, and they have confused the audience. I think I have figured a few things out, but I have no idea who Red John is. This is how it goes. How the hell does Red John know the 7 people on Jane's list? well, this is - in my opinion quite simple. Kirkland organized the break in in to Jane's CBI "base".
He put everything together Jane had - then it was quite simple to deduce everything Jane has deduced. This is where all becomes quite interesting. Jane had a toothpick put up on the door when he left - Jane knew that Lisbon will have coffee with Kirkland, since he asked Lisbon afterwards, what did Kirkland want?- and when he came back after the new case they had, he saw that the toothpick was moved, so he knew there was a break in. He wasn't surprised, he didn't freak out, he smiled. He did not alert Lisbon, that oh my god somebody broke in ... That makes me believe that he expected the break in, and he was happy about it. After that he worked even harder on his "list" or whatever he was working on, we don't know that anymore. he did have his 1 week radio silence, and when he was done he burned everything. What was the reason for burning everything down, if Kirkland has already stolen his information. If he did burn down everything, that means that he he had something new there, and THAT he did not want anybody to see.
That with killing a memory from Jane's head, that's weird. I can't explain that. So what Abo_Malek is saying about Jane's father knowing Red John, seems a possibility, but this was rather a private memory, so the hypnosis is also a theory, but I'm not sure about that, seems somehow wrong, after Heller and co. is putting everything so beautifully down for us, they wouldn't have (shouldn't have) kept that from us. On the other hand, what I can deduce from this whole thing is, Jane showed on purpose to Red John what he had. That was faked, so Red John thinks he has given yet another huge blow to Jane. Jane on the other hand is for the first time really the man with the upper hand, because he faked the information. Lisbon is not in the loop, she also thinks Jane was tricked/fooled by Red John. So, that means Jane is planning something unknown for us so far, and this is what's going to make the next season ever more exciting.
Guys, what do you think how far off am I ?
Just because Patrick and Red John have the same list of seven names does not mean that the list is correct. Red John could still be a step ahead and planted false clues that led Patrick to those suspects. That could help explain how Red John came up with his list.
Knowledge about Patrick means that either Red John knew Patrick way back when or has done a lot of investigating about Patrick's past. I lean toward his having known him from his Carney days.
Motivation of Red John suggests some strong personal ties to Patrick, either directly or ties to someone close to Patrick. Why is Patrick so important to Red John?
If you look at the wall in this scene at the end of Red Johns Friends, the cross of the H is not blood but the joint in the tile. It actually says ll is mar and then appears to trail off. I think it is two L's and not an H. I wonder if we will know all the right answers to clues at the end of this series. There is also the guy that scuttles across in back of the guard that gets killed in Strawberries and Cream part two. He is seen walking all over the mall, talking to the coffee girl and the fake red john looks right at him before he is shot. I believe that is RJ. I also noticed that the person who recited Tiger,Tiger has very small hands when (s)he taps Jane on the shoulder, possibly Lisbon. He left her a message that he was at that location. She is definitely involved with RJ.
Here is a link to the pic http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2009/01/mentalist-heisman.png&imgrefurl=http://www.aoltv.com/2009/01/07/the-mentalist-red-johns-friends/&h=258&w=425&sz=117&tbnid=7L3u8xvBpNy8UM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=143&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dthe%2Bmentalist%2Bhe%2Bis%2Bmar%2Bpicture%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=the+mentalist+he+is+mar+picture&usg=__6MroYohaZITISpDgcRVw9sHFMaE=&docid=vHvU29wn061mKM&sa=X&ei=CawSUoPpF9Ku2gXcgIGABA&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAQ&dur=343
I think Gale Bertram is RJ, because that is how he stays one step ahead of Jane and Lisbon. Jane always makes a point of saying Lisbon is a bad liar. She is reporting everything they do to Bertram, thinking it is the right thing to do, since he is her boss. Now in the last episode, RJ kidnaps her. Jane has tipped her off that Bertram is one of the suspects, which changes the game between them. She is nervous around him now and doesn't reveal things to him, now she is just in the way. (Or that could be just what Bruno wants us to think before the twist??)
If McCalister is RJ, that would seem silly to me, since he is not a regular on the show. But Haffner could be RJ's right hand man, although by now I am sure he would love to give that job up; although he knows the only way out is death. Brett Stiles may even know Bertram is RJ, but is in the same boat as Haffner and knows if he told anyone he would die before Bertram could be stopped. He is also in a position to need favors from Bertram to keep quiet.
I can hardly wait for the next episode! This show is the best.
It's Van Pelt