The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Should Lisbon and Patrick get together romantically?

TheBuzzKill

[21]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 2
    Hell, no. They are very good friends, but romance will ruin the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

seahorse86

[22]Jul 28, 2011

I prefer Lisbon with Mashburn or with another man- Jane and Lisbon should just stay friends. I hope they kinda give Lisbon a real love interest soon, preferably someone who is a) not involved with Red John or b) a criminal of some other kind or c) a complete idiot She deserves some loving.

Edited on 07/28/2011 3:42am

bloggroll

[23]Oct 4, 2011
    • level: 4

I know Jane loves/cares about Lisbon a lot. She is the only person he is close to at all. Just like when he went on a date with Frye, he was very nervous. I think Lisbon should be a good friend and ask Jane out for dinner. But as friends. Then maybe then can open up slowly after that.

belle94

[24]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 6

I'd really rather they didn't. It would just make things awkward. As said before, Jane is emotionally unavailable at the moment. I think that he and Lisbon make perfect friends - but only that. Good friends.

Badhab1t

[25]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 3

Base on their personality, I think they should. As much as our "mentalist" want to play "hard to get", I think they match quite well.

And on show as whole, I think it's very likely they will end up together, most likely been build as the final "high" for the show. The likely end of the show would be, these two became "one", and Red john try to do to her the same thing what he did to Patrick's first wife(as I think the writer will buil the end like how this whole thing start). And patrick will (this time) successfully save his wife(Lis). It will finally make up how he fail/caused her family's death, and also finally heal up his trauma.

I think the romantic between Lis and Patrick is inevitable as Red John want to harm Patrick psychlogically and nothing would greater hit then to harm his (next)real love(as RJ already killed his original family).

CiaraPearson

[26]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 4

I say no. Almost every TV show feels the need to have the two leads get together, but this should not happen on The Mentalist. I don't think Jane is ever going to recover enough to have another real relationship. And that's ok. This show doesn't need relationship drama to be good.

huisclothes

[27]Dec 10, 2012

yeah, but only in the last or next to last episode. i'm very wary of shark-jumping but the writers have to connect all the dots and that's a major one. if they don't do it, the fans will be left with a major case of blue b-lls. with his beauty and charm, jane can get any woman. but jane is lisbon's chance to get a remarkable man. he brought fun and passion and intellectual stimulation into her life. no one else she's crossed paths with even comes close. so i want her to get him even if only for a night or two. and i want him to have her. she's been a real comfort to him and if they catch red john together, it would make sense that they have that kind of intimacy. here's a weird one. i would like her to get pregnant. he needs to have a baby. so yes, let them get together and make it as explicit as cbs will allow. after five (and i hope, six or seven years), we know them well enough.

mnementh01

[28]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 15

vicbjones wrote:

God, no. I loved the scene at the end of "Crimson Casanova" where Jane turned down the women at the bar, pointing at his wedding ring and saying he was married. Let Jane and Lisbon care about and protect each other as colleagues and friends. Going beyond that has been the shark-jumping point for a couple of series (Moonlighting, The X-Files). Lisbon pulling Jane from the ledge, so to speak, is worth a lot more to me than yet another distracting "hook-up" for the lonelorn housewives and teenage girls.

Re. Moonlighting and the X-Files, you couldn't be, more wrong!

Moonlighting "jumped the shark" when the writers of the show started producing complete rubbish instead of decent storylines, it had nothing to do with the David/Maddy "thing".

The Mulder/Scully relationship became "public knowledge" in series 7 in an episode called "All things", Gillian Andersons directorial debut and was then pretty much ignored until series 9. X-Files died because David Duchovny left, simple as that. Without the main focus of the show, it was inevitable that it would end. I have all 9 series on DVD and I've never even taken the 9th series out of the box as I couldn't stand the thought of the show without Mulder in it.

Chuck proved that the two main actors could be in a relationship and still be in a good show.

Edited on 12/17/2012 3:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

dif_frent

[29]Dec 23, 2012
    • level: 10
    No, they shouldn't be together. Instead, I picture Patrick with Erica Flynn, you know the lady murderer, con artist and deceiver, somewhere on an exotic island, where Patrick may land after he has killed Red John finally. Wouldn't that be nice? Patrick seemed genuinely intrigued by Erica (episode 15, season 4), and she seemed to feel something to him.

MaryAnnMc

[30]Dec 26, 2012
    • level: 1

Their chemistry as friends is just perfect. If the writers tried to force a romantic situation between Jane and Lisbon, it would be just that -- forced. I like the two of them as friends and they should stay that way.

Whitebeard83

[31]Jan 12, 2013

Right now, NO!!!!!! Right now Jane is more in love with killing Red John than with any woman. But with that said it would be a good way to end the series, which is why I am hoping not to see this hook-up until a couple years down the road, in the last season, when there are only three or four episodes left in the series.

charmed05

[32]Mar 19, 2013

I do like them, but they can't be together romantically for two reasons, one they work together. It isn't allowed, van pelt and rigsby can't be together romantically then neither can jane and lisbon I'm sure. Jane isn't actually cbi but he working there, he's a part of the team. I would think they would count him out as well. Two, Red John. The first two seasons, no woman in his life, not even interested. Women found him attractive, one episode in s1 a woman came up to him and he said he was married. I think he does love lisbon, maybe since the beginning. At the end of the first season, he saves her life. Just before that though Lisbon called him selfish. At the beginning of season 2, he was going to but didn't because the job was all he had. So they really can't be together or Jane or Lisbon would have to find a new location or job, career.

charmed05

[33]Mar 19, 2013

I didn't finish, Red John. I think he would have to find him. That will likely be at the end of the series if it does happen. Maybe then they could get together romantically. Though there's also they can't since they work together and the job is all he has, the team, and lisbon. So.

GreenRichard

[34]Apr 5, 2013
    • level: 7

I'd like to see Cho and Rigsby get together.