The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

SPOILERS, Promos, Sneak Peeks

bonjovichick

[41]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    The comment that it is someone we know and love that threw me off. Bosco certainly doesn't fall into that category so what gives? I like all of them from the core team and it would be hard to pick one I could live without. Cho would be the one I would hate to lose the most and had been worried it would be him with the hook-up of Grace and Rigsby that he would be the odd man out. I hope it is Bosco and I will be fine with that answer but just a little ticked they mislead us. we are going to watch anyway if you are a fan so why make us worry?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mysteriousopal

[42]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 29

I guess that's just CBS's and Heller's way of promoting this episode more. So they dramatize the whole thing a little more so people get suspicious and intrigued. Result is that more people tune in. I very much doubt that it's someone from the main cast who will die. I only hope the episode lives up to the hype.

I am definitely very excited about it. Is it Thursday yet???

Edited on 11/16/2009 7:54am

sunsethill

[43]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    Bosco has had a target on his back since he was handed the Red John case. Red John wants to taunt Jane and no one else. Also, it has always bothered me that Terry Kinney is still listed as "Guest Cast." Guest stars usually are not around for an entire season. Ironically, Bosco is also the name of puppet from Irish children's television. He lived in a box and had, you guessed it, bright red hair! As Jane always says, "[T]here is no such thing as a coincidence."

lemae_27

[44]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    Well it's not even halfway through the season yet and it's not looking good for Bosco so it makes sense that he's listed as guest star. That and he's not in every episode like Lisbon, Jane, Rigsby, and Cho.

lemae_27

[45]Nov 18, 2009

Taken from spoilertv.com about tomorrows episode. http://spoilergeeks.blogspot.com/2009/11/spoilers_18.html

Is it true that Bosco will be Red John's next victim on The Mentalist? — Clarisse
    ADAM: Let me answer your question with one of my own: Why would Red John, who is known for killing women, go after Agent Bosco? That said, Bosco's investigation of Red John does put him in serious danger. One more question: Who can't be trusted in the CBI?

I don't know, who CAN'T be trusted in the CBI? You always have the secretary I guess, other than that I can't really think of anyone that we've seen that would help Red John.

On a side note....OMG, Lisbon in a dress and all the guys in tuxedos.....Can't wait!

http://b3rt4.iimmgg.com/image/7a35de6d6b6260257cd39fd1f0df3346

Edited on 11/18/2009 9:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mysteriousopal

[46]Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah they all look pretty awesome in their dresses / tuxedos. Can't wait for it either!

TesserT

[47]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 78
    Latest from TVGuide/Keck

Due to Minelli's resignation, CBI will get a new boss to be played by new series regular Aunjanue Ellis. Her character,Agent Hightower, will join CBI in the last 6 episodes of the season. The character is married, has kids and secrets (which won't be revealed until next season). The CBI team is in for quite a change as Hightower has a military way of leadership and she'll let fewer things slide by. Minelli may guest star later on the series. Red John will "rear his ugly head toward the end of the season".

agent_0042

[48]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 66
    I'm actually kinda surprised that it's going t be that long before we see this new character. Also, I was kinda afraid of this-- the whole "new boss comes in and cracks down" plotline is all too common. I was hoping maybe they wouldn't go that way, but was afraid that they would. Ah well, I'll reserve any further judgment until seeing how they handle it.

agent_0042

[49]Jan 22, 2010
    According to the most recent issue of TV Guide, coming for February sweeps, there is a romance in Cho's future. We will also be learning more about his past, from back when he was in the gang.

TesserT

[50]Feb 3, 2010
    agent_0042 wrote:
    According to the most recent issue of TV Guide, coming for February sweeps, there is a romance in Cho's future. We will also be learning more about his past, from back when he was in the gang.
    It's a nice 2 page spread (Feb 8-14, 2010 issue, pgs 32-33). The Feb 11 episode will reveal that "as a teen, Cho was a gangbanger with some pretty major street cred". His nickname was the Ice Man! "Cho used to be a vigilante who did awful things but always to awful people. If you fell on the wrong side of his moral compass, he had no problem taking you out." Same episode he gets a lawyer girlfriend played by Sandrine Holt. The article also has some nice background on Tim Kang (Cho).
    Edited on 02/03/2010 1:39pm

lemae_27

[51]Feb 11, 2010
    The female psychic returns and as a possible love interest for Jane!

http://www.hotspoilers.com/the-mentalist-news/

mysteriousopal

[52]Feb 11, 2010
    Yeah I read that too but I'm not sure what to think about this. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

TesserT

[53]Feb 15, 2010
    EW/Ask Ausiello

What brings Leslie Hope back into the fold on The Mentalist?

She's hired by a local police department to help solve the same case that Jane and the CBI team are working on.

TesserT

[54]Mar 31, 2010
    TVGuide/Keck's Exclusives

Owain Yeoman (investigator Wayne Rigsby) and his real-life wife, Lucy Davis, will appear together in the May 6 episode. "It's the first time we've worked together," says Owain, who wed Lucy in London's St. Paul's Cathedral in 2006. "She's playing Daphne, the widow of the episode's murder victim-a very cute, sweet, unassuming woman, just like my Luce."

TesserT

[55]Mar 31, 2010
    You ask what about Red John? Well....

TVGuide

Series creator Bruno Heller, who describes Red John as his series' Moby Dick, says the show won't return to the serial killer story line until Season 2's closing episodes. When Jane and Lisbon pick up his scent, it will put one of their team members in jeopardy. "The story will move a great leap forward," Heller says. "But they're not going to catch [him]. They're going to come too close for comfort."

TesserT

[56]Mar 31, 2010
    TVGuide Mega Buzz March 30

The new Boss, Agent Hightower, is a tough cookie but don't expect another desk-pounding bureaucrat. This bodes well for Patrick Jane. "Her relationship with Jane is one of respect," "He's not just an annoyance or someone she has to take down a peg or two. She's really fascinated by him." Bad news for Lisbon: Hightower feels the opposite way about her.

TesserT

[57]Jul 21, 2010
    TVGuide Mega Buzz

"Get ready to meet Patrick Jane's con man brother-in-law. He's charismatic and uses his charm and bravado to mask his anxieties. Even though he blames Jane for his sister's death, he'll have to rely on him when he's suspected of murder."

pgsuperfan

[58]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 25

great line in last nights epsisode Lisbon says to the girl in the tree house, "we are from the CBI" and Jane says " ya and we even have a website and everything" too funny

Edited on 02/11/2011 10:15am

agent_0042

[59]Feb 13, 2011
    Yeah, it reminded me of one of the earlier seasons when they were banging on the door shouting "CBI!" and the guy ran and when he caught up to them he's all "I don't know what CBI is."

zorga98

[60]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 3
    I'd laugh so hard if red john was someone like Cho now...