The Mentalist

Ladies in Red

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 21, 2008 on CBS

• The Mentalist keeps getting better.

CBS and network TV's top new show keeps on getting better. Simon Baker is perfect in the role of Patrick Jane and is one of the most compelling characters on a procedural drama in a long time. Too many shows feature generic, bland characters that fail to have any special talents. Jane is both funny and unique, and he is just such an interesting television personality.

The story was really good here and again The Mentalist keeps you guessing until the very end. I suspected foul play from the widow at the beginning, as did Patrick Jane, but I did not expect things to unfold the way they did. Great showing from The Mentalist, the best yet.
  • Great Show!!

awesome episode, I thought the wife was the culprit all along, however, I thought the girlfriend was in on the murder also. I think this is the best new show that has come on the tv scene this fall. The Mentalist has it all, it is crime drama with a twist. I love Patrick Jane's quirky sense of humor. The cast seems to mesh like they have been working together for years instead of just months. Bravo CBS, for putting together another great new crime drama. I use to watch The Guardian and I just loved him on that show also and was sad to see The Guardian go off the air.
  • Very good episode.

What's the point of a safe room that doesn't have an alarm to a security company or the police? If it had, he'd probably still be alive. It's obvious the man was paranoid – even his wife didn't know about the panic room.

This is interesting – answers a question I had, why the CBI tolerates Jane – because of his case closure rate.

It's obvious from the first that the wife's dirty, she realizes Jane's her best chance to get the diamonds. Adriana is the one who went for the daughter and the mother goes after the diamonds. The last nail in the coffin was her ignorance about Peter and the Wolf.

Fav quote:
    - "That's where he stares at the back of her neck for several hours, women love that."
    - "Why would I want a crowd of women following me around?"
    - "I mistakenly treat him like a responsible adult."

A very strong episode.
  • The team investigates the murder of Jason Sands, a wealthy banker, who bled to death inside his residence vault after being tortured. Meanwhile, Jane works over the suspects to learn which one will reveal their true colors.

This episode was my all time favorite back when I first saw it. This episode is deftly written and cleverly plotted. A fine example and great installment. The diamonds were right their in plain sight, I can't believe I missed, but, it's not like they made it the most predictable thing in the world. I mean you didn't even learn about the diamonds, until 10 minutes after you first saw that room. The mistress storyline was interesting. Also, this episode started to reveal more personality behind Rigsby, he had more lines in this episode than in any other episodes. THERE!
CBS