The Mentalist Forums

CBS (ended 2015)

What has happened to Ken Woodruff?

Has the Quality of Ken Woodruff's Episodes Gone Downhill Since Season One?

vicbjones

[1]Apr 8, 2011
    • level: 12

Ken Woodruff was my favorite Mentalist writer during season one. He wrote the great "Miss Red," as well as "The Thin Red Line." He only co-wrote the episode with the clowns during season two, but on his own, he wrote the Scooby Doo-esque "Red Scare" and last night's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," whose ending was lifted from "Prescription: Murder." If anything, Erika Green Stafford's scripts are just as good as they were during season one, but Woodruff has really downhill in my eyes.

I've watched Columbo. I'm a fan of Columbo. You, Mr. Jane, are no Columbo.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

baghban

[2]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 9
    I am also a Columbo-Peter Falk fan, but honestly, I wouldn't dare to compare any Tv-series with Columbo. That's just wrong, because none of them can be a match.

but I agree with what you say. The quality of his scripts seems to be going down. But, the show is evolving. Thus, it's early to make such an argument.

vicbjones

[3]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 12

Comparing the episode "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" to Columbo is a fair comparison, because, as opposed to 90 percent of the Mentalist episodes so far, Jane identifies the killer almost immediately and harresses her and, like I said, the ending is lifted almost directly from "Prescription: Murder." I also think three seasons is sufficient time to make an evaluation of someone's work.

Edited on 04/10/2011 2:32pm