The Mentalist

Little Red Corvette

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jan 13, 2013 on CBS

• Oddly unsatisfied with this episode!

Good things about the episode;

Jane's obvious desire to help Lisbon through her increasing and understandable frustration at not being able to implicate Volker.

Lisbon willing to "bend" the truth to get her way will help her in understanding of Jane's drive to get Red John.

Finding out that a highly placed agent is a "mole" for Volker.

Lisbon punching Volker out, when she arrested him.

Not so good things about the episode;

The boy apparently perfectly OK after witnessing a pretty gruesome murder and the death/disappearance of his mother.

The lacklustre finish where Jane simply handed the boy back was very touching and all but I'd have preferred a celebration back at the CBI, with some interaction in the team.

Terrible things about the episode;

Volker, this man whose arrogance is immense, always dots his "I's" and crosses his "T's", suddenly panics and goes on a manhunt (boyhunt?), when he can't get someone to kill the kid, leaves fingerprints all over the place and eventually grabs the kid in a very public place.

He might as well have hung a big sign round his neck, saying "Hey everyone, look at me! I'm the bad guy!".

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode but it left me "oddly unsatisfied".
MNT