The Mentalist Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Why do you watch "The Mentalist"? POLL

Why do you watch "The Mentalist"? POLL

Matt9693

[1]May 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    I think The Mentalist is fairly unorigional storyline wise but jane's character keeps me coming back for more. He's so charasmatic and almost adorable in a way
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tsilatnemeht

[2]May 11, 2009
    • level: 10
    All of the reasons you mentioned above and more.

Serious

[3]May 12, 2009
    I love the way he treats suspects. He has such comtempt for the rich. I wish I could say what I feel without consciences.

bonjovichick

[4]May 13, 2009
    • level: 16

While he might be the biggest part of the cast I have to say it is the whole cast that keeps me watching. I enjoy them as a group and they are interact so well with each other. I find myself caring about seeing all of them in an episode. Cho (hope I spelled it right) is my second favorite as he gets some of the funniest lines of the show that aren't Patricks.

TypeB

[5]May 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    bonjovichick wrote:

While he might be the biggest part of the cast I have to say it is the whole cast that keeps me watching. I enjoy them as a group and they are interact so well with each other. I find myself caring about seeing all of them in an episode. Cho (hope I spelled it right) is my second favorite as he gets some of the funniest lines of the show that aren't Patricks.

Same here. It's not often that I like ALL the characters in a TV show. And yes, I love how Cho cracks me up at unexpected moments.

BiniBeans

[6]May 13, 2009
    • level: 21
    I agree as well. Love me some bone dry Cho humor.

jrdritchey

[7]May 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    I like shows of this style (the mentalist, psyche, lie to me, etc.). I think that Jane is hillarious, and Cho has a unique humor to him.

The-1337

[8]May 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    I watch it mostly for Jane though I think Robin Tuney is great.

remycathy

[9]May 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    I love all of them. Cho, Grace ,Rigsby, Lsbon and Patrick, they are all amusing and full of humor.

a_g_p

[11]May 21, 2009
    • level: 4
    because of simon baker and the mentalistic elements

LadyInque

[12]May 23, 2009
    • level: 24
    For a lot of reasones bu7t, bottom line, its a good tv show

XO XO

yarnqueen

[13]May 24, 2009
    I love Jane--he's cool, calm, collected, wounded, and has those incredible eyes that can express so many things. I also get a kick out of the situation between Grace and Grigsby, and finding out Cho's oddities. I also enjoy the more "deductive" slant to the show--everything isn't blood spatter patterns and DNA, although they are also used.

vicbjones

[14]May 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    I have a soft spot for quirky genius detectives who notice things that no one else does, but what most intrigues me about The Mentalist is Jane's empathy for the victims' families and the grief he feels for the loss of his family, especially in the non-Red John episodes. The scene where Jane breaks into tears over the channeler's message from his wife and the scene where he touches his wedding ring and turns down a woman's invitation on the grounds that he's married were the highlights of their respective episodes for me.

sunsethill

[15]May 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    I totally agree. While Jane is the drawing card, the whole cast has blended nicely and set the stage for further character development. The actors are certainly qualified to handle weighty material. Rigsby is probably my second favorite character after Jane. I was completely surprised after reading his bio: born in Wales, studied at the Royal Academy of Arts, and graduated from Oxford. His American accent is as good as Hugh Laurie's (Gregory House), also British. Laurie started in comedy along with Stephen Fry. I wonder if Rigsby has any comedy experience.

doggiebag123

[16]May 25, 2009

am i the only one who sees this show as a less funny version of Psych? i could take it or leave it.

ps if youve ever watched phych or monk youd notict that many of the storyline on this show are similar to ones previously done on those shows. it sucks that major networks can get away with copying basic cable shows because the networks have more noteriety

Edited on 05/25/2009 9:41am

doggiebag123

[17]May 25, 2009

sunsethill wrote:
    I totally agree. While Jane is the drawing card, the whole cast has blended nicely and set the stage for further character development. The actors are certainly qualified to handle weighty material. Rigsby is probably my second favorite character after Jane. I was completely surprised after reading his bio: born in Wales, studied at the Royal Academy of Arts, and graduated from Oxford. His American accent is as good as Hugh Laurie's (Gregory House), also British. Laurie started in comedy along with Stephen Fry. I wonder if Rigsby has any comedy experience.

his accent is nowhere near as good as Hugh Lauries. i can hear simon bakers native accent come through all the time. and while Hugh Laurie is not perfect he does make slips you have to consider some of the words he is saying (those medical terms are hard enough to say without haveing to say them while faking an accent) i actually started a thread about why they dont just let simon baker use his native austrailian accent.

(oh wait you werent talking about simon baker u were talking about the other guy sorry. yeah his american accent is pretty good right up there with HL and that guy from brothers and sisters whose name i still cant remember. has america run out of good actors that we have to import them now think about all the shows with british actors: House, The Mentalist, Mental, Lie to Me, Brothers and Sisters although the actors on lie to me and mental dont fake american accents)

RealityFan2686

[18]May 28, 2009
    • level: 30

a_g_p wrote:
    because of simon baker and the mentalistic elements

Ditto!!

~~ Tina ~~

wakilisha

[19]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 2
    tis a pretty good show

xX-Linda-Xx

[20]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    Jane of course is a really charming guy.
    I watch it for Rigsby & Van Pelt.. (altough I would like to see Van Pelt with Jane first)