The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

The 'keep red john alive' support thread

michalisthiou

[1]Oct 6, 2013
    • level: 5

I absolutely love the whole red john backstory and i think that's what makes the mentalist such a good show, personaly, its what keeps me watching. After that awesome ending to season 5 i went back and watched all previous episodes of the mentalist to freshen up my memory of the progress of the hunt for red john

I think you guys are mad for wanting it to end, without it its just gonna be the same episode on repeat, dead body, jane insults some people, jane comes up with a ruse to catch the killer, lather rinse repeat.

the death of red john will mean the death of the mentalist, i was sad when jane narrowed it down to just 8 suspects

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Oct 7, 2013
    • level: 22

Keep The Mentalist but end Red John and then we might see another side of Patrick. The writers can be inventive enough to web another interesting sub plot like Red John.

Edited on 10/10/2013 9:05am

iwayne

[3]Oct 7, 2013
    • level: 1
    I believe this show would actually be better without the Red John thing, in much the same way that Monk would have been better without the whole Trudy melodrama. I truly believe the show could stand alone - and very well - without Red John.

iwayne

[4]Oct 7, 2013
    Agree. 100%.

Cheshiremoon1

[5]Oct 15, 2013

I have to be honest I got very excited when it looked like the hunt was over, then I was sad because there would be no more Patric Jane...now I am just bored! How hard can it be to catch this guy!?

Mysterv

[6]Oct 29, 2013
    • level: 9
    I love the Red John storyline which adds a level of interest that the self contained murder mysteries do not have.
    If they do reveal who Red John is soon then I think there will still be a lot of back-story that can be covered. That is what I think the second half of the season will be covering.

Goqklf56

[7]Nov 12, 2013

I would prefer if they keep him a live a few episodes, it's not fun if we get to see him when Jane knows who is and then just shoots him or something like that.

Nah, we need a resolution to this story arc. That means Red John, as he is revealed, will be telling his side of story (whatever he wants Jane to know of course) then whatever Jane wants out of this situation, likely torture RJ a little and uncover RJ's backstory (which I would prefer would be dedicated to a flashback episode).

Anyway, after that it's not much to do with this specific story arc but the Tyger, Tyger Collective will have to be dealt with which is what I think will be resolved at the end of season 6.

Whatever they start with season 7 it doesn't need to be as personal as Red John but a mystery is a must. Random killings and Jane messing with people is not enough to hold my interest anyway.

Pricecomeback

[8]Nov 26, 2013
    • level: 2

Aw

this should have been the DO NO BUTCHER THE RED JOHN STORYLINE. Too late though.

Goqklf56

[9]Dec 3, 2013

Pricecomeback wrote:

Aw

this should have been the DO NO BUTCHER THE RED JOHN STORYLINE. Too late though.

Unfortunately not. Not even a flashback.