The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Two suggestions

TommyFlynn

[1]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 1

The first one is to drop this "Red John" thing. It's getting very old. The second one is the "foot chase" that they have on every episode. I'm guessing that in real life, suspects don't break out in a run every time they see a badge. Maybe it's just me, but I find this to be very dumb. I can see it coming every time and I think that it's just stupid.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

II_Seraphim_II

[2]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 6
    The "on-foot-chase" scenes, I dont mind so much. Yeah they occur way too frequently and it isnt exactly realistic, but they need some action to keep the more action orientated audience entertained, plus its good for the testosterone levels But I am with you 100% on the Red John biz. It needs to end. I feel like The Mentalist is like the old Pinocchio cartoons. The goal is to become a real boy, so they can just stuff in as many filler episodes as they want, just as long as at least once in a season he gets close to his goal. With this formula they can go on forever. Same applies here. They started the story with a single goal in mind, finding and killing Red John. Great premise, but the problem with such a definite and finite goal is that at some point you have to get to it or fans are gonna get annoyed. The writers dont want to kill of Red John because they literally don't know what to do in a post-Red John world. They will actually have to use those literary degrees (they have those, right?) to make up something fresh and interesting rather than just rehashing the same things over and over again. But the honest to God truth is, no one wants to mess with a winning formula! Thats why we get a new Call of Duty game every single year that's exactly like the last one, save the title; because people love it and will keep buying it!

I just hope that at some time (hopefully soon) the writers will find that little suit case they left at home that has their creativity and open it up.

kathrynm3

[3]Mar 11, 2013
    • level: 1
    totally agree with you. and the foot chase goes on in every crime show on tv. you are so right - who the heck would run and think they could get away - its ridiculous