The Mentalist

His Red Right Hand

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 19, 2009 on CBS

• Excellent Episode!!

OMG, where to start?! At the beginning they show Grace and Rigsby in bed together being woken up by their cell phones for a case. Grace is so cute, she's worried that Lisbon will know that Rigsby is there if she answers her phone in bed with him. At the crime scene (minus Lisbon which I thought was weird) Jane comments that Rigsby smells like lanvender or something like that, then as they are leaving he asks Grace if that is Lanvender she's wearing. Clearly he has figured them out.

As everyone is coming back to the CBI, Cho, Jane, Lisbon, Secretary chick walk into Bosco's office only to find everyone shot with Bosco being the only one still alive. Major freakout by everyone, Jane is in shock, and Lisbon is terrified Bosco won't make it and the secretary is screaming in the background. After Bosco is taken to the hospital, Lisbon becomes concerned that Jane is in shock, but he deflects her saying she should get herself cleaned up (She is covered in Bosco's blood). I gotta say I'm more impressed with Robin Tunney's acting each episode, when she was washing her shirt in the bathroom, I thought she was going to throwup. More investigating stuff and they find Red John is behind it because Bosco found some evidence that could possibly lead to Red John. Jane wants to take Bosco off the morphine so he will wakeup and tell them what he has learned. Lisbon walks in and is angry with him and calls him a cold bastard. She refuses to believe that Bosco may die. As they retrace his investigation Jane finds himself two steps behind Red John. Evidence gone and destroyed, but they did find Red Johns accomplise, the secretary (shocker) who shot the team and is on her way to the hospital to finish the job. Lisbon and Grace stop her and Lisbon is dangerously close to killing her until Bosco wakes up and distracts her. Jane interrogates the secretary but she doesn't really give anything away, just that she loves Red John and he is a great man. She says that Jane is a lot like Red John, he sees people for who they are. It was kind of unsettling when she compared them. They really are kind of alike, yin to yang sort of thing. Jane does have a dark side, but he usually directs it at criminals and such (like the biker). She reveals that Red John wanted Bosco and his team dead so Jane could have the case back and that Red John missed him. Not much later the secretary is dead (again shocker), Red John killed her.

Back at the hospital Lisbon is told that Bosco isn't going to make it. They talk and he reveals that he loves her and Lisbon (crying) says she loves him too, to which he says he really loves her. She says she knows but doesn't comment more on it. Bosco asks for Jane. Bosco tells Jane to kill Red John when they find him, not to arrest him. Janes says that's the plan. Then Bosco tells him something we don't hear, obviously about Lisbon as Jane looks up at her through the window. Lisbon is confused as if she knows they are talking about her, Bosco dies shortly after. We really see Jane and Lisbon in alot of pain in this episode and it's funny because they both are incapable from seeking comfort from anyone, even each other. They stand alone. Later Lisbon asks what Bosco said to Jane, he replies that he told him to look after her. Bosco has always hinted that Lisbon cares for Jane more than she should, I just wonder if he let the cat out of the bag before he died. All in all a great episode, but we really are no closer to finding Red John. As usual one step forward, two steps back.